It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for Information on Visual Snow / Empathy / Metaphysical connection.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'm seeking the advice and collective knowledge of the ATS community to help me out with this.

In my research and personal life, there is a connection between the visual snow phenomena and metaphysics.

I've experienced visual snow since childhood. Additionally, I've experienced "vibrations" or energy of sorts that allow me to connect with people, animals, nature etc on a strange but observable level.

I can definitely provide more information, however I am also looking if any personal insights or knowledge into this area.

I've located a thread from a while back that talks about this a bit, located here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, the post is very old,and I'd like to re-visit this topic. Many members were very cryptic in their answers,and didn't recommend talking about this aloud, for some reason. I'd definitely love to hear more on that.

Can anyone provide any stories, personal research or insight into this? My own experiences have morphed with time, but I'd like to learn as much as I can about what I've experienced my whole life.

I'm also open to any questions, I will do my best to answer.

Thank you ATS!

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I can see " visual snow" if I concentrate on it. In a sense it is like white noise. I think the following might help in developing a better understanding of the phenomena you experience:

Stochastic resonance (SR) is a phenomenon where a signal that is normally too weak to be detected by a sensor, can be boosted by adding white noise to the signal, which contains a wide spectrum of frequencies. The frequencies in the white noise corresponding to the original signal's frequencies will resonate with each other, amplifying the original signal while not amplifying the rest of the white noise (thereby increasing the signal-to-noise ratio which makes the original signal more prominent). Further, the added white noise can be enough to be detectable by the sensor, which can then filter it out to effectively detect the original, previously undetectable signal.
link

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Poveglia

Turns out, to the extent that a few minutes of googling around can reveal, it’s not an easy question to answer. It’s certainly true that the photoreceptors in a frog’s eye are sensitive enough to trigger on individual photons — indeed, researchers are using frog’s eyes to help fashion hybrid light-detector technology. But on the other hand, human photoreceptors are also sensitive enough to trigger on individual photons — and yet, we don’t as a matter of fact actually see photons one at a time. The presumption is that we would be seeing too much noise if our brains actually responded to such low levels of light; in practice, it seems to take several dozen photons before a human will say they see something.

So maybe the same is true for frogs? I wasn’t able to find a definitive-sounding word on the subject, but there is good reason to believe that frogs are at least much more sensitive than we are. The point is that noise we filter out is roughly proportional to body temperature. In a warm-blooded creature, simple thermal motions are constantly jostling the rhodopsin molecules in the eye, which could mimic the act of seeing something. A cold-blooded frog isn’t as susceptible to this problem, so its vision can be usefully much more efficient at low light levels.

source

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I get visual snow looking at the sky. Thousands of dancing little lights in my vision. But thats just blood cells travelling through the cappilliaries behind my eye sockets. Maybe you are experiencing a similar ocurance.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Thank you for your reply.

I understand what you are explaining to me, but your explanation doesnt explain what I'm experiencing, and have been my whole life.

Congrats for seeing that when you look at the sky, mine is visible at all times, especially in low light vision.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Hi,

I don't know where I heard it but I thought that visual snow was essentially the white blood cells in your eyes moving around and that's what visual snow was. However upon reading wikipedia it appears to be over-excited neurons in your brain... or something like that.

Much easier to see in low light situations.

I'm actually glad i'm here in this thread right now as I have identified what I think is a weird anomaly in my visual perception.

In essence I am laying down in my bed at night, and I look to the left and there is a little section of wall between two windows.

So imagine my bedroom which just has two windows separated by a little piece of wall, with the blinds closed. My bed is in the corner of the bedroom with a window behind my head, and then the little wall and then another window. Front of the house.

But when it's all dark and I look left towards the little wall and more distant window (with blinds closed) It looks like there is some black thing jutting out from the wall and obscuring the little bit of light that gets through the blinds of that more distant window. It reminds me of 3D movies, how a piece of ash might be floating through the air and you reach of to grab it, but it's an illusion.

This is the same, but I honestly can't make heads or tails about how it is doing it and distorting the view of the distant blinds. Reach out and nothing is there. But it truly looks like some 3D structure is coming out of the wall. I can't figure it out in the slightest.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Visual snow is a symptom of serotonin toxicity. It can be from abnormal levels, genetically, or, most of the time, it happens after an adverse reaction to overdose or hypersensitivity to drugs that affect serotonin reuptake, whether they be prescribed psychiatric drugs like SSRIs, or recreational substances.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bent8484

pretty Iffy …

but it is clear that there is something not regular in the Brain/Neural Pathways...

the majority of people visualize in am Analog type of sequence... and a frame-by-frame image becomes apparent at times

but the OP has the distinct visuals which suggest an obvious 'digital format' instead of the ubiquitous Analog, movie screen which most of us use some 99% of the time

when I Astral Travel my panoramic surroundings are crisp/clear/ high definition/lucid visuals … instead of the inferior, dim and uncrisp images created in the Analog/frame-by-frame mode of 3rd Eye visualizations

the OP is fortunate, imho,

re DaRAGE:

However upon reading wikipedia it appears to be over-excited neurons in your brain... or something like that.

edit on rd31159378560003132020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

So 6 year old me had an adverse reaction to some type of drug in the 80s?

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

"It can be from abnormal levels, genetically..."

Edit: and I wouldn't rule out in utero exposure late in pregnancy, either. 80s anti depressants were pretty hardcore, very low selectivity, and pregnant women often get anti depressants and anxiolytics prescribed, so it's worth investigating in that direction.

If it's any comfort, you're the second poster I've seen on ATS who seems to think that serotonin toxicity syndrome is a supernatural power.
edit on 3-7-2020 by Bent8484 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

... those crisp colors and high resolution edges sure sound like *something* made your pupils dilate, taking in more light.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Wait, wait, wait. So you're claiming that what I am experiencing is serotonin toxicity syndrome when I am on no medication, no supplements? Hell, I rarely even pop an ibuprofin.

Also, this has been happening since childhood, and my mother was never on any meds so, good attempt I guess, but your answer doesnt make any sense.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

pretty Iffy …

but it is clear that there is something not regular in the Brain/Neural Pathways...

the majority of people visualize in am Analog type of sequence... and a frame-by-frame image becomes apparent at times

but the OP has the distinct visuals which suggest an obvious 'digital format' instead of the ubiquitous Analog, movie screen which most of us use some 99% of the time

when I Astral Travel my panoramic surroundings are crisp/clear/ high definition/lucid visuals … instead of the inferior, dim and uncrisp images created in the Analog/frame-by-frame mode of 3rd Eye visualizations

the OP is fortunate, imho,

re DaRAGE:

However upon reading wikipedia it appears to be over-excited neurons in your brain... or something like that.

So, do you have any insights into this..

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Poveglia

originally posted by: St Udio

So, do you have any insights into this..

your promising condition should be honed to HD 4G clarity.... it should be a nice adaptation to survive the fast approaching Technocracy Cabal of Despots who will be busy culling the general population , to the Georgia Guidestones levels by 2030

One might be poetic in saying you are an example of the coming elevated individuals to inhabit the Aquarian Age that dawned in year 2020/Winter of 2019

demonic possessed internet-of-everything Devices... will not cloud you mind or vision with delusions, as Prophecied

top topics

join