It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote Viewing The Travis Walton Case?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: orbhunterx
I'd like to know if anyone knows of a serious effort to remote view the Travis Walton UFO abduction, specifically in regards to who the aliens are and what they were doing, besides healing Travis from the blast?
So did someone use pseudoscience to investigate what the pro-UFO organization named "Ground Saucer Watch" thought was a hoax based on their first-on-the-scene investigation, is what you're really asking. OMG what a question.

You can find out lots more about the Walton case in the attached link than you will ever find out through remote viewing:

Skeptical Information on the Travis Walton "UFO Abduction" Story

It's a very bitchy link, isn't it, Arby?

I love the Walton case; it's one of only a handful or so of cases that still befuddle me, and what an epic it is, if not THE epic UFO story of all time. Which, of course, means it attracts even higher amounts of flak than usual, despite Walton himself never once wavering from his curiously believable demeanour over the past 45 years.

I wrote a thread about the case last year that specifically focused on the other witnesses other than Walton, or rather the FIVE witnesses who are not generally regarded as having been 'in' on a potential hoax perpetrated by Travis and Mike Rogers. The details of Walton's recollections on board a UFO have never really interested me, but the notion that he and Mike Rogers organised a fake UFO abduction and prolonged disappearance without the others' knowledge is a fascinating and entertaining notion in itself!

Putting aside all the controversial elements connected with the Travis family, associated UFO interests (how sceptics love to throw mud at folks who have the affrontery to admit that), his mother's lack of concern, the hypnosis sessions, and the notion of avoiding a breach of work contract etc... putting ALL that aside, we still have five witnesses who saw something very strange occur to their colleague Travis. If we assume such 'strangeness' was deliberately constructed by Travis and Rogers, it's a rather unique feat in the annals of ufology, even putting aside any long-term disappearance with Travis presumably hiding somewhere.

That these five guys (and Rogers as an assumed co-hoaxer with Travis) were genuine murder suspects for a few days, the genuine trauma resulting from such allegations should not be discounted lightly by sceptics. It would also paint Walton and Rogers as cruel, unfeeling bastards of the highest order to place their colleagues in such a position, whatever any inner disagreements or conflicts there may have been between them.

It's an element of the story that even Klass must have raised a confused eyebrow over, and which even a happy-clappy picture of the gang holding a cheque does not easily explain. Those five men are not stars of ufology... and I suspect they are relieved that's the case, but the question remains: did Walton and Rogers really go to all that length to dupe the others?

As Karl Pflock opined in one of the linked articles:

"I hasten to add that, while I think a hoax is possible, I have not made up my mind about the case."

One notion doing the rounds is that this was potentially a military abduction (there was military activity in the area at the time of the incident) - a theory that the Betty and Barney Hill case from 14 years earlier is not a stranger to. Hmmmm.

Fun, though, innit?

edit on 22-7-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Travis was gone for five days and yet in the hospital nor did his blood work show any indication of fasting. I guess the aliens kept him well fed.
edit on 22-7-2020 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
Travis was gone for five days and yet in the hospital nor did his blood work show any indication of fasting. I guess the aliens kept him well fed.

Lots of barbecued cattle parts.

posted on Jul, 22 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
what an epic it is, if not THE epic UFO story of all time.
Is it a UFO story though? Did you listen to the calls to the national UFO reporting center that Kandinsky posted in your thread? The call said what they saw was a light, close to the ground.

One of the witnesses mentioned he thought it might be something related to a deer stand at first, didn't he? That would be something attached to a tree, not flying. So if I missed the witness testimony that they actually saw something flying, please point it out. The closest I saw was when they drove away (the chickens, or maybe just the decision of the alleged co-hoaxer Rogers and the rest were along for the ride), they looked back and thought they saw a light moving through the trees, but that's not really definitive that anything was flying.

So instead of a "UFO case" maybe it's a "light, close to the ground, in the forest, which could have been on a deer stand for all I know" case.

There were some other odd calls, like the call from Travis's brother who said Travis wouldn't hoax, he's intelligent with a high IQ. Does that make any sense? Seems like that added statement is more convincing that he COULD pull off a hoax if he wanted to, if he has a high IQ. It's people with a low IQ that I'd expect to have problems pulling off a convincing hoax.

