It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump news – live: President again says coronavirus will just disappear

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

While im not old, im old enough to have heard actual old people make those kinds of references before. To someone in my generation, someone in a mask might be referred to as "batman" or "jason" due to our own pop culture references. To someone in Trumps generation, the Lone Ranger is a very valid reference.

And while it may make him look old...he didn't campaign on a bus called the "No Malarky Express".

Honestly, his comment was neither smart nor dumb. It was a nervous bit of humor. Folks need to get a grip, let people just live. The guy didn't almost launch a nuke or something...he made a bit of humor (or, what people in his age group typically call humor).

Something else to keep in mind, from a personality standpoint: to him wearing that mask is humiliating. I know plenty of very wealthy people...trust me. Wearing a mask is humiliating to him. The fact that he did it is pretty significant. Give the guy some credit.

And no, im not a fan of Trump either (despite my frequent defense of him in situations like this).

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: FinallyAwake

While im not old, im old enough to have heard actual old people make those kinds of references before. To someone in my generation, someone in a mask might be referred to as "batman" or "jason" due to our own pop culture references. To someone in Trumps generation, the Lone Ranger is a very valid reference.

And while it may make him look old...he didn't campaign on a bus called the "No Malarky Express".

Honestly, his comment was neither smart nor dumb. It was a nervous bit of humor. Folks need to get a grip, let people just live. The guy didn't almost launch a nuke or something...he made a bit of humor (or, what people in his age group typically call humor).

Something else to keep in mind, from a personality standpoint: to him wearing that mask is humiliating. I know plenty of very wealthy people...trust me. Wearing a mask is humiliating to him. The fact that he did it is pretty significant. Give the guy some credit.

And no, im not a fan of Trump either (despite my frequent defense of him in situations like this).[/quote

I can't disagree with that, thanks for your input.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join