It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle police retake precinct in CHOP

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
OhOh the police in Seattle are moving in on the CHOP Zone !!

Democrat Mayor declares an unlawful assembly (making it look good after tolerating this forever).😆

Police Chief say enough is enough (UUUUUU bad).😆

Democrats re-assigning blame as they are closet supporters of this nationwide chaos 😆

LINK--> Seattle police retake precinct in CHOP, arrest multiple protesters following Durkan orders

Police Chief Carmen Best said "enough is enough" after fatal shootings in the area

Seattle police have retaken the East Precinct after clearing out the protest area known as the Capitol Hill Organized Protest, or CHOP, making more than a dozen arrests after Mayor Jenny Durkan declared the gathering an unlawful assembly.

Police issued the order to disperse around 5 a.m. local time Wednesday, telling protesters to leave within eight minutes. At least 13 protesters were arrested for failing to clear the area after multiple warnings, police said.

The East Precinct, which police abandoned last month following standoffs and clashes with demonstrators, was cleared of protesters, Police Chief Carmen Best told reporters from inside CHOP. Best said police were not moving into the building yet, but would clear the area of barricades before beginning operations as soon as reasonably possible.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

About damn time!

I think the Mayor should be responsible for all costs cleaning this mess up!

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

About damn time!

He probably has some kind of "Limited Liability" 🤓

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Time to retreat back to their parents basements. Bye bye biatches, you failed spectacularly as expected.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Here what actually happened...

An intelligent Democrat mayor let the city cool off and calm down before using opposing force against protestors.

I instead of marching in rubber bullet guns ablazing day 1, they did the SMART thing, let the protestors have their way and express themselves and continue their demonstration until things cooled down and they could go in and clean it up.

This is the PERFECT way to have handled it. If other cities had let it ride, instead of showing brute force early... there wouldve been alot of destruction.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Take note that missing from this clown show is Sawant and her support for this disaster of a CHOPshop in her district. Funny how that works.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

About damn time!

It’s a she, and she only shut this area down because the protesters showed up at her gated community this week.

These retarded liberal elites will only understand the monster they’ve created when it shows up at their doorstep. Only then will they lift a finger and it’s only to protect their own power and comfort.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

The Mayor is actually asking for Sawant to be investigated. Rhut-Row!

www.foxnews.com...

It sounds like the article suggests that Sawant led the protesters to the Mayor's residence, among other things.
edit on 1-7-2020 by ronjer because: @nd line

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
They have a "list of demands" on Twitter
Seems as if that list may fall short now.

But , 13 arrests ?
Hell , Fulton County arrested 452 .
Put a stop to the mess BEFORE it started.

edit on 7/1/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

An intelligent Democrat mayor let the city cool off and calm down before using opposing force against protestors.

I instead of marching in rubber bullet guns ablazing day 1, they did the SMART thing, let the protestors have their way and express themselves and continue their demonstration until things cooled down and they could go in and clean it up.

This is the PERFECT way to have handled it. If other cities had let it ride, instead of showing brute force early... there wouldve been alot of destruction.

If you think this was the smart way of handling this situation, then you clearly don't understand what was going on. I section of a major US city was declared off limits to city officials, pronounced it's independence from the US, and allowed for a complete lawlessness to happen. For what, for the simple reason of setting up a trial run for other cities. Property was lost, businesses were lost, and most horridly lives were lost all because of a Mayor and City Council member are fighting over power. No thins was not the smart way of handling this.

+6 more 
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

So this perfect response had nothing to do with the optics of them letting it go to crap? I mean waiting for all those shootings was perfect because it gave the people inside chop time to cool down! Its more like they had no choice but to take it back because the situation devolved into a pr nightmare both for the mayor and the protesters.

link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

About damn time!

It’s a she, and she only shut this area down because the protesters showed up at her gated community this week.

These retarded liberal elites will only understand the monster they’ve created when it shows up at their doorstep. Only then will they lift a finger and it’s only to protect their own power and comfort.

Yup.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

It's about freaking time!!!

Why do I have this sneaky suspicion that it only happened now because they took the fight to her home???

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

About damn time!

He?
Mayor Jenny A Durkan

Proof some women can be as stupid as men

link   

originally posted by: ronjer

The Mayor is actually asking for Sawant to be investigated. Rhut-Row!

www.foxnews.com...

many have been asking for this for a while now, but unless the DOJ are involved I doubt anything is going to happen to her and her Trotskyist backers.

link   

Actually letting it rot till it stunk so bad that it couldn't be covered up anymore is what happened. 2 Deaths much liability $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

Ok, let me ask, what flavor Kool-Aid did they give you?

See, they let it go this long, next time it will be longer and more violent...that is what the “intelligent democrat mayor” gave us.

Mark my words.

link   

Like chicago?

They've been cooling off for a long time now.
That must be why the regular shootings are slowing down and decreasing......

Please wake up, if this was really about changing practices to make police encounters safer for people of color, then why haven't they brought their carefully written requests to any legislative bodies?

Screaming, looting, rioting and murdering will never be considered peaceful protest. It also usually ends the same way every damn time.

+18 more 
link   

You know they(Chaz security) killed an unarmed black teenager this weekend and critically injured a 14 year old black child while shooting up a white suv mistaken for a silver suv?

But yeah, sure, the Seattle government was right to let this go on this long so the murders didn’t get peppersprayed, that could have been a real tragedy.

FYI black lives matter still silent on these killings, I guess it’s ok to kill unarmed black teens as long as your a liberal larping as a violent police force.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

For what, for the simple reason of setting up a trial run for other cities.

This ^^^ -- exactly this!!!

I've suspected from the start this was planned and coordinated to see what the state and/or federal response would be in order to prepare for future takeovers.

I suspect it worked in reverse as well, with authorities watching and studying their tactics for future response.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join