It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon says No Corroborating Evidence on the most recent Democrat Fake Russian Fable

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: face23785

That's a false dichotomy. Those aren't the only options here. The most likely explanation, which is what's been indicated by DoD, is that these reports are unconfirmed so no action has been taken yet. It was still being investigated, and the leak to the media is not helping.

No, the leak to the media is definitely not helping

Note, too: The leak didn’t come from the White House. That normally closed-mouth U.S. defense and intelligence folks would discuss this with these reporters who cover these areas seems a direct reflection of the growing rift between the Pentagon and Trump over national security policy-making. According to The Times, military officials offered a range of anti-Russia alternatives in March, and Trump has sat on them.

So, Esper is saying this? Do you think everybody is on the same page over there at the DOD? That would be the story then- wouldn't it?

I honestly haven't a clue, only suspicions. I'm going to find out about the same time you do I suppose

This should make everyone feel a little better:
Pompeo tells Taliban 'not to attack Americans'

Considering the Times consistently gets things wrong regarding Trump, I wouldn't put too much stock in what they said.

I didn't think the leak came from the White House. My money would be on some disgruntled analyst from one of the intel agencies. I've read a few books by intel analysts. They get really butthurt when their briefing they worked so hard on doesn't get taken as earth-shattering seriously as they think it should. They get even more butthurt when their underhanded recommendations (which isn't even their job, they're there to present information, not recommend action) isn't followed. As heavily politicized as we know the intelligence agencies have become in recent times, that seems the likely source of the leak to me. Some analyst that didn't like Trump to begin with and thought he had iron-clad evidence of Russia doing this got a dose of cold water because other intelligence contradicts him. When this didn't become some huge national issue, he/she took it as evidence Trump is in bed with Putin and freaked out and leaked this to the press. The reality may be as simple as it's not prudent to raise tensions with a strategic foe like Russia over unconfirmed reports.

That's all speculation of course, but it's a lot more likely than anything the Times has come up with.

And no, I don't think everyone at DoD is on the same page. DoD is a gigantic, sprawling entity with lots of conflicting agendas.
edit on 30 6 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Snopes? Check again and read all info, not debunked, just corrected. He said the things he said. Can't change the words coming from his mouth, no matter how hard his administration tries. Reality is perception, unfortunately your reality has been skewed by a con man. I'm sorry for that. But not my problem, and not my fault. DOD will say anything to not be seen as unloyal and get fired. Lil' Kim-in-chief has seen to that. Sounds like your pretty loyal too! Good thing, he's going to need all the loyalists he can get. Gotta throw SOMEONE under the bus lol.

Please, keep supporting ya boy, loud and clear, all the way to the heavens! Believe everything he says, he is trustworthy, just ask him!

Biggest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothar

Snopes? Check again and read all info, not debunked, just corrected.

From snopes:

What's False Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

No matter how many times you deliberately tell lies, they will not become the truth. He did not call the virus a hoax. The quote was taken out of context, and you know that. Even Washington Post said that, and they might be even more biased than NYTimes.

I've got news for you, people aren't as dumb as you think. Continuing to try to spread lies is not gonna help your cause. That's what got me and lots of people like me to vote for him in 2016.

Keep lying though, I guess. That's all you have to go on. Reality definitely isn't on your side. Now stop derailing the thread with debunked talking points.
edit on 30 6 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

That Trump Koolaid must be some strong stuff! Thanks for calling me a liar, funniest thing I've heard all day, and from an evertrumper! See? You guys aren't all dumb! How many times has our prez had to walk back a statement, been "mis quoted" ,had stuff "taken out of context", had quotes later labeled as "jokes" where no one laughed and everyone in the room thought he was serious, forgotten to turn up the volume of a vid he retweeted where evertrumpers are yelling "white power".

Evertrumpers tend to descend into name calling and try to antagonize, usually the only defense left available when someone says something hurtful or mean about the president, or when presented with facts that don't match up to what The president said. The Democrats new hoax. Was that an appropriate remark then ya think? Did he think the Democrats made it up? Then if he believed that someone made it up as a hoax, then he very dumbly said he agreed that they made up as a hoax, therefore agreeing that it was a hoax? 3 weeks of calling it the flu. Good little Trumper.....
I think I will just sit back now and enjoy the show. Heck, now even his peeps are turning against him, rats deserting a sinking ship. Lincoln Project says they have a majority of more moderate Republicans and a few conservative ones helping dump the Trump. They will turn on him, one by one. But Hey! Don't take my word for it! Just ask the 7 billion people who don't live in this country! You know, they have news in other countries as well...

