It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Party Targets Mt. Rushmore As Racist Symbol of White Supremacy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Krakatoa

Do you know what you do ? You honour all the broken treaties that where made with The Native Indians.

That would be a good start, and show willingness to heal open wounds.

The pages of American history are littered with broken treaties. Some of the earliest are still being contested today. The Fort Laramie Treaty of 1868 remains at the center of a land dispute that brings into question the very meaning of international agreements and who has the right to adjudicate them when they break down

www.smithsonianmag.com... 970741/

MY family never entered into those treaties. Did yours? Then you have some work to do, don't you?

Don't play silly buggers.

You know very well i am talking about The U.S. Government honouring the broken treaties.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
youtu.be...

Activist block road to Mt Rushmore

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Do you know what you do ? You honour all the broken treaties that where made with The Native Indians.

The pages of American history are littered with broken treaties. Some of the earliest are still being contested today. The Fort Laramie Treaty of 1868 remains at the center of a land dispute that brings into question the very meaning of international agreements and who has the right to adjudicate them when they break down

MY family never entered into those treaties. Did yours? Then you have some work to do, don't you?

You know very well i am talking about The U.S. Government honouring the broken treaties.

Like how the British government honored all it's "treaties" with Scotland and Ireland?

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Oh, and the U,S. government is the people. And my people never entered into those treaties. I know, facts get in the way.
Sorry

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

ETA: Just for fun, and to add facts to this ill conceived rant of yours,

S.J.Res.14 - A joint resolution to acknowledge a long history of official depredations and ill-conceived policies by the Federal Government regarding Indian tribes and offer an apology to all Native Peoples on behalf of the United States.

And.... For further action, see H.R.3326, which became Public Law 111-118 on 12/19/2009.

edit on 7/3/2020 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The brits don't honor anything.
Not even themselves anymore.
Bunch of lying dog faced pony soldiers.

edit on 3/7/2020 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Lol, notice how liberals only act "offended" by something when it's a bandwagon to jump on, or has a hashtag in front of it? Here's one for you: #FAKEOUTRAGE #GOHOME!

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Like how the British government honored all it's "treaties" with Scotland and Ireland?

Supply me with a list of treaties that The U.K. has broken and i will freely debate them with you. Or is that just an easy you for you to deflect the discussion ?

At this present time the topic under discussion is the treatment of Native American Indians by a long line of U.S. Administrations.

edit on 4-7-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   

ETA: Just for fun, and to add facts to this ill conceived rant of yours,

S.J.Res.14 - A joint resolution to acknowledge a long history of official depredations and ill-conceived policies by the Federal Government regarding Indian tribes and offer an apology to all Native Peoples on behalf of the United States.

And.... For further action, see H.R.3326, which became Public Law 111-118 on 12/19/2009.

Apologies cost nothing. The Native Americans want compensation. Or better still their land back. When i found what i linked below i was astounded.

From 1778 to 1871, the United States government entered into more than 500 treaties with the Native American tribes; all of these treaties have since been violated in some way or outright broken by the US government,[23][24][25][26] while at least one treaty was violated or broken by Native American tribes

However, violations by one party do not nullify the treaties under US law; the treaties still have legal effect today, and Native Americans and First Nations peoples are still fighting for their treaty rights in federal courts and at the United Nations.[24][28]

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh, and the U,S. government is the people. And my people never entered into those treaties. I know, facts get in the way. Sorry

So ? As i have shown the treaties are still legally binding. However selfish people like you just want to turn a blind eye to it and hope it goes away.

There are examples after example of how The U.S. Government screwed The Native Americans. Here is just one.

In 1980, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the U.S. had illegally appropriated the Black Hills and awarded more than $100 million in reparations. The Sioux Nation refused the money (which is now worth over a billion dollars), stating that the land was never for sale

edit on 4-7-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
What a beautiful display at rushmore last night.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser
And now in 100 days the libs have destroyed our economy, any sense of ok-ness and now our history.

And not one Republican involved in the shutdowns and tanking the economy. Right?

Wake up, you tools, they're both ****ing your life up.

No kidding politicians in general screw us over. That’s a known commodity, but it also means that some issues can still be clearly assigned to a party from a blame standpoint based on what they have pushed/decision making/who they bow to/etc.

