It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Florida Sheriff says he is deputizing all the gun owners for the Rioters

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Tell that Sheriff to ease up on the red meat, but it's not a bad political strategy for his town especially when running against 6 other ppl.

He is pervy and low key corrupt

Daniels, the county’s first Black sheriff, is himself under investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement related to an affair he had with a fellow officer when he was at the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office and a subsequent false arrest of that officer.

His challengers accused him of inviting chaos to Clay County and insulting the training necessary to become a sheriff’s deputy.
www.usatoday.com...

edit on 5-7-2020 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeGee

The function of a militia is spelled out in Article 1, Section 8: “...to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions”

The Second Amendment establishes that the People are the militia.

Now if you encounter to old argument that arms are only for the militia and not the People, then show them section 8 where Congress is to provide arms for the militia when called upon and then ask why the logic conflict if only the militia can own arms under the Second.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Looks like Clay County has a tyrant problem.

I do not support BLM, but I do support peaceful protest. The man in the video was arrested for resisting without violence no other charge. From the video, I didn't see him resisting. He wasn't informed of the law he was being detained for. I am also unaware of any ordinance that he was in violation of. The entire attitude of the officer was wrong. He claimed I will speak to you like a man then went into instructor mode.

link[edi tby]edit on 12-7-2020 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I see a bunch of scumbag public employees that need to be fired.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I agree.

I don't even know how you charge someone for resisting arrest when you don't have anything to arrest them for. On top of that, I don't see him resisting.

Tyrants

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

He should file a suit, if he already hasn't, for violating his civil rights.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That is the only way to effect change it is just sad that the public has to pay for it. If officers didn't have qualified immunity I don't think they would be so willing to violate people's constitutional rights.

I called the sheriff's office and talked to an officer on duty and she said that many of them were shocked by his arrest because he was known to be a nice guy who always waved to them with all five fingers. The arresting officer is not well known because he works in community affairs. I asked if all their community affairs officers had poor communication skills. Not that she was aware of.

Anyway, I got the case number and will call tomorrow and FOIA it to my e-mail. This one is close to home so it has my interest. My position is if they are willing to do something like that on camera they are probably worse when they are not recorded.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Anyway, I got the case number and will call tomorrow and FOIA it to my e-mail. This one is close to home so it has my interest. My position is if they are willing to do something like that on camera they are probably worse when they are not recorded.

Exactly.

Anyone who is not for ending public unions is part of the problem.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Exactly.

Anyone who is not for ending public unions is part of the problem.

Amen!
/Rant on
And ending lifetime appointments for ANY position in Gov. That is ridiculous to give someone a position that will be unaccountable when they go "breakin' bad". We need to be able to recall the Judges and ban the damn Gov Unions. Unions of gov employees is contradictory because they have a financial aspect to each citizen that their demands go against. Congress, who are tied to the budget and must be re elected every 2 years shall decide the pay structure of Gov employees. Not the best plan but it is fair to all. It is incumbent on the voters to make their representatives do the job they were sent to Congress to do. /off

Sorry, I had to do my extreme Green Acres Mr Douglass thing......

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Strange too that it was the Black Officers arresting these people for something and they do appear to be peaceful.

I was ordered to be arrested by the Mayor of my city one day while getting a petition signed to oust him and we tried and got it to court but then failed. The Black Police officer who arrived to arrest me for the crime of seeking voters to sign our petition in a small circle farm roadway off the street called his backup, and the Mayor in front of me, to say there was no crime being committed. That mayor screamed at him that he didn't give a G. D. he wanted me arrested now. That Officer refused. He became a Deputy a few months later. I am proud to know him.

What we see in this video does appear over the top. It might be to send a message but it won't send the right one to a Judge unless there is something not reported that video is compelling for the defendants.

Looks like Clay County has a tyrant problem.

I do not support BLM, but I do support peaceful protest. The man in the video was arrested for resisting without violence no other charge. From the video, I didn't see him resisting. He wasn't informed of the law he was being detained for. I am also unaware of any ordinance that he was in violation of. The entire attitude of the officer was wrong. He claimed I will speak to you like a man then went into instructor mode.

link[/qu ote]

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Thank You Sheriff . KEEP THE FAITH .......)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Try defending your life, liberty, and property with a "stethoscope". Maybe then your analogy would make sense. That said? Every "doctor" with a stethoscope, isn't exactly an "expert". More people die of "medical malpractice" than "gun violence" every year. That's a fact.

Basically you're saying, the rest of America has a better chance of "trusting" YOU with a "stethoscope", than a gun? What os your useful purpose? Let me guess? "Community Organizer"? Lawyer? "Voter".
edit on 14-7-2020 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

America needs Americans like you and that LEO. Now, more tha ever.

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22

America needs Americans like you and that LEO. Now, more tha ever.

Thank you Murphy. I lost a friend named Murphy to Agent Orange issues from Viet Nam just a few short years back. I bet he would appreciate knowing you.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join