And then there was yet another caller who clearly wanted to believe the story, and did believe it early on when Travis first re-appeared. But that phone calls seems to document that Travis possibly lied about why he wouldn't talk to the scientists at Phenomena research anymore, because they wouldn't cut Travis in on the profits they would make writing their book. The response was that Phenomena research had been doing research for 20 years and never wrote a single book yet, and that's not what they do. So Travis's whole reason for not talking to them because of not cutting him on on book profits seems fictitious since they don't write any books and they confirmed that on the phone call.

So, whether Travis was telling the truth about anything else or not, the NUFORC recording seems to show he wasn't being truthful about the "book". So the caller who wanted to believe and did believe, who was very close to the case, indicated that and other things indicated him the case was falling apart and not so believable anymore.

So, while I don't think anybody doubts the "innocent" 5 witnesses other than Walton and possibly Rogers, what did they really see? A UFO? Or as the caller to the UFO hot line said, a "light, close to the ground"?

associated UFO interests (how sceptics love to throw mud at folks who have the affrontery to admit that)..
You could apply that to Klass, but GSW was said to be a "pro-UFO" organization, who pointed that out in their notes, and why do you call it mud if it's factual? GSW said: "2. The entire Walton family has had a continual UFO history. The Walton boys have reported observing 10 to 15 separate UFO sightings (very high)." Is that "mud", or is it just a fact they discovered from which you the reader can draw your own conclusions?

That these five guys (and Rogers as an assumed co-hoaxer with Travis) were genuine murder suspects for a few days, the genuine trauma resulting from such allegations should not be discounted lightly by sceptics.
You seem to be assuming Walton and Rogers predicted the outcome. What if they didn't even consider all the possible consequences? (aside from the prize money they recently heard about for a UFO story which coudl be published, that would be a consequence which would occupy their thoughts). Besides I don't think the murder allegations were that serious, the cops believed the witnesses eventualy after their lie detector tests, right?

Also, what do you think about this, how does this impact the murder allegations you seem so worried about?
Travis Walton’s Alien Abduction Lie Detection Test

His brother Duane confessed: “He’s not even missing. He knows where he’s at, and I know where he’s at.”

(The lie detectors aren't really that helpful due to unreliability, but it's funny to hear Walton say an earlier lie detector test paid for by the Enquirer proves he was telling the truth, when the after lie detection test on TV showed he was lying, at which point he says they can't be trusted. But for those interested in lie detectors the most important one conducted by one of the area's top lie detector professionals is completely ignored by most people, which isn't the one paid for by the national enquirer.)

One notion doing the rounds is that this was potentially a military abduction (there was military activity in the area at the time of the incident) - a theory that the Betty and Barney Hill case from 14 years earlier is not a stranger to. Hmmmm.

Lots of people claim they have been abducted. The Walton case is unique on having extra witnesses who saw a "Light, close to the ground" before a man's "disappearance", but there's no evidence he was abducted. There's no evidence Betty Hill was abducted either. Did you see the letter that Benjamin Simon wrote to Phil Klass, saying that he's sure they made a sighting of something, but he's also sure there was no abduction?

So before I tried to explain any abduction as military, I'd want to see evidence of the abduction, and I have yet to see any good evidence of any abduction. If there really are abductions, now we have places like London with security cameras everywhere, which could possibly give some independent evidence of abductions claims by London residents, if they were really happening, which I expect are not really happening..

edit on 2020722 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 23 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Yes, they also had to make sure he had oxygen or he would have died in seconds.

One of those cases I havent taken the time to look into, is it worth it?
edit on 23-7-2020 by 111DPKING111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I think what the five innocent witnesses saw was a fire lookout tower, lit up at night. I've investigated this story in recent months (on the heels of all the infighting between Travis Walton and Mike Rogers) and even just based on how Travis's book describes the night, it seems clear they saw the cab of the tower behind trees.

It was a set-up, for money, and wrecked the lives of at least two of the witnesses.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Wiser
I didn't know anything about a fire lookout tower, how did you find out about that?

But with the "I thought it might be a deer stand at first" observation, the witness did seem to think the light might be on something attached to the ground by some means, and not a flying object.