In this instance, it was a blue state led meltdown on all fronts - from COVID response to the BLM hysteria. This is left-wing driven destruction as a temper tantrum for how well American citizen were doing - fact based - 100 days ago.

Bush was the architect of our failed Middle East military blunders... the Dems are the architects of our current state.

Look no further than mass protests and little to know discussion about social distancing/masks/etc.if that protest is about BLM or defining law enforcement or some other left wing stance. But a whole bunch of people want to show up in Michigan to protest lockdowns and Whittmer loses her s.

This was a left-wing driven takedown no matter how you slice it.

And no, I didn’t vote for Trump.

The “wake TF up morons they all screw you over” line is not wrong, just misplaced here.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Supply me with a list of treaties that The U.K. has broken and i will freely debate them with you. Or is that just an easy you for you to deflect the discussion ?

At this present time the topic under discussion is the treatment of Native American Indians by a long line of U.S. Administrations.

I know nothing of treaties broken by you honorable Brits, but I do know British citizens — with the full consent of the British government — imported millions of African slaves to work their Caribbean plantations. The reason you Brits imported so many — aside from the vast profits from sugar production — is because working in sugar cane fields is pretty much a death sentence. You don’t live long.

And of course you Brits conquered and exploited the Indian subcontinent and much of Africa.

And, oh, what a mess you Brits made when you drew up the boundaries of nations in the Middle East. We’re still paying the price.

The two opium wars with China were additional ugly chapters in British history.

So maybe you should get off your moral high horse. The Irish would surely agree. So would the First Nations in Canada, the aborigines in Australia, the Maoris in New Zealand, Afrikaners in South Africa and black Africans all over the continent.
edit on 4-7-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

We can discuss British Historical Events anytime you wish. As as far as i am aware there are no on going legal cases taking place against The U.K. and certainly not legal cases against issues within U.K. Borders. However both of those are happening regarding The U.S.

At present we are discussing successive U.S. Governments dirt bag attitudes towards Native American Indians which is still happening to this day.

Have you got any comments about this ? Reading your post it seems you want to say bugger all about it. either because you can't defend it or just hope it goes away.

Well ?

edit on 5-7-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Scapegrace

We can discuss British Historical Events anytime you wish. As as far as i am aware there are no on going legal cases taking place against The U.K. and certainly not legal cases against issues within U.K. Borders. However both of those are happening regarding The U.S.

At present we are discussing successive U.S. Governments dirt bag attitudes towards Native American Indians which is still happening to this day.

Have you got any comments about this ? Reading your post it seems you want to say bugger all about it. either because you can't defend it or just hope it goes away.

Well ?

I reviewed the first page of posts and yours didn’t mention anything about legalities or lawsuits; they were about morality or justice.

When I criticize another nation, e.g., China, I’m often rebutted with moral equivalency attacks on America. So you better get used to it, as I have.

Britain has a far worse record re: human rights than the United States. Don’t you Brits have enough past injustices of your own to worry about?

We Americans have acknowledged and agonized over our treatment of Native Americans for more than a century. How many books, including textbooks, movies, TV shows, documentaries, websites, social media posts, conferences, college courses and lectures, protests and newspaper and magazine articles have focused on or touched upon our mistreatment of Native Americans? There must be many thousands of them, and if you’ve lived here 63 years as I have, you would have been exposed to them all your life.

I wonder if there’s been anything remotely as self-penitential in the UK re: the genocide of aborigines in Canada, Australia and New Zealand while they were under British rule? Britain’s record in Africa, the Middle East, China and the subcontinent aren’t exactly shining examples of morality either.

America has made good-faith, continuous and very expensive efforts to improve the lives of Native Americans. It would be interesting to learn how many of them would prefer living the way they did before white Americans ruined their traditional ways of life.

I suspect many, perhaps most, would not wish to give up their cars, hot-and-cold running water, TVs, electric lighting, microwaves, refrigerators, air conditioners, dental care, hospitals, etc.

I happen to agree that the genocide of Native Americans was evil; one of the two most evil things this nation has ever been involved with, the other being slavery.

But how does Britain’s treatment of aborigines, tribes and other nations compare with that of the United States? Poorly, I think.
edit on 5-7-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Great event at Rushmore!

To celebrate our declared independence, and subsequent follow through.
Great holiday weekend!

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well , it used to be a scared native american site and they didnt care so oh well. tear it down

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

lol a tribal war is different then genocide

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join