It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens are actually demonic spirits merely pretending to be extraterrestrials?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConspiracyMysteries
Christian groups such as Russian Orthodox Church equates aliens with demons

MOSCOW. April 20 2020 (Interfax) - The Russian Orthodox Church has refused to recognize the existence of other civilizations outside Earth.

"If civilizations really existed on other planets, our Holy Scripture, the Bible, would definitely say something about that. If it doesn't say anything about it, we assume that they don't exist," head of the external church relations department of the Moscow Patriarchate Metropolitan Hilarion said on the Rossiya-24 television channel.

This line of thinking makes me shake my head... so because it wasn’t written about thousands of years ago it can’t be true? That’s not having “faith”, it’s ignoring logic.... which the Vatican alludes to:

The Vatican's Take on Aliens?
FATHER JOSE GABRIEL FUNES, CHIEF VATICAN ASTRONOMER, In a universe so big, huge I would say, as the one where we live with 100 billion of galaxies, each galaxy with a hundred billion stars probably with many of these stars having planets, it could be possible that life could evolve as they way we know on earth." Father Funes says he is not sure if other forms of life would be more or less intelligent than humans, but he is convinced that the existence of Aliens is not a contradiction with the Catholic faith.There has been no word from top vatican officials about Funes' comments, but some people on the street find them odd

Is it a common held belief amoungs christians that UFOS, Aliens etc are the work of demons and devils?

I think this is much more accurate. Law of large numbers and probabilities...

Then again, when you think about the math that is laid out above and the sheer scale of how many potentially habitable planets there are it becomes lunacy IMO to say we’re entirely alone.

Something else to remember... lots of understanding of how many habitable planets there are has come in the past 50 or so years - and we keep finding more. So I think of it like this:

- when we knew of no other habitable or potentially habitable planets, assuming there is no other life in the universe makes sense - nowhere to live.

- when we found out there are actually quite a few potentially habitable planets, the narrative changed to “other life is possible but probably not intelligent life”...

- now we’ve found lots of potentially habitable planets and have a better, but still highly rudimentary, understanding of our galaxy and universe. What we know now is more along the lines of what the Vatican is saying - billions multiplied by billions meads a real high probability there’s life out there.

So if a person is stuck in the “there aren’t any more habitable planets (or extremely few) mode - or if they have a religious because like the Russian stance above, they’re arguing with math that’s based on observable understanding.

But we probably won’t find out - if I were an alien and stopped by to see the current state of affairs I’d say “meh - maybe I’ll check back later on... humans don’t seem like the friendliest bunch”.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
They say you have to SELL YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL to become famous.....

You're so hypnotizing
Could you be the devil?
Could you be an angel?
Your touch, magnetizing
Feels like I am floating
Leaves my body glowing

You're from a whole 'nother world
A different dimension
You open my eyes
And I'm ready to go, lead me into the light

Katy Perry and Kanyes E.T Extraterrestrials

giphy of the light???

Hmmm...
"fun" thought
edit on 4-7-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConspiracyMysteries
Alien Intrusion: Unmasking a Deception
The popular view is that these are advanced aliens visiting us from far away, but this compelling new documentary takes a deeper look at the events, the beliefs, the experts and the people who have shaped our views in the otherworldly. When one examines this phenomenon, one of the most disturbing but powerful affirmations of the spiritual realm, Christianity and the Bible becomes clearer. This documentary seeks to solve one of the most haunting and persistent mysteries of our time by addressing UFO sightings in every country, things seen on radar, what happened at Roswell, alien abductions, government cover-ups, and even a new religion.

I dont 100% agree with statements and views expressed in this flim but its an interesting take. Witness reports that "believe it is connected to the spiritual worlds" are the backbone of the second half. The claim that these were "demonic entities" is mostly supported by witnesses who allegedly scared the fake aliens off by mentioning the name Jesus and pastors that quote the Bible. I would have assumed to include some references to the "trickster phenomene" but it was not addressed. Probably because it did not fit to the "Christian spin" the producers tried so hard to communicate. They also conveniently left out the fact, that Pope Francis has no problems with aliens and their existence.

