It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle police retake precinct in CHOP

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I drove by the CHOP zone this morning as it was all going down after i dropped off my partner at work.. There was a very heavy police presence there this morning. I drove all the way around CHOP but police had the whole area blocked off.. They went in fast and hard this morning, but should have done this many weeks ago before this BS ever took off...

Also, doesnt anyone find it ironic that the CHOP/CHAZ idiots were protesting police brutality/excessive force/covering for one another and then their own security force kills a 16 year old and puts a 14 year old in the hospital and now they aren't cooperating/talking. Basically doing what they claim the police are doing, by using excessive force and covering for one another..

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Here what actually happened...

An intelligent Democrat mayor let the city cool off and calm down before using opposing force against protestors.

I instead of marching in rubber bullet guns ablazing day 1, they did the SMART thing, let the protestors have their way and express themselves and continue their demonstration until things cooled down and they could go in and clean it up.

This is the PERFECT way to have handled it. If other cities had let it ride, instead of showing brute force early... there wouldve been alot of destruction.

You forgot to mention the two black men that were murdered at CHAZ. They would be alive today if CHAZ did not exist. Explain that, BLM?
edit on 1-7-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I think the Mayor should be responsible for all costs cleaning this mess up!
a reply to: KawRider9

actually we need the mayor to resign

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

An intelligent Democrat mayor let the city cool off and calm down before using opposing force against protestors.

The mayor let this happen , the mayor is culpable and responsible for the killing of black teenager, after you had repeated calls and warnings from the police chief that this is not a safe area.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Take note that missing from this clown show is Sawant and her support for this disaster of a CHOPshop in her district. Funny how that works.
a reply to: Guyfriday

SHe was just using this as a spring board for her tax Amazon policy

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Just wait until Minneapolis disbands its police department. Things will be very interesting then. Minnesota might just vote red for the first time since 1972.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Oh well, Losers gonna lose.

I know for the people outside of this situation it might not be serious for some.

but we have two people dead from these events.

its not oh well for me.

I am going to need some accoutability from our city leaders.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

If I were the next of kin to those people that were killed during the Chop stupidity, I would sue the mayor personally.
a reply to: queenofswords

yes. there needs to be protest everyday until the mayor resigns.

Your social science experiment cost lives.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Sneaky??

That's why it happened. The mayor dog turned on her, and tried to bite. Oops.

If that hadn't happened the Mayor would still not have done anything--nor the Police Commissioner.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I wonder if Carmen had anything to do with this. You could tell by her interview yesterday she was annnoyed and frustrated with this. I wonder if she had a talk with the mayor. Maybe I am going to act without you. and maybe for politics sake lets get on the same page.???

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Good luck with that.

Not that I don't agree with you, because I do...but accountability in politics isn't a big thing--outside of the occasional Watergate hearings.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The mayor should be impeached. Or recalled or whatever.

A pure jack-ass of a Mayor

A bunch of stupid kids.

The relatives of the victims of those shootings should sue the mayor.
edit on 1-7-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Good luck with that.

Not that I don't agree with you, because I do...but accountability in politics isn't a big thing--outside of the occasional Watergate hearings.
a reply to: seagull

If black lives mattered we would do it.

Black teenager dead, because of you mayor,

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I instead of marching in rubber bullet guns ablazing day 1, they did the SMART thing, let the protestors have their way and express themselves and continue their demonstration until things cooled down and they could go in and clean it up.

This is the PERFECT way to have handled it. If other cities had let it ride, instead of showing brute force early... there wouldve been alot of destruction.

So the police did the correct thing by allowing the children to play?

You seem to be suggesting that the protests are entirely lip service that TPTB allowed.

Are you commending a leadership that allows protests then does nothing to rectify the reasons for the protest?

Whose side are you on?
edit on 1-7-2020 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: Editing is fun

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

What a stupid take... as a person who lives a few blocks away from CHOP/CHAZ, it wasnt handled well at all... So please dont act like the Mayor is doing wonderful things for this city. She is incompetent, just like our Governor.. They dont know how to run anything, not to mention she doesnt even have the police force on her side.. Heck, the police chief is losing her force fast, too... My city allowed an illegal occupation to take place of multiple blocks.. The people who live within the community and have businesses had zero say, and were forced to "deal" with this nonsense, as the mayor called it a "block party" and more a "summer of love" get together... They had multiple people killed within a few short weeks.. countless crimes occurred throughout the area, due to police refusing to go in there (after abandoning the precinct for the area)... Shes handled everything the wrong way.. She should resign.. the left hates her here. The right hates her here... The mayor just needs to go..... People like you would surely change their tune if/when these mobs come around your neighborhood... Heck, the Mayor didnt care until the protests came to her neighborhood. Once that happened, it became serious to her...shes a hack..

Edit - adding in that the police weren't refusing to go into CHOP. CHOP wasnt allowing them in, by throwing items at them, and having armed security on the other side of the wall.
edit on 1-7-2020 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

They had multiple people killed within a few short weeks.. countless crimes occurred throughout the area, due to police refusing to go in there (after abandoning the precinct for the area)...
a reply to: jhn7537

I agree with almost eveyr thing you said. But police refusing to go in there. thats not accurate, I thihnk there were multiple occasions where police tried to go in but had items thrown at them when they tried to go in an investigate the crimes that happened.

SO I think refusing is the wrong word.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
They could have done that the first day

The reality is that the present-day left IS NOT like it was back in the day when you had:

The Black Panthers, the Weathermen Underground, Baader-Meinhof, and a lot of other legitimate violent groups who would have raised hell compared to these leftwingers such as BLM and Antifa.

If you knew anything about the history, you would know the Left-wing has been pacified in the West.

What’s left are very calm groups with no threat to the establishment.

So the Mayor, who should have known better, was just dealing with a bunch of wannabe stupid kids.

And now two young kids are dead.

You can't leave juveniles alone and expect this not to happen. Drug dealers, gangs and FAKE revolutionaries will run amuck

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

True, refuse isnt the right word... they weren't allowed in, and due to armed CHOP members being on the other side of the wall, not to mention items being thrown at the police, they backed away..

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The Black Panthers, the Weathermen Underground, Baader-Meinhof, and a lot of other legitimate violent groups who would have raised hell compared to these leftwingers such as BLM and Antifa.

hmmm...interesting. Sounds like you advocate bomb-making and organized police assassinations.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I condemn the Mayor and mention the violent groups of the past in comparison to these modern-day wannabees so now you stupidly conclude I advocate that?

Did you read anything in that post for you to conclude I advocate for those groups?

NO!

edit on 1-7-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join