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothar

I think I will just sit back now and enjoy the show. Heck, now even his peeps are turning against him, rats deserting a sinking ship. Lincoln Project says they have a majority of more moderate Republicans and a few conservative ones helping dump the Trump. They will turn on him, one by one. But Hey! Don't take my word for it! Just ask the 7 billion people who don't live in this country! You know, they have news in other countries as well...

Um, I don't think the 7 billion folks get to vote in our election.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
So fake fake fake news...

Count on our press briefings for the abject truth from your dear officials

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It is all over the news that Trump ignored the rumor that Russia was paying the taliban to kill American soldiers, even Biden is saying that.....I thought that Trump was focusing on the Coronavirus in February, was he supposed to stop that and go focus on a rumor that the Pentagon said there was no evidence of it being real? I suppose the Democrats would have started a war because of it being that we had a bunch of sick sailors on the Air Craft carriers.

The left has lost all common sense, they are so engorged in twisting and deceiving everything that they believe people will believe every lie they tell.

Number one thing, you never trust a politician, it has been the rule of thumb since I was a kid.

edit on 30-6-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Didn’t you see and hear trump’s mouth piece announced that trump has ‘now’ been briefed...

Why do you think the thread got derailed... goal posts have been moved.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz
Huzzah
Perhaps now he will bring home all the troops.
ALL of them.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yes he will!

And Mexico will pay for the wall and healthcare for all Americans and we’re bringing back manufacturing and the coal industry!!😂😂😅

Our country is on the way to greatness, I guess it needs to collapse first and foremost

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothar

I like how nowhere in that sprawling mess did you address anything I said about the subject matter because you know you got caught uninformed.

Maybe keep up with current events next time before you go jumping into a thread you're not up to speed on.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

And Mexico will pay for the wall

Another one whose knowledge is still 4 years old. He said even before he got elected this would most likely come in the form of renegotiated trade deals to fix our trade imbalance, which was done. No one except idiots leftists thought he meant Mexico was going to cut us a check for the wall.

and we’re bringing back manufacturing and the coal industry!!😂😂😅

The coal industry has lost a whopping 100 jobs a year since Trump became President. Coal is going away, that's just a fact. But the rate of job loss has significantly decreased under Trump. I'm sure you'd rather more people lost their jobs, but I wouldn't.

Our country is on the way to greatness, I guess it needs to collapse first and foremost

The country isn't collapsing, that's your own wishful thinking overriding your judgement. Think with your brain, not your heart.

It's #ed up that your heart wants the country to suffer so you can exploit that for political purposes.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothar

Lol he said "this is their new hoax" during a rally in South Carolina on Feb 28th when referencing the Democrats. Just watched several clips. Check it out!

I'm pretty sure by "new hoax" he was referring to the claims that he colluded with the Russians to be the "old hoax."

We were saturated for months with some people in Washington and some of the media telling us over and over that there was so much clear evidence of President Trump colluding with the Russians that it was so obvious he was guilty -- until the Mueller report indicated that there was NO good evidence that the president or people under him coordinated or colluded with the Russians to influence the elections.

Even I (not a Trump supporter) can see it was easy for Trump to say that the people who pushed the rhetoric that evidence of collusion was "clear and obvious" were pushing falsehoods. I don't like Trump, but I see no good evidence that he worked with the Russians to influence the elections.

That's not to say the Russians didn't try to influence the elections -- just that Trump likely didn't conspire with them to do so, as some claim he did. I'm sure the Russians did try to influence them, just like the U.S. almost certainly does covert things in order to influence other countries' elections.

edit on 2020/7/1 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

Yes he will!

And Mexico will pay for the wall and healthcare for all Americans and we’re bringing back manufacturing and the coal industry!!😂😂😅

Bringing the troops home would ensure a biden loss.
Would it not?

Or is the left now for the forever war?