Overall and interesting premise that brought little for me to the table in 100 minutes runtime. Target audience seems to be Christians that only vaguely heard about UFOs and promotion to get them closer to the flock.

then you have other Christian groups such as Russian Orthodox Church equates aliens with demons

MOSCOW. April 20 2020 (Interfax) - The Russian Orthodox Church has refused to recognize the existence of other civilizations outside Earth.

"If civilizations really existed on other planets, our Holy Scripture, the Bible, would definitely say something about that. If it doesn't say anything about it, we assume that they don't exist," head of the external church relations department of the Moscow Patriarchate Metropolitan Hilarion said on the Rossiya-24 television channel.

The Vatican's Take on Aliens?
FATHER JOSE GABRIEL FUNES, CHIEF VATICAN ASTRONOMER, In a universe so big, huge I would say, as the one where we live with 100 billion of galaxies, each galaxy with a hundred billion stars probably with many of these stars having planets, it could be possible that life could evolve as they way we know on earth." Father Funes says he is not sure if other forms of life would be more or less intelligent than humans, but he is convinced that the existence of Aliens is not a contradiction with the Catholic faith.There has been no word from top vatican officials about Funes' comments, but some people on the street find them odd

Is it a common held belief amoungs christians that UFOS, Aliens etc are the work of demons and devils?

It's becoming more common because the myth is spreading. The formula has always been to spread fear in order to gain more believers. More believers = more money. It's still a scam as religion has always been.

Think about this simple, logical fallacy presented by the "aliens = demons" claim: If demons can shape-shift into anything they choose, why not choose to look beautiful, alluring instead of a slimy and often repulsive grey? Are they that stupid? ETs also appear as mantis beings, strange and short beings wearing hooded robes, reptilians that are equally repulsive to look at...and on and on. Yes, there are sometimes Nordic-looking ETs but they aren't what most people think of when they think of aliens. And, they're usually very quiet when abducting or contacting people -- they don't talk (telepathically) and if they do, they don't say much. If that's a demon trying to "trick" us and pull us away from that non-existent god, they're doing a poor job. After all these years of abductions, I don't know of many abductees that worship them or really want their contacts to continue even if they feel positive about them. Logically, the "deception" of the ETs should be more effective than what they've achieved thus far because at this point, they've failed.

ETs lie to us. But that doesn't mean they're demons. That is a ridiculous conclusion to draw from their dishonesty. If lying equates to being a demon, then humanity has an enormous number of demons to deal with. Besides that, they're likely interdimensional, not interplanetary. But that doesn't mean they're of demonic origin. That, too, is an utterly ridiculous conclusion to draw. Neither is the sometimes frightening nature of the abductions proof of demonic activity. Another poorly drawn conclusion.

Now, I think I'll rewatch Close Encounters of the Third Kind...
edit on 5-7-2020 by Visiting ESB because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2020 by Visiting ESB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
maybe demons, angels and gods etc. are actually Aliens?

And they stopped showing up when we started getting too clever for their "magic" tricks?

I've said it elsewhere on this site, but remember people used to think lightening was 'angry god magic' and Volcanos were gods hungry for a virgin to snack on.

We know better now..... or should.

Magic and the 'supernatural' is just science we've yet to explain properly. Even if a 'God' did decide to show up tomorrow, they'd still be obeying some kind of scientific laws I reckon.

Actually anything 'not of this earth' or strange or unfamiliar to us IS literally an alien, even 'demons'

Sadly we may never know, while we've manage to send machines out of the solar systems and make electric lights, it seems gods and demons have forgotten how to make public appearances and speak for themselves.
But maybe that's just a coincidence?

Then again maybe everything is magic and what we call science is just magic with the mystery removed?

Oh well one day we'll either die and find out, or we'll die and won't.

But yeah, as most supernatural stuff can be easily explained away when you have the whole picture my money is on Beezlebub not sitting on my shoulder.

Although if demons need vehicles to travel as we do (e.g dem flyin' saucers), it should be proof they are tied to physical existence as we are. That's reassuring to know. Means a bullet can stop a crappy demon as well as any human.

Maybe that's why they all stopped showing up. Once we got swords and #, they realized we were now more of a threat to them than they us.

Aliens or Demons. Any sentient being who wants to visit this planet and our awful species when they have an entire Universe to explore would have to be insane.

Look what we do to each other. You think we'd be kinder to something 'alien'?

