It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's New Laws - They now apply to all of you also - I will be sent to a camp if I go haha

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Article 38: The law applies to persons who do NOT have permanent resident status in HK and commit crimes under this law OUTSIDE Hong Kong.

Western leaders and politicians who have ever been critical of Communist China could potentially be arrested when they visit Hong Kong or China and sent to a "re-education camp". I would be certainly be arrested and sent for re-education for the sh*t I have said about China haha.

I believe the CCP are not human, humans have a natural empathy for sentient beings, especially other humans. Many Chinese and definitely the CCP have no such empathy, ergo cannot be considered human only alien.

A good twitter thread outlining the new HK National Security Law.

mobile.twitter.com...

edit on 30-6-2020 by Smarties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
"China is going to eat our lunch? Come on, man...they can't even figure out how to deal with the fact that they have this great division between the China Sea and the mountains in the east, I mean in the west...They can't figure out how they're going to deal with the corruption that exists within the system. I mean, you know, they're not bad folks, folks. But guess what, they're not, they're not competition for us." - Joe Biden.

'nough said.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Lol, They have applied the laws to everyone on the planet. All this has done to me is given me more ammunition to troll them with all over the internet

edit on 30-6-2020 by Smarties because: typo

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Smarties
Presumably this is a law for Chinese citizens, and "persons" has the implied definition "Chinese persons". That's the common-sense understanding. Relax.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
"China is going to eat our lunch? Come on, man...they can't even figure out how to deal with the fact that they have this great division between the China Sea and the mountains in the east, I mean in the west...They can't figure out how they're going to deal with the corruption that exists within the system. I mean, you know, they're not bad folks, folks. But guess what, they're not, they're not competition for us." - Joe Biden.

'nough said.

Ha! I was reading this not knowing biden was the one that said it thinking, This poster is seriously underestimating the chinese.

originally posted by: Smarties
On topic: Arn't there plenty of laws made by every country that are like this?
edit on 30-6-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

No it doesn't, it applys to everyone. Here is the "orginal" Chinese.
第三十八條 不具有香港特別行政區永久性居民身份的人在 香港特別行政區以外針對香港特別行政區實施本法規定的犯罪的, 適用本法。

Here is the translation
Article 38: This Law shall be applicable to persons who do not have permanent resident status in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and commit crimes under this Law against the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

On topic: Arn't there plenty of laws made by every country that are like this?

Not at this level, laws are made by countries regarding killing people and committing war crimes punishable in the Hague yes, but this is stating if you even criticise the #CCP you can get life in prison.
edit on 30-6-2020 by Smarties because: typo

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Mainland China is presumably full of people who don't have permanent residence status in Hong-Kong. Mainland China is "outside" the Hong-Kong territory. An argument which depends on highlighting those phrases is not very convincing. I think the reaction of any Chinese lawyer will probably be that you are stretching the sentence into something it doesn't mean, for the sake of gettting yourself excited.

edit on 30-6-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Mainland China is presumably full of people who don't have permanent residence status in Hong-Kong. Mainland China is "outside" the Hong-Kong territory. An argument which depends on highlighting those phrases is not very convincing. I think the reaction of any Chinese lawyer will probably be that you are stretching the sentence into something it doesn't mean, for the sake of gettting yourself excited.

A chinese lawyer? Lmfao.

He thinks they use lawyers!

Lmfao [slapping knee]

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

That is not what the law states, it states "Anyone" outside of "Hong Kong". That is the law, that applies to everyone who is not "inside" Hong Kong. Therefore it can be used against any of us should they wish to do so.

It is there in black and white.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I can only repeat- a logically possible meaning is not necessarily the intended meaning, and you are obviously straining the statements beyond their intended meaning for the sake of getting yourself excited. Relax.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I hear what your saying, and I agree.
However it seems very dismissive, like your giving the CCP credit for not being authoritarian pyschos.
Seems to me that your assuming......we all know what happens to people that assume things.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It is missing context, what is "this law"?

Where are the rest of the articles?

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

The law is basically about criticising the Chinese Government, it now to be seen as subversion and a terrorist act.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

You can find a rough translation here and the other articles.

Will have to find another link, the translator isn't good
edit on 30-6-2020 by Smarties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

download available here

www.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Smarties

The law is basically about criticising the Chinese Government, it now to be seen as subversion and a terrorist act.

US House Democrats hear and obey China's new law and demands.

Today they voted to give China a free pass on the coronavirus pandemic.

Source: freebeacon.com...

Apparently, they see it as a gift to their party.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Article 65 basically states.

"The power to interpret this Law belongs to the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress."

This means they can interpret the law how they like and how they see fit. In other words, even if you haven't broken the law they can say you have if they decide to interpret it this way.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Laws written by countries that mine doesn't have an extradition treaty with are....not overly concerning, nor relevant.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

So far China has:

Plague of locusts,
Floods,
Plague of disease,

All coming from China, what is next from the book of revelations?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join