It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alt - Right heavy weights being banned from social media platforms.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Out of just pure curiosity I for some reason while eating ribs and some BBQ chicken I thought of Richard Spencer, a name I had forgotten about. I decided to see what he has been up to recently.

Well, turns out I guess eating some classic southern style American cuisine on my nations dominion day made me think of the awful world that that southern US states has been in since the first statues in Virginia of Robert E. Lee were to be removed. A growing movement in America, mainly through the ultimate platform of free speech, the internet, sparked a new wave of neo - white supremacy, an old hatred with an idea that white people should have their own ethnostate, and build it with the intention of 'preserving' their European heritage. A subject as old as the US has gained it's independence when the first southern states wanted a tropical empire and expand further south.

First becoming intrigued by this movement started when I stumbled upon two TED talks, the first was with a man named Daryl Davis, who befriended the national leader of the KKK who revealed so many correlation and shocking viewpoints I have seen barrage the internet now days.
Talking about how white people have higher IQ, are more civilized, and should have their own nation, that the US was for white people only because it was founded by white people. Long story short, he denounced his involvement with the KKK and is still good friends with Davis.

The second TED talk was with a former 'neo - nazi', who fell down the path of indoctrination by skinhead culture, and even opening a record shop dedicated to only white supremacy music. The ideas and rhetoric he was bringing forward as if it were a confession, was strikingly similar to what I have seen online. The first time he was approached by a neo - nazi, he was smoking weed, and he was forced to stop, and told:

That's what the communists and the Jews want you to do to keep you docile

He was 14 years old. And from there he helped build a movement of hate and further indoctrination tactics to ensure the movement grew larger.

This was a time before the internet, a time when gang and almost child solider like recruitment tactics were the main focus to grow a movement, a movement built off the shoulders of history, the wrong side of history, a history that has echoed into this world, today.
Richard Spencer and many like him have built upon that to bring forth this movement to the internet, teaming up with an affiliation of white supremacist groups like American Renaissance, and filling impressionable minds with the idea that partition laws and breaking apart the USA to rebuild into a segregated mass of land for whites, from others should actually happen. That a race war is good, and to preserve white heritage, it will be done by any means necessary. The subject is rather in depth and sinister, and it's a growing problem.

YouTube on Monday terminated channels belonging to high-profile white supremacists Stefan Molyneux, Richard Spencer and David Duke, as major social media sites move more aggressively to tackle hateful content on their platforms following years of criticism.

According to YouTube, a policy change in June 2019 related to supremacist viewpoints has resulted in 25,000 channels being terminated.

It's rather interesting to find that this comes after Trump supporter sub reddit was shut down, and banned from Twitch.

Take it as you will, but it seems the alt - right has been a growing movement without ever holding a rally, or mass demonstration. Does it have any weight behind it? Who knows. I am still leaning towards the useful idiot game here. The unrest is being played by puppets, and the control will come down like a hammer soon. Cutting away the life line of the alt - right the only thing keeping them away from entering the chaotic theater of violent protest is now being put at risk.

www.forbes.com...

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Personally I think you've got it all wrong.

But that's not your fault, since you only see the side of the south that gets highlighted through social and mainstream media.

I've lived in the south most of my life. But I've also lived in New York and Michigan.

Alt right isn't growing in the south. Racism isn't growing in the south. Hell, I'd even say you'd hear more non PC explicitives in New York. Go there and you'll here slurs and co** sucker all the time. But I suppose they're "woke" because it's blue.

I'm an independent and rarely vote for either party. But the south for the most part is as welcoming (if not more) than any other place.

The only reason you see back lash is because people are trying to cram ideology down their throats. Of course you're going to get push back. Let it all happen organically... But they do have a grudge against city folk after the carpet baggers brought austerity and poverty to them.
edit on 1-7-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

ake it as you will, but it seems the alt - right has been a growing movement without ever holding a rally, or mass demonstration. Does it have any weight behind it?

It’s always been here in the background. The only difference is that now the right wing in America has publicly adopted it. I’ve heard their same crap talking points all my life. I grew up in a small town in Kentucky that had a KKK office on the Main Street. Sign in the window and all. And this was in the late 1990’s.

I saw their rallies, heard their speeches, and more times than I can count threw away their leaflets they’d drop all over the neighborhood in peoples yards. It’s crazy thinking back and realizing how many of their talking points back then are currently front and center for the GOP under Donald Trump.

I watched American History X the other night for the first time in a long time. And when it got to the part where Derrick gives the speech to his skinhead buddies before they terrorize the minority owned store, it blew my mind how close it was to what is said in 2020 at a Donald Trump rally. I’m talking almost word for word. It’s like someone plagiarized that speech into a political platform. Or maybe it’s just that in 2020, the mask is off. And people aren’t trying to hide it anymore.

