It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming, Who Cares.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
So let me get this straight. You agree that our activities is having an adverse effect on humanity, yet you say Global Warming is nothing to worry about? Seems like one in the same to me.

Yes, I do believe that our activities have a slight (people seem to keep overlooking the key words in what I have to say...
) impact on our climate. The majority of global warming is coming from natural causes.

And I have not said that it is nothing to worry about. Infact, I do believe things need to be done. As I've said, twice before now, global warming is out of mankind's control or influence. We could stop all pollution and global warming would still happen.

What I say should be done, as I have before in this thread, is to quit fighting the inevitable and do more to prepare for when the global temperature is higher. There's nothing we can do to stop it, so we might as well give up on trying to do so and learn to cope with the changes instead.

[edit on 3/15/2005 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I vote we change the name "Global Warming" to "Global Weather Chaos"!!!!

Storm Dumps 3 Feet of Snow on N.M. Town

1 hour, 55 minutes ago

LAS VEGAS, N.M. - A slow-moving storm dumped 2 to 3 feet of snow on parts of northern and eastern New Mexico, closing major highways, schools and some government offices Tuesday.

"I've lived here for all my life, and this is one of the worst as far as how quick it (snow) accumulates," said Steve Lucero, owner of a tow truck service at Las Vegas, where 2 feet of snow had fallen since the storm developed Monday.

The heaviest snowfall was 34 inches at Mineral Hill, a small community about 15 miles west of Las Vegas, said Kerry Jones, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service (news - web sites) in Albuquerque. The Sipapu Resort ski area in northern New Mexico reported 28 inches and the Angel Fire Resort ski area reported 18.

Snow also fell across much of the Texas and Oklahoma panhandles.

Packed snow glazed roads throughout northern and eastern New Mexico.

"Just as quick as they clean them, they get snowpacked again," Lucero said. He said one of his own tow trucks got stuck trying to pull a tractor-trailer rig out of a ditch.

Sections of Interstate 40, New Mexico's primary east-west highway, and Interstate 25, the main north-south artery, were closed east and north of Albuquerque.

Rows of tractor-trailer rigs queued up at Las Vegas, while other motorists scrambled to find hotel rooms. The Red Cross opened a shelter in Las Vegas for travelers who couldn't find a vacancy late Monday.

State offices were closed Tuesday for nonessential employees in areas hit by snow, Mahesh said.

Schools closed because of the snow included the University of New Mexico.

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050315/ap_on_re_us/southwest_storm_1&printer=1

it's the middle of march!!! Isn't Navada a desert???

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It's new mexico not nevada, and actually, there are lots of mountains, especially albuquerque. It's right next to some mountains, in fact. We get lots of snow, not usually this heavy, but then, I think this probably has to do with the same thing that dumped so much water on California.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Sure, humans have done a lot of damage. CFCs are no fun, and are highly detrimental to the atmosphere, but actually, another major contribution to global warming is made by the methane produers.

In addition to all the cool things CKK said in his posts on this thread, if one of the caldara blows, all bets are off. Without any human intervention, we would probably head into a big cool down on earth.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Folks, here is the bottom line. It is not just global warming we have to worry about. We dump piles of crap into the atmosphere, and the land and our water supply. We pollute our bodies with additives and preservatives, and drug companies give us messed up drugs. And some folks think this isn't a problem? Ask the dog that just drank some spilled anti-freeze if pollution isn't a problem.

And if those trees keep getting cut down, it will be hot here. Trees shade the earth and if you stand under a nice big one you will understand how they cool temperatures down.

Who cares? I care, that's my family that has to grow up in this mess. It's my nephews who will grow up here, and any possible kids I may have will grow up here. My friends have to live here as well. Your friends and your families. And if you believe in past lives, then you get the joy of coming back to this garbage dump which is being created here.

Troy

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I care a lot we can't just go round destroying everything with our greed. You may simply say "Who cares" But unfortunately if we do not act soon our planet will be beyond the point of no return, it is people that simply shrug it off that annoy me.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
quest your i can't put this into words

i would quote alot of your typeing but just put it strait

once a rip in the ozone layer occurs the earth will heat up yes but climate change also will make the ice capes melt there for making the water rise there for making most of the land aquatic there for giving us limeted resources there for killing the human species very very slowly

top topics

<< 1   >>

join