It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a new centrist ideology

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Just who is “we” and “us in the middle”? You don’t live in this country.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Libertarianism has been around for some time. I don't know what more people could ask for. Fiscally conservative spending and overall self accountability and liberty for anything that doesn't effect someone else's freedom.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I don't think there will be any moderation as long as one group thinks their candidate is anointed by God. Trump himself said he was the "chosen one"...

www.pewresearch.org... -policies/

religioninpublic.blog...

www.sfchronicle.com...

Trump is the chosen one.
He chose himself.
when was the last time it wasn't a party that chose who would be President?
pretty cool achievement if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
the right is the right because they are willing to compromise.
The Left refuses.
this is why the right keeps losing ground and the goalposts keep moving.

To address your main point I agree there is silent majority in the middle that doesn't care for either extreme. We need to be the ones bringing some sanity to this situation somehow. Problem is centrism is boring, so un-revolutionary. It has little appeal except perhaps to hobbits and gardeners of the larger sort.
edit on 29-6-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Why can't we have an old one?

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The problem with "Centrists" is that all they do is complain about the extremes of both "sides," while virtually doing little more.

If we are going to go with the notion that most US citizens are moderates, or centrists, and then follow through with the fact that the majority of US citizens barely even vote then what does that say about people who claim to be "Centrists" or "Moderates?"

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   

edit on 30-6-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: edited for double post.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Dude its not smoke and mirrors, there are racists on the political right pretending that there isn't just makes you part of the problem.

Yeah... you mean like "the Proud boys" member whom is married to a black woman, and they have mixed race kids?...
You mean the "pro-Trump crowd" which includes MILLIONS of minorities including blacks, Asians, hispanics, women, etc?...

You don't know what you are talking about...

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

There's more than a few thousand white supremacist in Texas alone. Half of them are in Lubbock and Amirillo.

www.splcenter.org...

ROFLMAO...SPLC...the racist group which labels people as racists for merely having a different political opinion than their left-wing ideology...

They claim Ron Paul, and others like him are racists because they dare criticize Obama's policies...

Southern Poverty Law Center Is a Hate Group

SPLC is like BLM, and Antifa...

They are the true racists.

The Hate List
Is America really being overrun by right-wing militants?

edit on 30-6-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   

There are many powerful forces operating today across the nation to divide the American people and silence opposing views. One of the most active of these efforts is the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC).

There are two very serious reasons why the SPLC is in many ways more dangerous than other organizations that are fueling the flames of the far left radicals who use violence and lies to stop honest political debate.

First, the SPLC has contracts with the federal government, specifically the Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), serving as advisors to help define what a domestic terrorist or hate group is, even helping to write official policy for this agency of our government. Here are just a few examples:

In 2009, the Department of Homeland Security issued a report entitled “Right-wing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment.” It targeted conservative groups that supported local rule over federal control. And it singled out groups that opposed abortion or illegal immigration.
Two weeks later, DHS issued a Domestic Extremism Lexicon to define Right wing extremists = those who are concerned over the economy, had antagonism toward the Obama Administration or oppose the UN.
According to these reports and many more, the list of potential terrorists, according to these reports and many more, included anyone who voted for Ron Paul for president, for example.

16 Jan It’s Time to Bring the Southern Poverty Law Center to Justice

Dae

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Yeah... you mean like "the Proud boys" member whom is married to a black woman, and they have mixed race kids?...
You mean the "pro-Trump crowd" which includes MILLIONS of minorities including blacks, Asians, hispanics, women, etc?...

You don't know what you are talking about...

There is roughly 6 million more women than men in the USA, not a minority by any stretch of the imagination. Just an FYI really, as it kinda irks me that a lot of people can lump women in "minorities" without thinking.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dae

There is roughly 6 million more women than men in the USA, not a minority by any stretch of the imagination. Just an FYI really, as it kinda irks me that a lot of people can lump women in "minorities" without thinking.

I would agree with you, except for the claim made by the left.

I heard a great report on a morning news show recently – that at least 150 CEO’s in the U.S. have publically committed to diversity and inclusion. One of the anchorwomen asked the CEO of PricewaterhouseCoopers, who represented the movement, if their targets or goals include women. She quickly added, “Women are half the population.” Was she suggesting that women should not be included in a diversity initiative because they aren’t “minorities”? That seems to me like an archaic (and irritating) notion.

The term “minority” literally means “fewer in number.” Dictionary definitions, however, include another notion: of being different from the social majority and subordinate to a dominate group. Being a “minority” is not about numbers. It is about social power. A group that outnumbers the “majority” but lacks power is a “minority.”

Are Women “Minorities”?

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Who said I was talking about any one particular state?

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

America’s asinine politics affects the rest of the western world.

If this were not the case there would be no BLM UK. Who seem to have picked up a disturbingly anti-semitic leaning recently.

