It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Party Targets Mt. Rushmore As Racist Symbol of White Supremacy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Everyone was a part of the KKK back then, sounds like he was just a normal guy like everyone else in that time. Borglum also sculpted the statue of Union Army General Sheridan in DC, and Abe Lincoln's bust. Cogidubnus is judging a man from the 1800's by the standards of today.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

You have no idea who they oppressed though.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The most visited park in America. I'm surprised they haven't attacked it yet. I guess it's because they don't have access to it and it's 400' above the ground.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius
I agree, trump may be a butthole sometimes, but he is miles better than these jerks.
And I thought hillary was the worst they could do.
Boy was I wrong.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

That'll be up to the no-life fart sacks who show up to cause trouble. I agree with you that it should go on without incident, but man, it's so hard for me to say I wouldn't be disappointed if some weren't put in their place.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Joe Biden said this morning it's okay for the protestors to destroy some public properties, but not others. He sounded kind of confused.

link   
Celebrating the usa's independence is by far the worst we could do to them.
It is what they hate.
I for one will drink a cold one for them on Saturday while holding a red white and blue sparkler.

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Ah . Lets Not Fool Ourselves Anymore , your Thread Title Needs to be Amended for Accuracy .....

" Communist Dem Party Targets Mt. Rushmore As Racist Symbol of White Supremacy "

It is just a Short Matter of Time Before these Home Bred Communists will be Silenced by the Silent Majority in this Country for their Seditious Acts Against our Free Democratic Republic . Lock and Load Brothers.......

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cogidubnus

I agree with you 100% on that. History is history and should be preserved, studied, and remembered.

But is this a different scenario? This isn’t just history for these people that still live and exist today. That look at it on a daily basis. For them this isn’t history, it’s the present.

I really don’t know the answer to this one, but it is a nice thought experiment.

If during WW2 Nazis had carved a giant swastika into St Peters dome in Rome. Would catholics around the world still have the desecration up on display today to remember history?

Would Muslim’s allow a giant Star of David to remain on the Kabaa to remember history?

I realize I just inadvertently compared Mt. Rushmore to a Swastika. This was not my intent but it is a step in understanding how the Sioux must see it.

I guess it really would depend on what the people who look to that 'monument or symbol' think. For instance.

I would have ever known about the secondary story surrounding Rushmore had you not mentioned it. Though, for most Americans, it's a symbol of their presidents. The creator's part in it was to make a statement which the country didn't see but to that one person, it was something personal.

A swastika on a church is a little different. It's not a national monument adored by a country but it is adored by the people of that faith. They have every right to take that away from the church to put it back to what it was, because they can. That's easy. You couldn't do this with Rushmore.

I guess I'd have to say whoever owns it - get's to do what they want with it, history or not. In this case, it belongs to the country as a national monument. Unless 80% of the people are against it... it should stay.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Everyone was a part of the KKK back then, sounds like he was just a normal guy like everyone else in that time. Borglum also sculpted the statue of Union Army General Sheridan in DC, and Abe Lincoln's bust. Cogidubnus is judging a man from the 1800's by the standards of today.

Sadly, I slept through American history. I had ZERO interest in it in school. My fascination was everything from the dark ages back to the beginning of time. Nothing else mattered to me cept the 1776 Bicentennial Zippo that was passed down to me from my Dad's dad.

Goes to show just how much I know about 'our' monuments. The bulk of what I know come from sources like ATS and that's usually dealing with symbology and occultism in government buildings. Fascinating - but the rest of American history just isn't. Not for me, anyways.

Still... Glad you guys can put some sense to it otherwise I really wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The Statue Of Liberty depicts America as a Free White person.
Sounds pretty White Supremacist by today's new Democrat Party standard.

Time for it to go?

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The heads should be replaced with logos from Microsoft Amazon Google Apple - the real MAGA being pushed by MSM and Dems.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: lostbook
Were there any actual calls to destroy MT. Rushmore?

LOL, right behind the permit requests to tear down the Albert Pike statue in DC, or any of the other statues that were taken down by an angry mob under the cloak of darkness. These assholes don't want to follow rules and junk, they just want more temper tantrums.

They all need a good spanking and some nap time.

This is caused by the deterioration of the family unit. Thrice divorced bitter Mom has to work so she isn't there to make Hot Pockets for Junior in the basement when he does battle on the internet so resentment builds and an outlet is needed... or maybe Junior just needs a girlfriend?

So, taking your statement to the next level, it seems that making prostitution legal at a Federal level would curtail some of this dissent.

It's a very progressive perspective.

Interesting approach!

I like it.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Time for it to go?

nah... It's a Communist French Gay Deity. It's acceptable.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Time for it to go?

Not if we rename it, "Steve".

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Time for it to go?

Not if we rename it, "Steve".

Laddie Liberty.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

LOL, right behind the permit requests to tear down the Albert Pike statue in DC, or any of the other statues that were taken down by an angry mob under the cloak of darkness. These assholes don't want to follow rules and junk, they just want more temper tantrums.

This is caused by the deterioration of the family unit. Thrice divorced bitter Mom has to work so she isn't there to make Hot Pockets for Junior in the basement when he does battle on the internet so resentment builds and an outlet is needed... or maybe Junior just needs a girlfriend?

So, taking your statement to the next level, it seems that making prostitution legal at a Federal level would curtail some of this dissent.

Interesting approach!

I like it.

If the Fed had to provide "professional stress relief services" to the protesters many would be forced to see what they have been missing and could be forced to reorganize their priorities. Street level therapy of the most basic kind. It could work much better than giving them a Snickers!

Also, have we already tried feeding them Snickers?

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Awe screw it. Let's all go back to where our ancestors came from and anyone who is not a Native American, pack our bags. Shut it all down and give it all back. The rest of the world, get ready, we are coming home.

Hyperbole, you betcha! But until we do that, there will be someone screaming from the rooftops that we are responsible for what people did, in many cases, a hundred or two hundred years ago. We fart today, our offspring must apologize for us farting for hundreds of years. We murder someone and our offspring go straight to prison until the end of time.

Except wait a moment. Native Americans came from another continent, they did not evolve here. Let's all leave.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Interesting approach!

I like it.

If the Fed had to provide "professional stress relief services" to the protesters many would be forced to see what they have been missing and could be forced to reorganize their priorities. Street level therapy of the most basic kind. It could work much better than giving them a Snickers!

Also, have we already tried feeding them Snickers?

Screw the Snickers, they need a good old fashioned meat & taters dinner, not this vegan soy-laden kale BS they call food today.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It is every true historians goal to observe history without the guise of present bias. However close we get we can never truly live in “their” shoes. As is our curse, and blessing I suppose?

I tried my utmost to remain unbiased to the subject at hand. As you state, “everyone was in the KKK back then”. This wasn’t something I was aware of.

Everyone has their own cultural and personal biases towards their versions of history. Some take the easy way out. Some strive for truth and a deeper comprehension.

Regardless of personal biased opinion, research, comprehension and Personal guise will always prevail. please always try to continue our creed here and defy ignorance.

Did you know the Swastika was once regarded as a beautiful symbol of harmony and peace prior to the Nazis conformity?

Truth and knowledge will set us free.
edit on 30-6-2020 by Cogidubnus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join