It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conscious Universe without a God ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   
God is a religious concept - It implies many different things [concepts] to many different people and represents many philosophical views.

Atheism denies the existence of a supreme being, a God. But what about primal conscousness that is universal but not a diety

I bring this up because of the fascination I've developed with some of the philosophical quotes by the famous physicist Max Planck,
the founder of Quantum Mechanics, for which he won the Noble Prize in the 20th Century.

Planck did not believe in God in a religious sense.

But he also made some of the most interesting statements that left many doors open.

For example:

“I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness.
We cannot get behind consciousness.
Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.”
― Max Planck

Do you understand this?

Of course if you're a Theist [believe in a deity] you'll say of course, he is talking about God.

But remember Planck did not believe in God in religious sense.

So what is this primal consciousness he was postulating?

Can we have a primal consciousness backing all that exists without a creator god

I propose that if Planck is correct we may have a situation where God both exists and does not exist !!!

That primal consciousness may at some point produce godlike powers and at other times reflect off the void.
- A Quantum Universe ???

What do you think

And finally, also by Max Planck:

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”
― Max Planck

edit on 30-6-2020 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Not really new. There are religions that believe God was an awakened consciousness of the void nothingness over billions of years awakened. Don't remember the names. Not my expertise really.
But I did think of this about ten years ago, and felt cheaply ripped off by Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Then found out afterwards my idea wasn't so new, but actually thousand of years old.

Fact is, there is a God. How can there not be. And if there is a God, there can only be one. And there should be some sort of irrefutable evidence. And there is. And you probably know what I'd say. But to those not found in the book of life, they are blinded from the truth regardless of what is said. Making me wonder what's the point. Ah, its late and I'm rambling.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Where does conscousness come from? How is it produced?

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Although I do like to discuss dualism, existentialism, and consciousness. It has become increasingly obvious to me that discussing consciousness is futile when we can only perceive a small percentage of the available spectrum.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The thing is, you already know what you think, so what's the point in asking what we think? Not like it will change anything.
edit on 30-6-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Looking at a drop and trying to deduce the size of the ocean?

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

'Apparently' what Planck is implying is that 'consciousness' is the matrix of all that exists.

As primal essence of all that is, it does not have to come from anyhwere - everything comes from it !

How is it produced you ask ? - Again, it is what is doing the producing - A self replicating 'primal principle' of all that is.
edit on 30-6-2020 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
consciousness = is nothing more than an alert awaken brain, that exists only within the brain of each individual
non/sub-consciousness = is a brain during sleep/coma or is dead

If there were 10 people in a chamber alive and awake then you have 10 individual consciousnesses
If you were to gas those 10 people to death you would then have 0 consciousnesses left in the chamber
Nutshellic

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Yes, there is a difference between this theory and Creator God theory.

As I see it, the key to the difference is communication.

In traditional thinking, the Creator is "other" than his creation, and vice-versa, which means that they can communicate with each other and have a relationship. The Bible is essentially the record of that happening.

But if consciousness belongs to the universe as a whole, then there is no "other" with which it can communicate, and communication will not happen.

Incidentally, this is not a straight choice between monism and true dualism.
In true dualism, matter is both separate and independent.
In monism, matter is neither truly separate nor truly independent.
But in Creation theory, matter is separate but not independent, so that theory is half-way between the other two.
One-and-a-half-ism.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Planck seems to have the notion that 'consciousness' is what later became our modern creator-god personified

I too hold that primal consciousness was confined in a Void-Vacuum and out-of-necessity burst out of the infinite void of nothingness
and thus was created the multiverse of dimensions/time-space etc.

Nature abhors a vacuum, that is what drove universal consciousness to explode from that Void in a Big Bang Event

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Atheism denies the existence of a supreme being...

The quoted statement is erroneous. Atheists do not "deny the existence of "God". Atheists do not believe in a god because there is no conclusive evidence for the existence of such an entity. Religious books and anecdotes do not qualify as conclusive evidence.

I think there is more to human existence than meets the eye to turn a phrase. The possibility of a "higher" consciousness or collective (un-)consciousness may not be so far off the mark, but we humans have a tendency to believe everything we think and then relish in our own ignorance to the point of cursing and murdering one another over an ideology we have no substantial evidence for, so I prefer to keep my beliefs to a minimum and only entertain the possibilities without necessarily accepting any.
edit on 6/30/2020 by Klassified because: Just because...

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: and14263

Looking at a drop and trying to deduce the size of the ocean?

Yes. A very good way of putting it.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
The thing is, you already know what you think, so what's the point in asking what we think? Not like it will change anything.

Awesome, another thread with you in it!!

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

You're confusing awareness with consciousness. Awareness is the management of the body and its senses.
Consciousness is the more abstract thing that looks at what awareness is "receiving", the one best felt, or at least get a feeling for the corners of it, when you're unconscious, are having a NDE, or use the substance that shall not be named.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

And the evil one's same plot same plot since day one in the garden.

Is there really a god did God really say .....forget about God.

Ignore the stars that scream at you all night scream at you till the sun comes up screams of creation look at them they're talking to you they're screaming creation and then what happens the sky turns blue Doi
edit on 30-6-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
God is said to be all seeing and all knowing and ever present.

Saint Francis of Assisi said 'What we are looking for is what is looking.'

Instead of going out into the world like the prodgical son......turn around and go back home.

edit on 30-6-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite
If you had 4 devices plugged in and they all worked....and then unplugged all of them you would have 4 devices devoid of electricity.
How many electricities were/are there?

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God....John 1:1......isn't the Word just the verbal expression of that consciousness ??

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
You know the missing 90%+ of the universe's mass which is currently thought to be dark energy/matter.

Maybe its consciousness .

On death we return to the universal consciousness - could maybe explain being drawn to the light or feelings of bliss/oneness as rejoining the whole you have been separated from would presumably be mind 'blowingly' good

edit on 30-6-2020 by johnb because: sp

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join