Guess it all depends on ones perception at the end of the day.
edit on 5-7-2020 by AtomicKangaroo because: I'll make a post without a typo one day.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It’s not a logical fallacy assuming the motivations of other beings. That gets us into enough trouble with ourselves. Just because it doesn’t make sense to you doesn’t mean there isn’t a reason.

a reply to: Visiting ESB

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   
i am truly disappointed and despise the fact to have been born into this era and not a couple of centuries ahead. this age is not much different than the middle ages in which the church would discuss whether the angels were male or female. this is one of the many moments in my life where i genuinely feel depressed right now.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

The bible talks about stoning witches and being a nice slave.

How did they see the future and the freedoms of future citizens but not write that in th e bible.

F$ck the bible. It's ancient nonsense that supports slavery and oppression. WE can do better.

No, F the KJV and lazy X-ian.I
Bet uthink it ondemns homosexuality too. Funny thing is the most hillarious part of the King James Bible is his very arrogant conviction he speaks Greek. I find his funniest goof to be the gay thing. The Bible, oddly enough, is so gushingly positive about gays. Jimmy boy ended up sowing a very tragic situation considering what the 99/100 kind of Christian, priest and church believe...they're so fickle about scripture and they haven't a clue his bastardized king james "Bible" is not the Bible at all. The actual word is impossible without speaking Greek and yet 99.1 percent of Bible's in any language are the kjv or translated from it instead of the original text.

So his one mistake was sent out in thousands of languages and everyone compares and thinks it's definitive when it's just one mistake copied. I happen to be a linguist by profession and hobby so it all ended up working out really well when I, an atheist a few years back, grabbed the biblical authentic texts not knowing the difference but not worried since we speak Greek at home. Within days I saw that right there in front of me I was reading things that again I won't try to identify here because each one is so deep and impossible and mind blowing that each needs its own place for discussion. But there is no possibility that humans wrote the word. Doesn't mean God did, but it was something divinely inspired, given to us by another species, or involved some AI tech or time travel which sounds weird but I promise I could convince you in five min face to face.

And it doesn't matter that the man lie with man thing came from James coming across a word that in Greek, but in English (if that makes sense) said "softman." The hilarity comes from the fact that James didn't know the word but reasoned oh soft man, a sissy queer homosexual of course. But just like a scapegoat in English is NOT a goat that enjoys wearing super man's cape (s-cape goat get it? Eh? Eh? ....::crickets chirping:
and has nothing to do with goats or s capes, softman has nothing to do with soft.

Words from antiquity are rated in three categories depending on if we have lots of examples surviving on scrolls some examples or barely any surviving examples. Softman is a very precise and minute term but fyi it is rated in the "barely any surviving examples"category but k think non-linguists havent a clue just how many scrolls even with Alexandria burning which survive to this day. You know how many scrolls we still have containing this rare itty bitty specific term? 14,003. So think of how many scrolls we have from the BCs if the almost no surviving examples category includes the nber 14,003 examples. Thankfully, of those 14,003 of the uses refer to the same thing, or in other words there's no question about the meaning of softman. Well, we actually don't really know it's exact meaning but it is certain a softman, like a bestial virgin in Rome or delphic priestess in Greece, was a man of a different flavor of ancient semitic religion and this religion had temples where you could go have magic performed. Sex magic. The softman and the _____ (dunno the term for the female) were the two people who performed this service and their religion seems to make it against the rules for them to screw someone other thnan the priest/was ....no sex outside sex magic at work. And the Bible says simply don't sleep with softmen in your wife's bed (funny James leaving out that part too....cuz even if it were gays...which is isn't without question...but it would only say don't buttcuff in your wife's or the marital bed. Not, as the living word that the government uses and gives to the military, "don't practice homosexuality it's an abomination." When I mock the kjv understand that do not have sex with the local man who performs semitic sex magic becoming practicing gayness is an abomination is so so so so sick wrong and just hopeless feeling when you consider that this occurs with every line you pick out. It's all a joke 99.1 percent at least of the world's Bible's. Imagine having to be associated with the followers of that mess. No Christian has really ever heard the word and that is sad and it's really unacceptable but it is exactly exactly what Christ said would occur. Remember Jesus loves God and hates religion. And he hates the church and by our exact generation is supposed to be so backwards he calls it a harlot. Slavery, oppression...sigh...James is a saint and look what he achieved with his filth he wrote with John dee, demonologist.

