It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Shutting down again Staring today 6/29/

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
I didn't think anyone cared about senior citizens since they started putting covid patients in Nursing Homes. I am so behind the times.

I do. Lots of them. But then again I'm not a s#itty politician or a redneck who won't wear a mask for their 30 minute trip to Walmart.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

You mean political groups like this thread?

I wonder how many of our users are Arizona residents that could collaborate your story. One already disagrees with you.

I both can and cannot collaborate... greater Phoenix area here... Everyone I know and talk to personally wants to stay open. But my NextDoor page is about half and half on whether we should be open or locked down. So there are people who want us locked down. I don't know any of them personally! But they're out there...

I got a kick out of the mailman today. I was outside when he came, so (social-distancing failure that I am!) I walked up to the truck like normal to grab my mail, saw his mask and I backed off and apologized (I was not wearing a mask). He just chuckled and said, "I don't mind if you don't." So I stepped forward again and he handed me my mail. I asked how he was doing and he said it's been tough with the mask in the heat. Poor guy was sweating like crazy. He's a good guy. We've talked before -- mostly about his son, and he shows me pics of the old rock band concerts he takes his little boy too. I really felt for him.

I hadn't yet heard about the new shutdown orders then, but when he does hear I'll bet he's not in favor either!

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Since these states lose TONS OF MONEY when they close down, it's imperative that Mitch McConnell stand firm in his resolve to not bail them out. Make sure they know this in advance and they'll think twice...or three times, before committing to a shut down.

That's what's happening here in Illinois. The mafia governor was counting on getting $30 billion. McConnell told him to declare bankruptcy and start over. Now, mafia Don Pritzker is screaming words of warning, but is not so eager to shut down again, like he was in mid-March.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
lord the Virus can NOT live in 110 % we have here NO one is getting sick going OUT SIDE .
people are Sick go to stores go to offices go to Other public buildings and we have this thing call air conditioner .
What it is designed to do is make the air temperature cooler inside buildings temperatures cool enough so the virus can spread .

Google them come into the year 2020 they been around almost a 110 years .
BUT This thread was NOT about the VIRUS why is it so hard for every one to Focus on the PROBLEM ?

MORE LOCK DOWNS = less JOBS Democrats DON'T have JOBS or Money form government republican DON'T have jobs Or money from Government !

FL TX AZ IL NY CA WA NJ And that List will JUST get longer . YOU don't care The Government DON"T care .
And If ( is it even a IF any longer ? IF the country goes into a full blown depression GAME OVER .

It is NOT 1928 It is 2020 and No one left who knows how to barter or even has any thing to barter With !
A useless I phone will be paper weight as Money has NO value .

Your Great skills will Mien NOTHING Unless they involve making something people can eat From food grown on land . But the people you want to trade with will have NOTING but worthless Green paper .

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

My experience is my experience.

I stand by my evaluation of the political climate of Arizona.

Your belief does not invalidate mine.

How did you get your information that was used in your evaluation of the political Climate of Arizona?

I live here.

I'm involved in political groups.

I have FB friends that are Trump supporters and everything else.

I've been following politics online since 1999. Started with ICQ (I seek you).

I wonder how many of our users are Arizona residents that could collaborate your story. One already disagrees with you.

I live here
Have for almost 27 years
She's full of it
The local media has gone from largely conservative to largely liberal in the past 20 years
The amplify everything through the Leftist megaphone.
The truth is, is that most of the state doesn't matter, as far as politics go
Maricopa county has about 2/3 of the residents of this State.
Maricopa county still is predominantly either Libertarian leaning independent or GOP
The Democrats are strong in the Southwest Valley or in South and Central Phoenix, and that's about it.
Democrats can be elected, but they have to be Centrist, Like Nappy or Sinema
And Most are distrustful of the media here
Don't believe everything you hear

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Arizona Guy My sister lived in Tucson over 10 years I am 54 been coming back and forth from when I was 19 Now finely moved to stay .

Does NOT matter to people with NO job and No money in the bank what you call them !

Does Not matter what city what state this si NOT a local Problem and any one living out side the citys thinks that miens they are ok . THINK again depression wont care small town big city the money is all the same WORTHLESS .

The US started started with industrial that worked back 50 years agaio it would work now but WE THE USA sold out to china all OF US sat and DID NOTHING while our politicians made bank sell it out !

So we went to services well 20 years back we could already see how that was working out as wages stagnated and depressed . Chime in with dotcom Chime out with billions lost 3 years later .

Lets try a Housing bubble POP > I know a Education Bubble POP AND BANG . Nothing left to pop so as it was !
So lets just shut it all down OVER and OVER heck why wate 15 more years LIMPING along when we can party Like its 2020 .

