It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City Council passes $88.1 billion budget with $1 billion in cuts to NYPD

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: MetalThunder

originally posted by: projectvxn
NYPD should quit.

All of them.

You vote for this # you deserve the hell that comes with it.

Good and then we can hire quality cops.

Oh the Humanity ....

Using that line of thought maybe we need to clean out all the Doctors too

The third-leading cause of death in US most doctors don’t want you to know about

A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors. Other reports claim the numbers to be as high as 440,000.

Medical errors are the third-leading cause of death after heart disease and cancer.

Doctors do not intentionally go outta their way to do harm, cops do it all the time, that's the difference...

I think many doctors and medical professionals do.

Many are sadistic mental cases and drug addicts just like some cops 😎

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We have all seen the comments by nurses who say things like "If you are a Trump supporter don't come to my hospital or just might die." on Facebook and Twitter so don't kid yourself that there are not nut job doctors out there.

VET your doctors folks.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I wonder how long before Wall Street/the NYSE picks up and moves to greener pastures.

It moved to Mahwah, New Jersey 10 years ago when the servers were set up there. The trading floor itself is only a 1/4 of what it once was.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Meh, schools have been defunded for years and they still somehow work. Pigs can stand to lose a few chew toys

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Spider879

Yea but you if are talking about hiring quality cops the we have to look back at the progressive tantrum that made it easier to hire cops that were not smart enough to pass the test and then not hire cops that scored to high of a score. That same insanity is being used in our institution of hire learning to pump out the same kind of idiots to be doctors.

Do you think most cops go out of their way to harm someone or do you think maybe the ones who do should not have been hired in the first place?

The thing is good cops cannot last, as it is they, not rotten apples who gets weeded out..it's a structural problem.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

NYPD should quit.

All of them.

No, they should not quit, they should collect their checks and sit and watch. Meaning, don't go out of their way to enforce the law, just chill in their patrol cars and respond VERY SLOWLY to calls, maybe not respond at all and have a coffee.

That's what their doughnuts eating ass is kinda famous for anyways.

Sure, let the animals kill themselves. Liberal cities are great at that, but BLM

Naaw, was gonna give a nasty response to your "Animals " remark but withdraw cuz I'm having a pleasant nite, let's just say keep safe & practice social distancing always. .

edit on 1-7-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Instead of making it about cops being racist then let's talk about those issues right?

There is a whole number of fixable issues that people of all colors could agree upon. Yet the window to fix the real problems with our police has been hijacked yet again by the false pretense of racism.

It's almost like those screaming the loudest don't actually want to address the real issues with our police force.....

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

NYPD should quit.

All of them.

The rumor ( I got it from a friend of an NYPD officer) is that the NYPD will not be found in NYC this weekend.
They have had enough.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Instead of making it about cops being racist then let's talk about those issues right?

There is a whole number of fixable issues that people of all colors could agree upon. Yet the window to fix the real problems with our police has been hijacked yet again by the false pretense of racism.

It's almost like those screaming the loudest don't actually want to address the real issues with our police force.....

Yeah, the Cops union put out major blockages to that, folks been trying for yrs, and no this is no false accusations of racism, it is actually a thing.
‘I Got Tired of Hunting Black and Hispanic People’

Multiple police officers in Brooklyn say they were told by a commander that white and Asian people should be left alone. 

At a police station tucked into an end-of-the-line subway terminal in South Brooklyn, the new commander instructed officers to think of white and Asian people as “soft targets” and urged them to instead go after blacks and Latinos for minor offenses like jumping the turnstile, a half-dozen officers said in sworn statements.
“You are stopping too many Russian and Chinese,” one of the officers, Daniel Perez, recalled the commander telling him earlier this decade.

Another officer, Aaron Diaz, recalled the same commander saying in 2012, “You should write more black and Hispanic people.”

The sworn statements, gathered in the last few months as part of a discrimination lawsuit, deal with a period between 2011 and 2015. But they are now emerging publicly at a time when policing in the subway has become a contentious issue, sparking protests over a crackdown on fare evasion and other low-level offenses.

The commander, Constantin Tsachas, was in charge of more than 100 officers who patrolled a swath of the subway system in Brooklyn, his first major command. Since then, he has been promoted to the second-in-command of policing the subway system throughout Brooklyn. Along the way, more than half a dozen subordinates claim, he gave them explicit directives about whom to arrest based on race.
www.nytimes.com...

edit on 1-7-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

want to see something scary? she has nude selfies out there lmfao

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The NYPD already has a budget larger than many countries' military spending. I think they can stand losing some money.

That said, from what I'm hearing this isn't so much a budget cut as it is a budget shift. For example, a large chunk of this cut is coming from school officers. School officers will still exist, but their pay now comes from the education budget.

So like always the NYPD are just crying about nothing while it's every other department that's actually getting screwed.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Agreed.

Let the city burn. It deserves it.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

a reply to: panoz77

Agreed.

Let the city burn. It deserves it.

Nope my city will survive this we are a tough bunch, we survived 911 , I say cut those corrupt racist mfkrs loose, and start over, we will be better for it.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Why aren't we getting a cost of living increase captain?

The mayor and city council don't like us.

Why aren't our vehicles being maintained captain?

The mayor and city council don't like us.

On and on it will go... So sad.

300 Officers took early retirement yesterday.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I could see a depopulation move that will devastate their tax base as people and companies flee to other states. They have had over 300 officer apply for retirement.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why does the NYPD need an operating budget equal to the defense spending of Ukraine, a country that is currently fighting a civil war?

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

NYPD should quit.

All of them.

No, they should not quit, they should collect their checks and sit and watch. Meaning, don't go out of their way to enforce the law, just chill in their patrol cars and respond VERY SLOWLY to calls, maybe not respond at all and have a coffee.

That's what their doughnuts eating ass is kinda famous for anyways.

Sure, let the animals kill themselves. Liberal cities are great at that, but BLM

Naaw, was gonna give a nasty response to your "Animals " remark but withdraw cuz I'm having a pleasant nite, let's just say keep safe & practice social distancing always. .

Probably smart, I didn't imply race by using the term animals, it is all inclusive of those who want to riot, murder, arson and generally want to have anarchy and chaos. There is no color associated with these types of animals.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I wonder how long before Wall Street/the NYSE picks up and moves to greener pastures.

Without it.

NYC would implode.

It is crazy so many stay there... There is nothing inherent in financial services that really requires you to be in NYC anymore.

A lot of hedge funds / asset managers moved to Florida for lower taxes.

NYC has an energy that can't be replicated anywhere else in the US but at some point, the cost of living and other inconveniences aren't worth it.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: carewemust

Why does the NYPD need an operating budget equal to the defense spending of Ukraine, a country that is currently fighting a civil war?

So there not fighting a civil war in NY! NY is the global hub of the world, hard to compare the two.

I knew it was over for the NYPD when Blasio was allowing thugs to dump 5gl buckets of water over the cops and the cops just slowly walked away doing nothing. Sad#. Giuliani wouldn’t of let this crap happen, not to the level it is now anyways.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Definitely. The people of New York are getting what they voted for. If they don't like it, they will replace DeBlasio.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join