It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Asteroid On The Edge Of The MilkyWay?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It is said that a Giant Asteroid is comming this way. It is on the edge of our milky way. According to Thomas Edwin Castello the interview when he died he pretty much talked about everything he knew about the Dulce Base, The War between the Draconians and the EBE's, The War we are In and The Asteroid.

What was said about the asteroid? Well he said that it was really big, giving off Radio Emissions. From what I understand from his interview he said it was full of the EBE's or what ever you call them and were on this way to EARTH for the war between them and the Draconians.

I did some research to see if this could possibly happend. It kinda startled me when I put some pieces together. It is said our calenders came from the Ancient Egyptions. Now, the crazy thing is that in their calenders the calenders stopped in the year 2012.

Does this mean the end of the world? Does this mean that's when the asteroid will arrive at earth? I mean I'm not saying I know but it makes a little sense. For one on the discovery channel 4 years ago they talked about the Dooms Day Asteroid that was on it's way to Earth. They too even said it was giving off radio emmisions. Now here is the weird part. A year later they had a similair program talking about, scientist DENYED the existence of it and said it was Rumord.

Are we once again being lied to? All I know is I will wait and see. I was told if you wanted to check out stars and asteroids their is a place in Arizona where they have a public Commercial Telescope. It was used by 4 men who wanted to see things out of Area 51 and see how much the base has changed since the 60's. It was aired on TLC not to long ago, it's about 3 years old if not older but a interesting program. I researched about the commercial telescope satelite that is in space, but it said it was no longer opend to the public. Not sure if that happend a while ago and it reopend again or just it no longer exists for the public. Anyways thought it was interesting and would like to hear your thoughts and comments. I believe it, but like my motto is I dont believe it untill I see it, but when someone reports about it and dies less then a week later, that would pretty much make anyone believe it!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Do you have any info on when it may reach earth?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well if it is on the edge of the milky way it has quite a ways to go to reach us. If its going to get here by 2012 maybe the asteroid can create a worm hole or something.

In all seriousness I do thing something is going to happen in or around 2012 just don't know what. I know the galaxy is supposed to line up in a certain way compared to earth that has not happened in many, many, years. We'll see.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yes, unless it can bend the fabric of space and time...i doubt it will be here for millions or billions of years to come.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
An asteroid on the edge of the milky way, even if its headed on a direct collision course for earth, is absolutely meaningless.

The mily way is huge. Its the galaxay. Anything on the edge isn't going to earth any time soon.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
An asteroid larger than a star (so we can detect it with current optics technology) emitting radio waves. How. How is it emitting radio waves, why hasn't SETI turned it's dishes towards this radio wave emitting asteroids?

The only way I know of that an astroid could emit radiowaves would be if it were populated with lifeforms who used radio waves for communication. Stars give them off as radiation. Now, even if this were the case, the signal we would recieve would be thousands of years old. Radio waves travel at the speed of light. To say that we have just detected this asteroid, and it will be here in 6 years, is ludarcus. If we just detected it, we still wouldn't be able to decern a mathmatical trajectory path.

Finally, the Egyptian calander you're talking about, the one that ends with 2012, is actually the Mayan's calander. Wherever you got this information from, they were pulling your leg and getting their facts skewed.

As for this doomsday asteroid, it was inspired by Hollywood's asteroid disaster movie binge. I saw the Discovery channel's special way back when. They didn't pinpoint a single asteroid, as one doesn't exist, but said that it was possible for an asteroid to wipe out humanity. If we knew the asteroid, we'd be taking measures to stop it. The reason these doomsday asteroids are so freaky is that they may not be detected until they hit the atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Whats the deal w/ radio emmisions? Y is that of any importance?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Your right the Mayans calender I couldnt quite remember. But its said the asteroid is comming at high speeds anywhere from speed of light or faster if not around the speed of light speed. As far as the radio emission ya it could be old but its active. Obviously their are lifeforms on the ateroid, according to him. But we will see what goes on, Im looking forward to 2012 it may be the year that will change mankind completly!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Isnt Earth somewhat on the edge of the Milky Way? And what part of the edge is this asteroid at itself? If it indeed is travelling at light speed which is freakin insane for a huge asteroid, how many years would it take for it to reach us if its on the opposite side or somewhere around there of the milky way?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The Galaxy is 130,000 light-years accross and we are 2/3 of this from the core of the galaxy. so if this asteroid were coming this way, and given it was traveling at light speed,which is impossible for anything with mass, it would take 43,000 years(give or take a few hundred) to reach us.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by CGBSpender
The Galaxy is 130,000 light-years accross and we are 2/3 of this from the core of the galaxy. so if this asteroid were coming this way, and given it was traveling at light speed,which is impossible for anything with mass, it would take 43,000 years(give or take a few hundred) to reach us.

OMG!! Aren't you still scared?!

HAHAHA.
Those were my exact thoughts; if i were smart I could have posted something like that. Thanks for letting everyone know this is extremely laughable!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   

My exact thoughts; thanks for posting that this is laughable (if i were smart I could of!)

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Further, even if we take the "high speeds anywhere from speed of light or faster if not around the speed of light speed" claim as true. If the object is traveling at the speed of light, we wouldn't be able to detect the radio emissions until after it had smacked into earth: Radio waves, like other electromagnetic energy, travels at the speed of light. Anything going faster will arrive first.

The moral of the story? The Internet is full of people who are trying to sell you a bunch of bad information.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I also heard about the astroid, though I thought it was a meteor due to arrive in our system around 2012.

I know about Catello's ordeal re underground base security, and I also knew he vanished (went into hiding) after giving several interviews of his security knowledge working the underground facilities, including Dulce with the reptilians.

His last interview in mid nineties he had plans on going into hiding as he knew he was risking his life telling what he knew.
But what I did not know was Thomas Castello was dead. Last I heard he was going back to Peru or somewhere far-far away to hide.
Do you have any further info on the details of Catello's death?

Dallas

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   

What if life has been on the Earth for around 50,000 years. When the EBEs found that there was life here they dispatched this asteroid. So What if it has been travelling for the 43,000 years and is almost here.

I hope those EBEs are getting paid overtime lol

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinCity702
Your right the Mayans calender I couldnt quite remember. But its said the asteroid is comming at high speeds anywhere from speed of light or faster

It would have to be traveling at many many times the speed of light to reach earth from the edge of the galaxy.

Originally posted by Whiskey Jack
we wouldn't be able to detect the radio emissions until after it had smacked into earth: Radio waves, like other electromagnetic energy, travels at the speed of light. Anything going faster will arrive first.

Doh. Good point!

die trying
So What if it has been travelling for the 43,000 years and is almost here

They it'd be almost here, not reported as being on the edge of the galaxy

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It is said that a Giant Asteroid is comming this way. It is on the edge of our milky way.

I'll be sure to leave a message for my great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandchildren....

J/K didn't mean to jest, but it does point out what others have mentioned....

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm just going by costello words. It's not mine I dont have any such equipment to see any meteor/asteroid comming this way LOL. Anyways I just thought it was cool to post up and see what responses we all could get out of this. The only reason why The Dulce base was able to recieve the Radio Emissions was due to their technology. Remember they have Aliens helping them out underground, The Draconians and The EBE's. Their technology is capable of just about anything if it is TRUE. Costello said Level 3 and 4 were the biological testing and also the testing on things such as UFO's etc... I found him interesting, take it all you want I'm just going by INFORMATION my name is Costello, thanks for your thoughts so, some good points. Dalls on the other hand seemed to know more about it then anybody here. Dallas? Was it a meteor or Asteroid? I read Asteroid feel me in buddy.

top topics

join