The infighting between Travis Walton and Mike Rogers was certainly an interesting development in the case, wasn't it?

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Hm just a food for thought was he looking at into the future or possibility of another earth? you know the theory of multiverse i am always intrigued by that concept.

As i remember reading something about some green skinned children in Britain that appeared out of nowhere in Britain. They all had the color of their skin green they did look humans but problary weren't from our earth.

In that other article i read it claimed they spoke in also strange language.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tinel

Remote Viewing The Travis Walton Case?

According to col. Corso the EBEs use remote viewing and mind-machine interface (technologically enhanced ESP?) via head bands to navigate the craft.They would remote view the space time coordinates of the destination and the craft would travel to the location.Lockheed-Martin's Ben Rich,Rob Weiss and Boyd Bushman have said that the physics of (quantum?) consciousness and ESP is the key to interstellar travel.

The star map chair described by Walton may be where the "magic" happens.

I believe this too because my encounter with 3 foot tall grey aliens was pretty much all telepathic, so that makes sense about their craft.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The farsight institute recently did remote viewing on Roswell and the crash at Corona. Perhaps Courtney Brown could be asked to add the Travis Walton case to their short list.

Trailer

That trailer is 4 years old. Where's the full version?

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I just tried it. I saw the "craft" was actually the top of something that was coming up out of the ground. It was able to move in and out of the ground on top of a collapsable shaft that parascopes up. The "craft" and shaft seemed to be connected to a large room or series of rooms underground near the mountain.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Wiser

A lot going on out there. You should create your own thread on all this. See exactly what holds up.
ATS has some pretty serious research here and there.

Some links to include Peter Robbins gathering his army together.

web.facebook.com...

web.facebook.com...

web.facebook.com...

As many of you are aware, over this past month a series of allegations have been leveled against Travis Walton regarding the accuracy, authenticity and reality of his November 5, 1975 abduction by UFO occupants while working as a logger in the Sitgraves National Forest. These allegations have been leveled against him by a small number of individuals, all of whom were all but unknown to us a month ago. The controversy they have set in motion has now become something of a firestorm in the world of UFO studies and to a degree at least, divided those working in the field as well as serious students of the subject. To a greater or lesser degree, the accusers have now all been heard from in radio and podcast interviews and via a website making the original allegations

Its been somewhat wild to follow, all over the place really.

edit on 25-7-2021 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Its pretty interesting just now if one follows what's been going on these past few days.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Theoretically, remote-viewers can view any event at any time (past, present, or future) in the Universe. The problem has always been that multiple RVers often report different things when viewing the same target. Some have suggested that they are accessing possible "quantum histories" rather than the "real-life" Universe.

Most RV is done by a psychic onlooker viewing something. Extended RV is when viewing an event through the eyes of an unwary witness. Remote-Influencing is the ability to manipulate the actions of others (e.g., Russia allegedly loads the front audience seats of a world chess championship to "influence" their opponent). Remote-Healing is just what it sounds like.

Even a Faraday cage cannot block an RVer. However, the Russians supposedly have an alarm to indicate that they are being "viewed". And there may be techniques to influence what an RVer "sees". Just because a RVer reports gray aliens in an underground lab doesn't mean that they are actually there. Joe McMoneagle and Lyn Buchanon (who fried a military laptop like in the movie 'Scanners') are the most respected RVers.

www.stealthskater.com... (search for 'Mahood')
www.stealthskater.com... (also look at the following this)
www.stealthskater.com...

Most mainstream physicists concede other intelligent life but doubt that they ever visited Earth. Strangely, however, they are very receptive to "time machines". There is no law in Physics that prohibits a reverse "arrow of Time". Matti Pitkanen's TGD-physics allows for violation of Thermodynamics' Second Law in Quantum-Biology (www.stealthskater.com... ) Additionally, TGD says that dark-energy photons are responsible for remote-viewing, ESP, etc.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 08:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The only times I've done remote viewing have been extremely successful, and I still have trouble believing it. Add time travel, and my mind is gone. Can we remote view future events? Honest question.
edit on 25-7-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: stealthskater
There is no law in Physics that prohibits a reverse "arrow of Time".
The "Arrow of time" is an unsolved problem in physics. Just because we don't know the fundamental laws yet doesn't mean they don't exist, like just because we hadn't discovered oxygen at one time doesn't mean people weren't breathing it. Entropy DOES require an arrow of time:

Entropy is one of the few quantities in the physical sciences that require a particular direction for time, sometimes called an arrow of time...

