It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King or X?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenmonet
It was a good question.

I didn't know the answer.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

King all the way. Progressives would hate his message of inclusiveness and togetherness.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: Drucifer

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

It would be KingX one hell of a music group.

Agreed. Plus dUg is a vocal conservative.

You sure about that? I’ve been following the band, plus Dug’s side projects since the early 90’s and have not heard a single thing from him regarding politics at all. Alas, stranger things have happened than a gay, black man being a conservative.

I've watched several videos of him (gay??? I had no idea...) where he makes comments about songs he has written for his stuff and his work with Roxanne and their conservative views.

Yep, he came out in the 90’s, much the dismay of their large Christian fan base.

Super nice guy. I met him at the NAMM convention back in 2011 and bought him a couple Long Islands. We were at the Dean NAMM Jam, which had a few different bands playing. I figured he’d go off to some booth or VIP section but when he got through security he walked right over to where my wife and I were standing and stood next to us for a couple hours during the show. Ran into him again the next night at a Hilton next to the convention center and he thanked me for the drinks the night before and we talked gear for a while. I got to see King’s X in a small, 20x15 room with maybe 30 people watching, it was AWESOME!!

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

It would be KingX one hell of a music group.

Agreed. Plus dUg is a vocal conservative.

You sure about that? I’ve been following the band, plus Dug’s side projects since the early 90’s and have not heard a single thing from him regarding politics at all. Alas, stranger things have happened than a gay, black man being a conservative.

I've watched several videos of him (gay??? I had no idea...) where he makes comments about songs he has written for his stuff and his work with Roxanne and their conservative views.

Yep, he came out in the 90’s, much the dismay of their large Christian fan base.

Super nice guy. I met him at the NAMM convention back in 2011 and bought him a couple Long Islands. We were at the Dean NAMM Jam, which had a few different bands playing. I figured he’d go off to some booth or VIP section but when he got through security he walked right over to where my wife and I were standing and stood next to us for a couple hours during the show. Ran into him again the next night at a Hilton next to the convention center and he thanked me for the drinks the night before and we talked gear for a while. I got to see King’s X in a small, 20x15 room with maybe 30 people watching, it was AWESOME!!

I read more about him today. He has been struggling his whole life re: religion and basically gave up on it. I don't blame him, there are some bad messages being preached from the pulpit and that's one reason I don't go to church anymore. I absolutely hate most of the doctrine that religions feel compelled to add. My faith is based on my beliefs, not what some preacher says I should believe. He has also battled serious stretches of depression and that comes out in his music as well.

I thought he was closer to my age (57) but he's actually 70 this year.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join