It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of elephants found dead in Botswana - BBC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: doorhandle
This is really sad news.
I have a theory that it is connected to the Locust Plague.
I didn't know until I searched but Botswana was one of the first south African countries to experience the locusts in February this year-

Botswana is believed to be the first southern African country to register the first case of locust outbreak. It is understood that an emergency government meeting, held recently after the locusts were spotted in Uganda, decided to deploy the military to help with ground-based pesticide spraying, while two planes for aerial spraying will arrive as soon as possible, a statement said.

apanews.net...

So if they have been spraying since February,its likley that many,maybe millions of locusts have died covered in pesticide-some of those would have landed in or near water sources,where elephants drink from.
Rain could further wash the pesticide into the water table,and as elephants drink many gallons of water in one drink,they may be one of the first affected animals to experience pesticide toxicity effects as they are consuming such a large amount.
The neurological problems the elephants are displaying would sadly ft with pesticide poisoning.

If this is whats happening,it could get alot worse as the locusts are increasing which probably means the use of pesticide is also increasing.

It may also effect people,but take longer as they consume less water.
Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

You make a valid point, a believe you have the answer. Let's just see if they report the truth now.

If this happened here in the states, I can be sure that they would have died from the COVID19 after testing positive for antibodies.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
the locusts that is an interesting idea being that the locusts were sprayed.......so far just elephants and this has been going on since may......the other thing is the scavengers that pick and eat the dead elephants are not effected...would the spray affect mammals but not birds??? I know some poisons only effect certain species and not others.

a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moohide
a reply to: BigfootNZ

Anthrax is found in soil, and the spores can live up to 48 years

Correct, there is an island 0.6 miles off the coast of Scotland called Gruinard Island where the British government tested the feasibility of a bioweapon attack using anthrax spores. The island was dangerous for all mammals after experiments with the anthrax bacterium in 1942, until it was decontaminated after 48 years quarantine.

There is a similar island near New York City. It Is only a few miles away from the spot where Lyme Disease mysteriously appeared in the 1970's.

Lyme disease is carried by ticks. By an amazing coincidence, the government was known to be experimenting on ticks on that island in those days.

The dots are so obvious that my preschooler could connect them, but still the government has never admitted that Lyme Disease is an escapee from their biolab.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
With all of the human nightmares in Africa right now, people are worried about animals. - k
edit on 3-7-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
seems like public health crises are the new war of terrorism.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I read a story about acacia trees 'communicating' with each other to to produce high levels on tannin that explained the mysterious deaths of Kudu, i think it was.
It could be that the locusts put the trees under pressure, and the trees respond by killing the elephants.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join