“The increase of disorder or entropy is what distinguishes the past from the future, giving a direction to time.” — Stephen Hawking, A Brief History of Time

Matti Pitkanen's TGD-physics allows for violation of Thermodynamics' Second Law in Quantum-Biology (www.stealthskater.com... ) Additionally, TGD says that dark-energy photons are responsible for remote-viewing, ESP, etc.
Don't tell me you understand that.

Does someone undesrstand Matti Pitkanen's TGD?

Realize that this is complete crackpottery and not suitable for discussion on PF (Physics Forums)

The spoilsports there don't usually like to discuss crackpot theories, though they did try to give an electric universe supporter from ATS a chance to explain the "theory" once, but he couldn't give a coherent explanation so they quickly shut that "discussion" down though I put "discussion" in quotes since it was more like incoherent rambling.

originally posted by: Baablacksheep
a reply to: stealthskater

www.andersoninstitute.com...
This is a conspiracy site so I suppose this is as good a place as any to post conspiracies. But Anderson didn't really score that high on the conspiracy scale. He got a much higher score on the crackpottery scale!

Anderson Institute

originally posted by: sine.nomine
The only times I've done remote viewing have been extremely successful, and I still have trouble believing it. Add time travel, and my mind is gone. Can we remote view future events? Honest question.
It's certainly not clear that remote viewing can be done at all, even without time travel. Remote viewing is considered a pseudoscience.

Remote viewing experiments have historically been criticized for lack of proper controls and repeatability. There is no scientific evidence that remote viewing exists, and the topic of remote viewing is generally regarded as pseudoscience.[2][3][4][5][6][7]
Since even the professionally conducted experiments are criticized for "lack of proper controls and repeatability" it's very difficult to imagine your personal experiments were successful in addressing those concerns adequately to draw any scientific conclusions.

By the way this issue extends to not only remote viewing, but also to many different types of alleged psychic phenomena.

By the way, back to the topic of this thread, did anybody catch the recording of the telephone call with Travis Walton's crew boss Mike Rogers, where Rogers admitted it was some kind of hoax? Then Rogers claimed the audio was faked, then he withdrew that claim. It doesn't sound faked.

Travis Walton Crew Boss Confesses! Mike Heston Rogers says it was all a HOAX!

edit on 2021726 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Again, I can only attest to my own experiences, and I dont believe them to be accurate or scientific at all. Certainly a fun experiment. The Travis Walton case has always interested me. I personally dont believe his case. It's a bit too fantastical for me. The background stories, whether true or not, kind of back up the skepticism.

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine
One thing that I suspect happens in personal remote viewing experiments is a variant of the Barnum-Forer effect, where vague or ambiguous descriptions are interpreted favorably, while contradictions are overlooked.

You can see some examples of this in a remote viewer test conducted (again not that scientifically but in an entertaining way) by Derren Brown, where he has a remote viewer try to describe what the target is looking at.

The target gives the remote viewer a relatively favorable rating, a bit higher than 50%, she thinks maybe 55-60%.
So you could get the idea there's some validity to it, but then Brown exposes so many other explanations and guesses that weren't brought up with the target, and it doesn't look anywhere near 55-60% at that point.

So again this also is not that scientific but he had some fun with it and it does illustrate some of the issues.

Does Remote Viewing Work? | HOW TO BE A PSYCHIC SPY | Derren Brown

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 04:49 AM
link   

You do know that Anderson was involved with some things Rendlesham?
Your research is poor so it seems. I simply posted what I did as there was some reference to remote viewing. Instead you have jumped all over creating a big poster about the site. I'm sure you did not need to waste precious " time" doing that. Of course you are entitled to an opinion.

As far as Travis goes there is so much noise out there presently . Interestingly it is Peter Robbins who is leading the way regarding it all.

edit on 27-7-2021 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join