In such a hurry to through it all away we just cant wate another 15 years lets do it now .
While we keep pointing fingers till we have no fingers to point .

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar
I'd love to reply
But your writing style is rather confusing and all over the place
Can you be a little clearer?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I did NOt post this thinking most would have sense enough to realize if we dont stop fighting each other there will be nothing left to fight about .

In real life there is No Mud Pit all are = in poorness as even having Millions will be nothing more then something to heat your home with in the fire place .

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!! So, please chill with teh poliitics.......

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Member must Stay on Topic!!!
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Please read:.
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
lord the Virus can NOT live in 110 %

110% of what? Did you mean degrees? Because it obviously can.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

How did you get your information that was used in your evaluation of the political Climate of Arizona?

I live here.

How many would validate those who have a different experience than me? And where are they located?

I'm in SW AZ - - as far as Phoenix goes - - it's like that commercial "Picante sauce made in New York City". We don't relate to Phoenix. AZ is not just Phoenix area. It's not just Maricopa County.

There are many articles (OPs) about Arizona's changing political "color". There's one at 538. But, Hey! That's Nate Silver's site. Who cares what the Liberal says.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

I live here.

I live here
Have for almost 27 years
She's full of it
The local media has gone from largely conservative to largely liberal in the past 20 years
The amplify everything through the Leftist megaphone.
The truth is, is that most of the state doesn't matter, as far as politics go
Maricopa county has about 2/3 of the residents of this State.
Maricopa county still is predominantly either Libertarian leaning independent or GOP
The Democrats are strong in the Southwest Valley or in South and Central Phoenix, and that's about it.
Democrats can be elected, but they have to be Centrist, Like Nappy or Sinema
And Most are distrustful of the media here
Don't believe everything you hear

AZ Guy - - your opinion is always far opposite than mine.

It does not invalidate mine.

And, I've lived in AZ longer than you.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

Exactly, so why not add a ton more deaths? Cars kill people and fast food kills people, why not add something else that could kill hundreds of thousands more? Excellent logic! You're a born leader! No more masks because I like beer and sports and something else will always kill more people... maybe!

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
well posting this thread was a mistake .
Petty bickering par for the course . I really wish there was a answer for just how Government thinks keeping so many business closed when if we just use mask that would be enough to slow the virus alest until a anti-vac can be brought out .

Mask worked just fine for japan and s Korea . really people just wont do even the smallest sensible thing .
Just keep bickering Not my fault . Or how many years living in one area as if this isnt a country world wide event .

Like if AZ just stayed open the world would be saved never mind the other 49 states and 180 some country's .

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
well posting this thread was a mistake .
Petty bickering par for the course . I really wish there was a answer for just how Government thinks keeping so many business closed when if we just use mask that would be enough to slow the virus alest until a anti-vac can be brought out .

Mask worked just fine for japan and s Korea . really people just wont do even the smallest sensible thing .
Just keep bickering Not my fault . Or how many years living in one area as if this isnt a country world wide event .

Like if AZ just stayed open the world would be saved never mind the other 49 states and 180 some country's .

You do realize you specifically cited & linked an article about Ducey and Arizona in your OP - - - right?

Just sayin'

edit on 30-6-2020 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar Arizona is reliant on US tax dollars for it's economy otherwise it would die on the vine,very liberal many east coast retirees,hiding out etc,Morrocco type state whole bunch of nothing and you blend in

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   
As a resident of Arizona, I can say I see no symptoms of the WuFlu anywhere. The case controversy is overblown.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker
Every year over 1 million people die from car accidents, worldwide. Many of those who die are not even the ones causing the accident (passengers, other drivers). Why haven't cars been banned? ONE MILLION DEATHS PER YEAR.

I can't spread car accidents by being a selfish twat, and breathing on someone close to me. That person would also not go out and cause 3 other people to have car accidents, who would cause 9 people to have accidents, and so on, and so forth. 3 is just a number I made up. I know if one person at work gets the flu, a lot of people usually get the flu.

You actually can spread a car accident by being a selfish twat. You should probably stop driving cause you may hurt someone.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Arizona residents have been pushing the governor to shut down - - again.

Many were angry that he opened AZ too early in the first place.

Ducey's pro Trump position on Covid is helping turn AZ Blue.

Yeah right. If anything, Ducey will lose to a Republican challenger because he's going against the wishes of his people and kowtowing.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Seriously? Those same stats can be found everywhere else, too.

Would the CDC suffice? They show they same numbers.

CDC Data on AZ

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join