It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle police retake precinct in CHOP

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This is the turning point, coupled with the recent EO on vandalism to Monuments and statues, the result have been largely positive.

Rioting and looting is virtually non existant, what we have left are these sporadic groups of "protestors" causing more civil disturbance and some minor damage, denigrating whatever message was left.

All in Democrat cities btw, most likely internal polling was revealing this strategy not working, plus Big Tech is making theit move, so no need to further antagonize themselves, the perception of Democrat run cities burning and decending into lawlessness isn't an obvious viable long term solution and thus the order to "reign them in" has been given.

As America quiets and settle down, closer inspections will ensue, that is the time to be critical, who'll take advantage of that window? Who knows.

What we do know is that people are being fed up the protest, which have all but run their course, with Congress gridlocked and blocking Police reform legislations, all that destruction and loss of property resulting in upwards of a billion is all for naught.

It is these silent angry voices, personally effected by these protest, not their initial messags, but what followed, that will pave way for change in these cities.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Here what actually happened...

An intelligent Democrat mayor let the city cool off and calm down before using opposing force against protestors.

I instead of marching in rubber bullet guns ablazing day 1, they did the SMART thing, let the protestors have their way and express themselves and continue their demonstration until things cooled down and they could go in and clean it up.

This is the PERFECT way to have handled it. If other cities had let it ride, instead of showing brute force early... there wouldve been alot of destruction.

I stopped reading when you said “Intelligent Democrat”
No such thing.....ever.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Shortest live country in modern times.

Oh well, Losers gonna lose.
edit on 1-7-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

An intelligent Democrat mayor let the city cool off and calm down before using opposing force against protestors.

I instead of marching in rubber bullet guns ablazing day 1, they did the SMART thing, let the protestors have their way and express themselves and continue their demonstration until things cooled down and they could go in and clean it up.

This is the PERFECT way to have handled it. If other cities had let it ride, instead of showing brute force early... there wouldve been alot of destruction.

No, what ACTUALLY happened is the protesters showed up at the mayor's house, then after being personally affected by the protests, she ordered the police to clear the zone out.

She didn't give a damn when it wasn't at her doorstep, the second it was, she shut it down.

The more you know...

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

And all it cost was people their lives. Perfect success!

You cant make this kind of stupid up

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Its about time!

Good riddance.
only took 2 dead people and 64 robberies for them to act.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hopefully the CHAZistanis resist
edit on 7 1 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

She's a perfect example of how stupid democrats have become.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

No. More like Trump didn’t take the bait where Trump looked like the bad guy for clearing out the zone. The Democrats held on to that hope. Democrats had to do something because the whole situation was starting to hurt them more politically than helping.

Summer of love my a$$.

Never thought I would use summer of love in the same sentence with my a$$. Huh 🤔

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I would like to add that this move on the mayors part took place the day after this got put back into the news feeds;

Seattle police have identified the remains of two bodies found inside bags earlier this month on a West Seattle beach.

The first shooting happened the same day the bags were discovered, and the second shooting happened when the Tik-Tok video came out about the kids finding the bags. Now this. Seems unrelated, or not, I don't know but what I do know is that it all seems pretty coincidental doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Shortest live country in modern times.

Oh well, Losers gonna lose.

Also, the highest per capita murder rate of all time.

As we used to say when we were kids.

“What a Chop”.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

You know violent crime spiked way up in this area right?

How many women got raped or sexually assaulted so a couple commies didn’t get scary pepper spray in their eye?

Is that trade seriously ok with you morons?

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This is the dumbest crap I have ever heard!

Ever hear of LAW AND ORDER.

Your SWJ approach has failed throughout time and has NEVER worked. It gives these idiots the idea that they can run and control the streets.

The world is laughing its ass off at these democratic mayors and governors.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Reaping what she sewed.

Attorneys representing citizens and business-owners are already coming after Mayor Durken and the city in general.

She should have listened to President Trump early on.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You do know people were killed, right? And you are calling it perfect?

You do know that most large cities DID let it ride and there was still major destruction?

I noticed you did a post four years ago predicting Clinton would win and that you were so excited about it you checked the news everyday. Don't believe the news now. These riots or as you call them protests aren't going to go over well with mainstream voters, even the ones like me who believe in universal health care and income. People are going to vote for the safety of their family above anything else. And no, they won't pick up the phone and tell a stranger that when so many threats have been made against people who will vote right.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Yup. That "cooling off" led up to 2 murders and who knows how much property damage.

But that's what Democrats wanted and they got it 🤣

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

No. More like Trump didn’t take the bait where Trump looked like the bad guy for clearing out the zone. The Democrats held on to that hope. Democrats had to do something because the whole situation was starting to hurt them more politically than helping.

🤔

you're showing more insight than 90% of the media professionals what do this for a living.

outstanding point.

this whole thing was done by democrats, elected by democrat voters, in democrat cities.
I suspect the media establishment will whitewash the whole thing by election time.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Arnie123, I hope you're right about this being a turning point

worrying this will go on all summer.

maybe by fall all these kids will be back in class.
they certainly need to be schooled...
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: clarify

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If I were the next of kin to those people that were killed during the Chop stupidity, I would sue the mayor personally. If it is an unlawful assembly now, it was an unlawful assembly then. She is responsible for letting these stupid ignorant lunatics pull this crap and perpetuate it as long as they did. She should be held liable...period.
edit on 1-7-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join