It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong protesters ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Probably the only time i feel bad for protesters..

Those arrested are looking at life in a hard labor camp.

The protesters months and months ago got it bad as well.

The Chinese police dont Storm in

They surround the protesters, and no one goes in or out unless it's in cuffs. They wait until the mob starves themselves and physically cannot take it anymore.
The lucky ones escaped though sewers.
Eveyone else is now doing years and years of hard labor.

Compared to the u.s. ...in NY the rioters who burn police cars are let out within 10 hours because Democrats got rid of bail.
Its called the revolving door of crime.

Trump announced hundreds of arrests of people rioting. Only thing , the liberal judges are not charging them with anything

The country is not on the same page and is a straight up mess with Democrats resisting everything.

The Democrats have become too powerful with media , hollyweird, silicon valley, college education on their side.
Their gangs of antifa, BLM, LGBTQ, illegal aliens, muslims do all their dirty work.

They control a lot

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

3 million Hong Kong residents are to be given British Citizenship to settle in The U.K.

Up to three million Hong Kong residents are to be offered the chance to settle in the UK and ultimately apply for citizenship, Boris Johnson has said.

www.bbc.com...

Lets see if America does anything. Time to put up or shut up.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
The senate introduced an 'automatic' asylum bill for HKers in the beginning of June.

www.sasse.senate.gov...

The Sasse legislation grants asylum to individuals who currently possess the Right of Abode (Permanent Residency) in Hong Kong by birth and who have maintained a continuous residency in Hong Kong since.

My guess is it (or something similar) will be getting more legs now that the CCP took over

edit on 2-7-2020 by Halfswede because: added quote

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Yea, don't let a little thing like a quick google search get in the way of your America hating.

www.wsj.com...
curtis.house.gov...

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Yea, don't let a little thing like a quick google search get in the way of your America hating.

www.wsj.com...
curtis.house.gov...

Britain is offering citizenship.

America is offering temporary asylum.

See the difference fool ?

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

3 million Hong Kong residents are to be given British Citizenship to settle in The U.K.

Why not ?
They started it.
The British that is...
edit on 7/2/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   

In the US you have to be here for a certain number of years before you can get citizenship. Asylum seekers will be able to do so.

But hey, we already know that reading information isn't your forte.

www.nolo.com...#:~:text=You%20may%20count%20at%20least,five%20years%20of%20p ermanent%20residence&text=Nearly%20everyone%20wishing%20to%20apply,a%20minimum%20number%20of%20years.
edit on 2-7-2020 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

www.wsj.com...
curtis.house.gov...

The problem here is the CCP can now terminate all people's passports in Hong Kong. The situation is of uncertainty at the moment there.
Its like the rich in America left for New Zealand before March 3rd. before the closure of NZ.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

in the seventies on the ships i sailed on the chinees crew in the galley and engine room hk chinese always had a picture of chairman mao in there mess room in fact i still have mao's little red book in english given to me on maos birthday it looks like they got what they wanted

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

In the US you have to be here for a certain number of years before you can get citizenship. Asylum seekers will be able to do so.

But hey, we already know that reading information isn't your forte.

www.nolo.com...#:~:text=You%20may%20count%20at%20least,five%20years%20of%20p ermanent%20residence&text=Nearly%20everyone%20wishing%20to%20apply,a%20minimum%20number%20of%20years.

You supply a " link" that you have to subscribe to.

The other link is refering to a " Bill " which hasn't even been passed yet. And who knows if it will.

Nice try anyway.

link   

originally posted by: Steveogold

in the seventies on the ships i sailed on the chinees crew in the galley and engine room hk chinese always had a picture of chairman mao in there mess room in fact i still have mao's little red book in english given to me on maos birthday it looks like they got what they wanted

OOPS , I did not mean that way.
The British started it...

link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Why not ?
They started it.

Started what ?

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Why not ?
They started it.

Started what ?

Kicked it off with the 99 year lease.
Promised the folks of Hong Kong a semi - autonomous government after the lease expired.
What else ?

edit on 7/2/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

From the Agreement.

"The [HKSAR] will be directly under the authority of the Central People's Government of the [PRC and] will enjoy a high degree of autonomy, except in foreign and defence affairs.

en.wikipedia.org...

Well isn't it ?

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

From the Agreement.

"The [HKSAR] will be directly under the authority of the Central People's Government of the [PRC and] will enjoy a high degree of autonomy, except in foreign and defence affairs.

en.wikipedia.org...

Well isn't it ?

Do you think so ?
I don't

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

From the Agreement.

en.wikipedia.org...

Well isn't it ?

Do you think so ?
I don't

You seriously don't think Hong Kong is directly under the authority of The Peoples Republic Of China ?

Strange.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

The links work for me and they aren't the only ones. But I forgot you're too lazy to look things up your self.

Funny, looks like the UK plan isn't complete yet either.

I used your BBC link to make it easy for you.

Downing Street said further details of the scheme will be detailed "in due course

Also your claim of offering citizenship isn't quite true now is it? Looks to be similar to the US process.

Again from your own link

will be given right to remain in the UK, including the right to work and study, for five years. At this point, they will be able to apply for settled status, and after a further year, seek citizenship

www.bbc.com...

edit on 2-7-2020 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

You haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Currently there are 350,000 BNO passport holders, but about three million Hong Kong residents are eligible for BNO passports

www.bbc.com...

British overseas territories citizens from Hong Kong who did not register as British nationals (overseas) and had no other nationality or citizenship on 30 June 1997 became British overseas citizens on 1 July 1997.

www.gov.uk...

For those people to become full British Citizens is a mere formality.

The links work for me and they aren't the only ones. But I forgot you're too lazy to look things up your self

If you're trying to prove a point do your own research and supply links to back it up. Why should i do it for you.

The one link you supplied was complete crap. Subscribe my arse.

edit on 2-7-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

a reply to: FauxMulder

Funny, you keep leaving out the part about it taking 6 years.

For those people to become full British Citizens is a mere formality.

A 6 year formality.

If you're trying to prove a point do your own research and supply links to back it up. Why should i do it for you.

The one link you supplied was complete crap. Subscribe my arse.

There were a total of 4 links. But to make it convenient for you, I used your own BBC link.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I don't get the hostility, both parties are doing something.

Do we always need a fight?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join