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

That goes without saying.

Irregardless of the truth of it, or lack of same...someone, or someones, are not real happy right now.

I can't help but notice that China is conspicuous by its absence from the "news" lately--yet Russia is a fairly constant presence in the news...

Hmmm.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
🤣🤣Looks like the most recent fake fable form Democrats Inc is unraveling as we see no evidence exists for the wild Campaign claim that all Democrats are swarming to.

Aside from no evidence and the MSM total sensationalism, it appears somebody has dug-up a 10 year old article that has so many similarities, one would think the new story is mirrored from the old story !!

No surprise as the only way Democrats can campaign is on lies and total deception.

And it seems the Trump Campaign is going along with some of it to keep adversaries in a comfort zone until the truth gets proven as usual.

(article from 2010) - Iran is paying Taliban fighters $1,000 for each U.S. soldier they kill in Afghanistan

Pentagon: ‘No Corroborating Evidence’ Russians Offered Bounties for U.S. Troops in Afghanistan

The Pentagon said in a statement late Tuesday evening that it had no corroborating evidence that Russian operatives offered bounties to the Taliban for American soldiers stationed in Afghanistan.

“The Department of Defense continues to evaluate intelligence that Russian GRU operatives were engaged in malign activity against United States and coalition forces in Afghanistan. To date, DOD has no corroborating evidence to validate the recent allegations found in open-source reports,” said Chief Pentagon Spokesman Jonathan Hoffman.

“Regardless, we always take the safety and security of our forces in Afghanistan – and around the world – most seriously and therefore continuously adopt measures to prevent harm from potential threats,” Hoffman added.

How do you still have ANY relevance on here?

Why can't ATS see that you side with putin over your own intelligence services, allied intelligence services, and almost all global media except blatant propaganda like oann?

You're anti America and pro Russia. All your emojis show you're likely either a foreign asset, or a teenager.

When did ATS embrace a Russian Intel officer over Americans?

Trump's history shows very clearly that he has heavy financial interests in Russia. His div son Eric even stated this.

Yet you believe them.

You're a traitor to your country. Assuming you're even American rather than Russian.

What a joke.

Save all the usual replies - I'll not be checking back, I just hope people start to question their alignment.

To reiterate: you believe Putin over your own intelligence services.

Let that sink in.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

And Mexico will pay for the wall

Another one whose knowledge is still 4 years old. He said even before he got elected this would most likely come in the form of renegotiated trade deals to fix our trade imbalance, which was done. No one except idiots leftists thought he meant Mexico was going to cut us a check for the wall.

and we’re bringing back manufacturing and the coal industry!!😂😂😅

The coal industry has lost a whopping 100 jobs a year since Trump became President. Coal is going away, that's just a fact. But the rate of job loss has significantly decreased under Trump. I'm sure you'd rather more people lost their jobs, but I wouldn't.

The country isn't collapsing, that's your own wishful thinking overriding your judgement. Think with your brain, not your heart.

It's #ed up that your heart wants the country to suffer so you can exploit that for political purposes.

Oh look, cognitive dissonance!

200 miles, the majority of which was replacing existing fences (not wall - fence). Google how big the border is.

As for the Mexico thing, nobody but idiot leftists thought meant Mexico would pay directly?

Dude, grow a spine. It's EXACTLY what he said and what you all believed.

Then he rebadged NAFTA and Mexico continued to laugh at his idiocy.

Seriously if you think he's a good leader, all it does is reflect badly on you. The moron watches TV all day. He's a joke and has made your country a global laughing stock. If you cared about America you'd see that.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
Believe it or not I haven't looked at the news today... god knows you cant look away for two hours anymore before everything changes. So, if something exciting has happened I'm clueless

I just am hanging out here listening to the music thread and occasionally reading people smart off to each other

Yes, China

If the bounty part of it is for real, not so fun. Otherwise, the possibilities are endless and entertaining. I'll bet there's been some yelling at the White House - boy howdy. The new newsgirl was probably crying

I don't know why but this feels different. It feels like Trump was blindsided

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

🤣 confirmation the Democrat arguments and stunts and lies continue to fall apart as fast as they surface 🤣

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
I thought I heard something...
Did someone fart?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join