It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Mary Shelly See The Future in 1826 ? Too Many Coincidences Maybe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Mary Shelly was of course most remembered for her novel " Frankenstein "

However in 1826 her novel " The Last Man " was published. Lets take a look at some of it's content.

The Last Man is the first piece of dystopian fiction published

Set in the 21st Century in a dystopian society.

The book describes a future Earth at the time of the late 21st Century, ravaged by an unknown pandemic

The world is suffering a global pandemic.

When the king leaves the throne, the monarchy comes to an end and a republic is created.

British Royalty is under the spotlight at present. Some seem to think Prince Charles may be the last Monarch.

the plague continues to spread across Europe and the Americas, and reports of a black sun cause panic throughout the world

The reference to a " Black Sun " would mean an eclipse. However " Black Sun " is also something quite different.

The Black Sun symbol is widely associated with neo-fascism and neo-Nazism It is utilized by far-right neo-Nazis, neo-volkisch movements, and white nationalists.

en.wikipedia.org...(symbol)

The novel has strong emphasis on gender, class and race.

en.wikipedia.org...

So what are your thoughts. Did Shelly see what was coming to mankind ?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Nope..she was looking to the past, saw that the same thing has happened a billion times before and took a wag it would happen again.

Meet the new boss....same as the old boss....Roger

a reply to: alldaylong

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Black sun also has a deeper occult meaning.

This is why the Nazi used this.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

For the black sun part maybe give a look to this thread I made back in Nov 2018. I think the timeframe between winter solstice & great conjunction this December and the annular solar eclipse smack over Thule in June next year may be very interesting in that regard.

The Greenland Disclosure Pattern Analysed - Part 2 - Black Sun Over Thule
edit on 29-6-2020 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

It all reads very vague though, doesn’t it?

For instance;

The book describes a future Earth at the time of the late 21st Century, ravaged by an unknown pandemic

So she’s given herself, at best, a 100 year window of time where we’re to experience some form of pandemic? Isn’t that akin to saying “at some point in the 21st century, it’s going to rain”.

And the comments on the monarchy; which monarchy exactly? There’s plenty out there with varying degrees of authority.

The problem with a lot of these prophetic claims is that they’re hardly ever specific, and thus allow themselves to be “fulfilled” in an almost infinite number of ways.

I’ll tell you what’d impress me; if in 1826 she foretold than man would land on the moon in 1969, and the names of those men would be Neil Armstrong, Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin and Michael Collins. Now wouldn’t that be something.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A bunch of white supremacists, worshipping a Black Sun?

We deserve an alien invasion...but no that would be too easy.
edit on 29-6-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88
A bunch of white supremacists, worshipping a Black Sun?

We deserve an alien invasion...but no that would be too easy.

Asteroid belt... Active.
Look closer-😶

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DeusInAbsentia

the late 21st Century

would mean at the end of but not exceeding.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Asteroid belt... Active.
Look closer-😶

Got any links or info about the asteroid belt aliens......?
edit on 30-6-2020 by TechnoAssassin1 because: Added an extra word

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Great thread! Haven’t read this, which is daft since Frankenstein is a favourite book of mine. Will seek it out.

The rise of popularism with Trump, Johnson, Putin et al is part of the cycle of people’s disillusionment with the attempts at ideological structures in politics. Inevitably, people being people, they screw it up and people make protest votes, or are simply vulnerable to snake oil politicians offering a miracle cure.

Those individuals only ideology is self preservation far in excess of the venality that undermined the Structures that preceded. And so they’ll do anything to hold on to power putting them on the road to fascism - power via control and force that alters the rule of law to their own advantage.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Thank you for your input. Some thought provoking ideas you have put forward there.

I put the thread together quickly, so i did miss out something that is also quite uncanny, which is one of the main characters in the novel.

Adrian, Earl of Windsor: Son of the last King of England,

The House Of Windsor was not founded until 1917. That was 91 years after the novel was published. How did Shelly know that the Monarchy in the 21st Century would be The House Of Windsor ?

The House of Windsor is the reigning royal house of the United Kingdom and the other Commonwealth realms. Founded 17th July 1917.

en.wikipedia.org...

I have not read " The Last Man " in more than 30 years, time i dug it out again.

edit on 30-6-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Wow, Another great ‘coincidence’! That really is very interesting.

new topics

top topics

join