It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Revokes Hong Kong Special Status, Ends Exports of Defence Equipment, Sensitive Technologies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I expected this to happen but you never know until the deed is done.

I feel sorry for the people of Hong Kong as they really are caught between a rock and a hard place.

Otherwise I am pleased to see this action by the US administration.

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo earlier denounced Beijing for "decreeing an end to freedom in Hong Kong", warning that the United States will treat Hong Kong as "just another piece of mainland China", since the Chinese Communist Party appears to treat the region in the same way.

Mike Pompeo tweeted that the United States will end its export of defence equipment and "sensitive US Commerce Department-controlled dual-use technologies" to Hong Kong, adding that "if Beijing now treats Hong Kong as "One Country, One System, so must we".

Today, the United States is ending exports of @StateDeptPM controlled U.S. origin defense equipment and sensitive @CommerceGov controlled dual-use technologies to Hong Kong. If Beijing now treats Hong Kong as β€œOne Country, One System,” so must we.

sputniknews.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Good news for US, bad news for Hong Kong.

My hope is that the Chinese can dismantle their government and implement a more fair and balanced system without foreign intervention.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Edit..sorry wrong thread dude
edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: Edit..wrong thread

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
This is what happens when governments take over the everyday lives of everyday people 😑

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The end of Hong Kong is nigh.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
This is what happens when governments take over the everyday lives of everyday people 😑

A Criminal Organization disguised as the Chinese Communist Party, inherently evil and still allowed to exit (why is that)---look over there and not over here Machiavellian tactic by the Fascist traitors looking to destroy America. Republican/Libertarian Constitutionalists need to grow a backbone and stand up to this insanity.

new topics

top topics

join