I urge everyone to go watch that scene from American History X and compare it to what is said at a Trump rally and the talking points him and his followers constantly use. It’s eerie. What were Nazi talking points in the 1990’s are public GOP platform now.

edit on 1-7-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

But they do have a grudge against city folk after the carpet baggers brought austerity and poverty to them.

Yeah not so much.

They currently look to one as the savior of their way of life.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I have nothing against the southern states. It's just where it all started that's all, and it's unfortunate.

I even made a thread about one of the first statues being removed, which lead to a big backlash. Further, the point of my post was pointing out that you won't see much violence from 'two sides', because one has contained itself to an anonymous platform to spread hate, and that platform is being ripped away from them. They are being cornered.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Would you please explain to me who this mysterious alt right are. Do they have a manifesto? I ask this to be educated not for an argument. thanks

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

But they do have a grudge against city folk after the carpet baggers brought austerity and poverty to them.

Yeah not so much.

They currently look to one as the savior of their way of life.

Okay.... That's fair, and truly odd.

Though the other option wasn't too different in terms of that context.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

If you know who Richard Spencer is then you'd know who or what the "alt - right" are. He invented it.

It's basically just a re branding of white supremacy movements and what the post reformed - KKK stood for, that's all.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm confused.

Are you for or against those being banned?

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They're hate groups everywhere. I am pointing out one of them, and what's happening to them.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

They're hate groups everywhere. I am pointing out one of them, and what's happening to them.

Again, are you for or against them being banned?

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

If you know who Richard Spencer is then you'd know who or what the "alt - right" are. He invented it.

It's basically just a re branding of white supremacy movements and what the post reformed - KKK stood for, that's all.

So when the left brands conservatives as alt right they are projecting their history of being the party of KKK.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Freedom of speech is important. But I really don't care about those who spread hate and division. You're trying to derail the context of what the thread is about.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It's rather interesting to find that this comes after Trump supporter sub reddit was shut down, and banned from Twitch.

r/The_Donald has been inactive for months.

They used a retroactive rule change to ban the forum entirely. Before the ban, they were placed on restricted status and posting was no longer allowed by the subscribers. Before that, the forum was quarantined.

What exactly does the banning of The_Donald and the censorship of an official Trump account have to do with these three guys?

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

What does the topic have to do with projections of the left on conservatives? Are you denying that an alt - right exists?

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

What exactly does the banning of The_Donald and the censorship of an official Trump account have to do with these three guys?

I addressed this in my OP at the end. Doesn't matter if it's been 'inactive' for what ever amount of time, it was completely dismantled relatively recently and now this. Don't you think it's a little 'convenient'?
Also, these guys are the mouth piece for a radical voice that see Trump as their guy. Not all people who vote for Trump are racist, but there's a good chance all those who are racist did vote for Trump, and they see these alt - right voices as their token men.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I even made a thread about one of the first statues being removed, which lead to a big backlash. Further, the point of my post was pointing out that you won't see much violence from 'two sides', because one has contained itself to an anonymous platform to spread hate, and that platform is being ripped away from them. They are being cornered.

Corner an animal and what happens?

I just strongly disagree with how many are going about their crusade.

For one, I don't think racism and all the other ism's are as much as a problem as many would have us think. The definitions have been changed, and to be frank, they've lost their meaning.

Racists are truly pieces of sh**. But just because someone votes a certain way, or believes in certain policies doesn't mean they're racist.

Discrimination on the other hand is rampant. Treating people differently because of the color of their skin or other factors. Ironically, those on a crusade, IMO, are doing the most discrimination.

Go down to the south and loosely use the N word. See how that works out for you, even among those you'd think are a racist.

All of this crusade, if it does anything, is validates the minority who voice hate by trying to take it away. I say let them have it, I want to know exactly who thinks that way.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Freedom of speech is important. But I really don't care about those who spread hate and division. You're trying to derail the context of what the thread is about.

No.

Does everyone have the right to free expression?

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I’m sorry...”freedom of speech” is FREEDOM of speech and I’m not talking about the “yelling ‘fire’ in a crowded theater” admonition. Hate speech, love speech, neutral speech, preachy speech, et al. Misattributed to Voltaire—but summarizing his beliefs: “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

The Charlottesville situations were the last time Spencer and his merry men provided what they were capable of. And it turned sour, even for his own liking. Since then he sort of toned it down and took to a new platform.

I just hope this won't escalate any further because, if people really knew the internet and where this hate and discrimination has crept it's way through social media and other platforms, it's rather alarming. And now they can't release their 'patiently waiting' game any longer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join