It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Council passes $88.1 billion budget with $1 billion in cuts to NYPD

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: mtnshredder

Definitely. The people of New York are getting what they voted for. If they don't like it, they will replace DeBlasio.

I don't think the average liberal really understands what they voted for... they don't connect current conditions with their voting habits.

I live in a uber liberal town. They are constantly complaining about all kinds of things that are a direct result of their voting habits. They simply cannot connect dots.

They will get fed up, pack up and move, and then bring their voting habits with them.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Clearly:

Yeah...Ya'll are doing great.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Prior to this the NYPD's budget had increased by $1 billion under deBlasio. All this did is bring things back to Bloomberg levels. And even then that's not really true.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
LOL good luck with no tourism and police.

It really will become a real life Gotham

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

New York City is dead.

Everybody that was rich is moving out of there. They have been away for awhile now due to covid and have realized they are stupid to live there. Combine this with tons of employers now encouraging work for home, the fact the cops have no incentive to provide a safe environment, and the mayor is supremely incompetent and there is no way it is not going to hell.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
LOL good luck with no tourism and police.
It really will become a real life Gotham

Time to start looking at property in Smallville.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Definitely. The people of New York are getting what they voted for. If they don't like it, they will replace DeBlasio.

I don't think the average liberal really understands what they voted for... they don't connect current conditions with their voting habits.

I live in a uber liberal town. They are constantly complaining about all kinds of things that are a direct result of their voting habits. They simply cannot connect dots.

They will get fed up, pack up and move, and then bring their voting habits with them.

You think?

No sane informed person can support the leftist agenda - it is literally voting to destroy your life and the life of your family.
edit on 1-7-2020 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: Edumakated

You think?

No sane informed person can support the leftist agenda - it is literally voting to destroy your life and the life of your family.

No truer words spoken.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: KaiserSouszay

It happens more often than not and is under reported.

The police are not judge jury and executioner. No one should ever die in police custody.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I am glad I do not live in NY. I suspect that a lot of criminals from areas around NY will be flocking there because they will have a little better odds of not getting caught.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

It happens more often than not and is under reported.

The police are not judge jury and executioner. No one should ever die in police custody.

No it does not happen more often than not.... that would technically mean police brutality would happen in 51% of police interactions

It does happen more than reported... thats bad and it needs to change... I think the first step would be to limit the power of police unions

All that said the occasional occurrence of police misconduct and brutality does not mean we should defund the police... society needs law and order... if anything the police need more funding for better training... better vetting during the hiring process so we get better people in those jobs... and possibly even better pay for the same reason

However just because some police officers are idiots or pyscho's doesn't mean that criminals, looters, or rioters should get a pass...

Dont break the law and cooperate when dealing with police... then the chances of police brutality are extremely slim... pretty simple

Some people decide to break the law and then whine about the response... sometimes the police respond poorly, that needs to change... but let us not just look past the criminal behavior that is commonplace, encouraged, or glorified by a significant amount of people in this country... that change is needed as well

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I Got Tired of Hunting Black and Hispanic People

www.nytimes.com...

I wished it were a few bad apples, but this is structural, this behavior is encouraged in too many precincts , as I've said before it's hard to be that good cop.

When Trying to Help Gets You Fired
www.themarshallproject.org...

A black Buffalo cop stopped another officer’s chokehold. She was fired.
www.cityandstateny.com...

In 2006, Cariol Horne, a black Buffalo police officer, intervened when a white officer, Gregory Kwiatkowski, had a black suspect, David Mack, in a chokehold. Horne jumped on Kwiatkowski’s back to prevent him from harming Mack. In 2008, she was fired from the Buffalo Police Department for her intervention in that case and lost her pension.

Ouch! that's gotta sting. ^^

In a thread I did some yrs back an entire department was made up of KKK cops, resulted in massive prison release of Black and Latino men due to shady arrest and trumped up charges.
See I'm not just looking at individual cases here, but how the departments, handle it.

edit on 2-7-2020 by Spider879 because: Add content.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
I Got Tired of Hunting Black and Hispanic People

www.nytimes.com...

I wished it were a few bad apples, but this is structural, this behavior is encouraged in too many precincts , as I've said before it's hard to be that good cop.

When Trying to Help Gets You Fired
www.themarshallproject.org...

A black Buffalo cop stopped another officer’s chokehold. She was fired.
www.cityandstateny.com...

In 2006, Cariol Horne, a black Buffalo police officer, intervened when a white officer, Gregory Kwiatkowski, had a black suspect, David Mack, in a chokehold. Horne jumped on Kwiatkowski’s back to prevent him from harming Mack. In 2008, she was fired from the Buffalo Police Department for her intervention in that case and lost her pension.

Ouch! that's gotta sting. ^^

In a thread I did some yrs back an entire department was made up of KKK cops, resulted in massive prison release of Black and Latino men due to shady arrest and trumped up charges.
See I'm not just looking at individual cases here, but how the departments, handle it.

Lol... no sting

I read your links... Im not even arguing that there is an amount of systemic racism against people of color in some institutions in this country including some police departments... for sake of argument lets say most.

Depending on which numbers you look at violent crime is 6 to 9 times more prevalent to be committed black on white.... to white on black

So why are people of color targeted more by police... well maybe some cops are just racist garbage.... and maybe some cops realize that more people of color choose a life of criminality and violence... a life of criminality and violence that is glorified and encouraged by many... cops see the violence in some of these neighborhoods and profile people

Now BLM at its most simple form protests against injustice of police brutality against blacks... hey Im all for that. Taking some power away from police unions protecting bad cops... all for that.

Attacking cops, threatening citizens, destroying property, violently resisting arrest... yeah that will help lol

Defunding or abolishing police... wow... watch crime sky rocket.... yes I know about Trenton... that was not abolishing police... it was a restructuring and seems to be helping

But here is the most important part.... the ( I believe) small amount of systemic racism towards people of color in this counrty is not the biggest problem in those communities... more racism is not going to solve other racism... gonna make things even worse...stop choosing violence, crime, and welfare dependency as a way of life... and it is a choice... yes its harder for people of color, but living that lifestyle is a choice...no other changes will help those communities more than that... I worked in Chicago for many years.... many of the minorities hated me...threatened me just because of my skin color(white) it goes both ways

Stop breaking the law and resisting and the chances for police brutality plummet
Stop choosing or allowing the brethren to live a life of crime and I bet targeting goes way down too.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Personally I think that we need to defund the police when it comes to purchasing of military style weapons, mraps and other military surplus. There's studies that show that when police are defunded in that manner police violence goes down. I don't think that civil police officers should have any of that equipment. Police should also never have the power to seize property. This is another one of the ways in which police become more aggressive. Knowing that they can take someones money or property because of drugs.

Dont break the law and cooperate when dealing with police... then the chances of police brutality are extremely slim... pretty simple

I disagree. In many cases the police are sniffing around to create a crime in order to bust people. Like in this video for example. This man was sitting there minding his own business when the police came over to falsely accuse him of being someone else with warrants. Here we have a case of a violation of civil rights by the police for no reason. Something that they do if your skin color isn't white.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join