It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia announces spending shift

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'm not a fan of skomo, but his handling of covid has been very good, and now this. He just went up a notch or 2 in my book.

It's an important move beefing up our military, now if he can secure us some fuel supplies he might even get a thumbs up.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Zaphod58

I'm not a fan of skomo, but his handling of covid has been very good, and now this. He just went up a notch or 2 in my book.

It's an important move beefing up our military, now if he can secure us some fuel supplies he might even get a thumbs up.

He’s alright. Shame he got sprung playing truant in Hawaii while the joint lit up earlier and we barely got touched by the plandemic, so she’ll be right.
At least he’s not embarrassing himself with the un like bloody ruddy lol.
Fricken sideshow.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   
We have already signed up for Global Hawk to support the P-8s (I think) so that would need additional money.

Loyal Wingman would be years away but surely money invested in that development, LRASM stands to reason, whilst an invasion wouldn't be sustainable (I agree with the 1% for idiocy) it could only be done by sea, the only real counter to it is subs and long range missiles.

I wonder if they will consider a further buy of F-35's.

Also, attack helicopters, if the only way to some is by sea they will come through the islands, attack helos off the LHD would be a good weapon once the F-35 had been through them.

Just got to be careful as we are trying to spend out of a recession, what kind of offset will we try and get or onshore manufacturing capability.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I’d give the top third to the black fellers.
Hand it over, anyone arriving illegally does a year under aboriginal law in the top end.
Anyone invading is rooted.
That’s top end. Move Canberra to Hobart.
Currently a tanker skin full of troops offloading at Botany Bay could have boots in Canberra within four hours.
Provided you can make it past Holsworthy.
So move the Pollies to Hobart. Then their out of the way.
Now there’s nothing but beaches and sunshine.
What are they gunna do? Steal my sunshine? Lol
a reply to: Forensick

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join