Dae

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Ah I see what you're saying. I suppose with context like, CEO positions where women are a minority, can be true (at least used to be I don't keep up with stats). I couldn't see your article as the link landed me on the front page, but I believe women can be under represented in something but not be a minority. I feel that the distinction needs to be made as I understand being a minority means less of a voice, something that changes if you become majority. I'm probably being too simplistic here. In most cases women are a majority but still have less voice/power.

I do wonder if my beliefs are right, are there cases of a minority becoming majority and not gain voice/power? Maybe I'm wrong. Probably cos life is never simples!

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Too many people believing all the MSM BS 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And equally too many people believing a failed businessman with ties to Russia who trusts Putin over everyone else.

Hint: if you think the likes of OANN and Breitbart are the accurate sources of news, there's a reason you're in a distinct minority.

@OP: best thread on ATS in years. Nobody with even half a functioning brain cell could disagree with you. The left vs right thing is out of control. And we have a core of people who genuinely believe and trust Putin over US intelligence agencies. And they call themselves patriots. Lol.

*inserts loads of emojis to be edgy*

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Google geopolitics and educate yourself.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Let’s cut the crap.

The right has gone too far, there is a growing far right that advocates racial violence and rabid nationalism combined with a kind of conservatism that at times feels like they just want to roll back to the 1950’s and get ready for the “race war”

The left though has also gone way too far, basically now banning any speech they disagree with, old TV shows that can’t be aired anymore because they made that one joke about “the Germans” or getting rid of that statue of that one dude who while a pretty good guy once said that gay people were going to hell.

I feel like what is happening is that as the right moves further to the right the left moves further to the left and vice versa. Then there are those of us in the middle, I believe the silent majority who get called “right-wing” by the left and “libtards” by the right. Both groups have went so far that the middle ground now looks like an extreme to them.

Now yeah, racism is wrong, homophobia, wrong, sexism wrong, speaking out against Israel is anti-sematic and wrong…. or is it actually just a political view that some don’t like very much. It pains me to see how its falling into the modern lexicon that a “conspiracy theorist” is almost equated with a racist, it’s also frankly stupid when you look at the number of people across the political spectrum who believe in conspiracies of one kind or another.

As the far-left pushes harder against “hate speech” the far-right just ramps it up. It should not be a social taboo to say there are two genders regardless if one agrees or disagrees, just like it should not be a social taboo to call out Zionism or say, “I believe in aliens”, it shouldn’t be taboo to enjoy blazing saddles. The left needs to focus on the real far-right scum and not people who they basically disagree and the right needs to do the same, call out the far-right scum.

In fact, you could say that both groups need to meet in the centre ground, make our own ideology that calls both groups out for their crap and recognises that the extremes of both have become harmful and need stamped out for their crap.

Meh just some ramblings of a guy too many whiskys deep at this time on a Sunday.

Sorry, but this is mostly BS.

On the right, no main stream Republicans are giving the "far right" any credence whatsoever. As a matter of fact, they regularly denounce them, yet the left views them as the main voice of the Republicans.

BLM is racist. I know you don't want to hear that, but they are. It's not about Black lives, if it were, it would be ALL Black lives, not just the ones that suit their narrative, and the Democrats, right on up to the top are giving them all the credence they want.

The difference is that one side gives the racists a national platform and approval, the other side relegates them to the fringes of society.

And before you attempt to go off on me over this, understand that if you defend the left's racism in any way while trying to say that only the right is racist, your opinion is completely moot in my mind, and I will pay you absolutely no attention.

The entire left is summed up in one simple phrase today. "Hate yourself, White man."

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Its interesting how you can defend the right but are totally happy with criticism of the left.

this is the problem.

Its like you only read the first paragraph and see red as soon as anyone criticises "your team".

The right has a massive racism problem just like the left has a massive problem with whats its doing to freedom of expression.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

a reply to: poncho1982

this is the problem...

The right has a massive racism problem just like the left has a massive problem with whats its doing to freedom of expression.

You can't bargain for reality. You can't say I'll acknowledge X is true if you acknowledge Y is true. It's either true or it isn't. There was another poster that used to do this kind of thing.

By most media accounts and according to the yahoos on social media the entirety of the US is suffering from rampant white supremicism. That strangely includes Hispanics, people of color who disagree, and the occasional black person they Photoshop on television to appear white (in the interest of furthering the white villain narrative).

When you have some real evidence of this overwhelming number of racists please post it. Meanwhile centrists are being attacked for their failure to kiss the boots of our mob morality police. There's wide spread capitulation to the demands, however irrational many of the demands are, across wide sections of culture.

When you consider "doing to freedom of expression" as open targeting, harrasment, and serious harm to people and property, it might not be your place to advocate for a more centrist ideology.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join