As I said tho none of that matters at all it just doesn't matter for ish. Think about it it is all u gotta do for your answer. I'll take gays again. Don't have any gay friends but an immediate family member is a priest whose first job was taking over a gay and lesbian congregation and I spent a lot of time there so it will always have a special significance for me. But use your brain...Christ said that more than anyone he loves, he adored the lepers, the drunks, the addicts, the whores, the outlawed, the shunned, those who suffer, the hated, the spit on the absolute worthless members of society in everyone else's eyes. But gay people? F@#$ THAT! Christ says, right? Addicts and lepers and whores yes, fine. No problem. But homos? Yeck! I mean, your self righteous run of the mill never read the Bible just a gag of a Bible some theist luciferian wrote actually believes that must be the case. They read the words there in the book which I showedu don't have even the littlest surviving meaning from what God inspired someone to write. And words written by a theist luciferian who started the practice of masonry himself and wrote a fake Bible with a demonologist in their eyes trumps simply thinking rationally and deciding if something seems right or fishy. Oh and they ignore the whole part where God can't stop saying how wonderful he thinks it is that David found a man he loved like most men love a woman and that God was overjoyed that they showed affection kissed and slept in the same bed. They ignore the very well translated ironically..."for David was a man after gods own heart!" Also hilarious since the expression to this day hasn't changed and it all means David was Queen David. And God thought it was awesome. They say get your mind out of the gutter. It means he loved him like a brother. Kissed him like a brother. Slept with him like u sleep with your brother. It has to, see English words! See what I am saying?

The one problem Christianity has is that no Christian knows what it is. I hate getting wrapped up trying to tell people this or inject my expertise in the philological aspects of it, IMHO though the best source of absolute proof that they're all wrong...because this has to happen. It's prophesy fulfilled. Just like I hate globalism/The NWO, I try to ignore it cuz it has to come to pass. Should be celebrating because the dystopian world takeover means just minutes till Christ resets this mess and I can retire with him to the place we are from and we can shed this avatar of the imprisoning restricting senses.
edit on 7/6/2020 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ConspiracyMysteries

Aliens are actually demonic spirits merely pretending to be extraterrestrials?

Demonic spirits are actually aliens... It is said that during the Skinwalker ranch investigation a scientist got possessed by the entity residing there. The scientist warned the persons present when that occured and then left the body of the scientist. The scientist could not remember anything of what was happening with him at that horrific moment. If the Catholic church would have been present at that moment we all can guess what their thoughts would be about that strange event.

edit on 6/7/2020 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Gotta disagree with you. The bible talks about stoning witches and being a nice slave.

stoning witches was for ancient Israel. New Covenant. no more witch burning. not for hundreds of years.
slavery was a universal institution in the ancient world. sure the Bible says be a good slave. it also says be a kind master. and encourages slaves to get their freedom if possible. and says don't let your servitude humiliate you, its only temporary.

How did they see the future and the freedoms of future citizens but not write that in the bible.

huh?

F$ck the bible. It's ancient nonsense that supports slavery and oppression. WE can do better.

ah, the lie that has been repeated since Eden. God's Word? Man can do it BETTER!!! abandoning the Bible and its values led to the holocaust, the killing fields, Ukraine starvation, the Great Leap Forward and its millions of deaths...
whilst the Bible still offers truth and comfort around the world to whomever will accept.

back on topic--John Keel drew a similar conclusion in Mothman Prophecies. he concluded that the science behind interstellar travel didn't compute, and the lack of evidence suggested a non-physical explanation for all the sightings (and lack of good pictures and hard evidence). he suggests interdimensional 'nonhumans'; he might as well have said demons.

in my readings (way back in the early 70s I ran into a copy of 'Flying Saucers: Serious Business') I am struck by the irrational behavior of the entities, the lack of physical evidence, and the fear they bring about. makes more sense that demonic entities are tormenting us, than to think some extraterrestrials are, what, studying us?
some folks have been waiting for decades for *them* to land and reveal themselves. aren't we a little suspicious that they haven't?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join