It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a new centrist ideology

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The right in the west today serves largely as a reaction to the increasingly unreasonable demands of the corporate sponsored left. As one side becomes further radicalised the other will too.

Why would the corporations sponsor riots, protests and other such activity? If you’ve been paying attention it’s simple.

A number of tech firms have released detailed demographic information of protest attendees. They know who you are and where you are. Such tracking during a protest by the government would be totally unacceptable. The Stasi would love this sort of survellience technology.

Abolishing/defunding the police simply paves the way for private police forces. Who i’m sure will be totally accountable to the people, law and constitution and not their profits...

Everything that has transpired has served one goal: to further increase corporate power over the political system and control of the population.

I disagree OtherSide. We don’t need a new centrist position. What is needed is for the left to start being the actual left. To oppose the power of corporate elites, ditch the hateful identity politics crap and return to the principle that we are all the same, regardless of race, religion or gender and should be treated equally under the law, and most importantly represent the needs and interests of the working class majority over monied interest groups.

But that won’t happen. The left wing in the west is thoroughly dominated by corporate interests through one way or another.

I think what we need is to let this run it’s course and allow the new left to die. It will happen soon. I know because in a democratic society (as such still remains) the side that resorts to overt censorship and bullying eventually collapses. It happened to the religious right of the 90s and early 2000s, it will happen to the new left.

I just hope the pendulum does not swing too far the other way.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Depends on what they are. Let me have a look. Because as a white guy with a long beard driving a white pickup with an NRA sticker on it...im the kind of guy that Racists would generally feel like they could let their guard down around. And it happens so rarely that I can only remember 2 times in my adult life. 1 of them i fired on the spot, the other...i have no authority to take any action. Other than just shunning.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
From what I've seen, the Boog Bois fall into two categories
1. Those hoping for a civil war
2. Those earnestly prepping for a civil war, but not committing to an actual position on it

From what I've seen, some of the Leftist groups are no different
They have a list of demands, and if those demands aren't met there will be no peace
No peace= war
War between factions inside a country= civil war

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

speaking out against Israel is anti-sematic and wrong…

It is not a left-wing thing to say speaking against Isreal is wrong. That's a zionist FALSE idea.

Other than that I like your post

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Call me crazy but I don't think wanting to be safe from roving mobs, both physically and digitally, is a particularly extremist or radical position.

Just try saying that on Twitter and see who's gone too far.

They've already started coming after centrists. Centrists are now only one step removed from the white supremacist label.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
From what I've seen, the Boog Bois fall into two categories
1. Those hoping for a civil war
2. Those earnestly prepping for a civil war, but not committing to an actual position on it

From what I've seen, some of the Leftist groups are no different
They have a list of demands, and if those demands aren't met there will be no peace
No peace= war
War between factions inside a country= civil war

That's the way I see it as well but with more racial ovetones from the 3%, Boog boiz, some militias, Aryan nation, Atomwaffen, White America inc. etc. There are plenty of white nationalist groups that know it's prudent to keep low and don't run your mouth.

en.wikipedia.org...:White_supremacist_groups_in_the_United_States

It's not a question of "if" but "when"...I wonder what the catalyst will be to set them off.
edit on 29-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You wanna go there?
Here are the FBI statistics for hate crime offenders for 2018...
ucr.fbi.gov...

As you can see , Whites committed 53.6% of hate crime offenses in 2018
Blacks committed 24%
Looking at population demographic statistics, it would seem that Blacks are twice as likely to commit a hate crime offense as Whites are
So why isn't this fact reported in the media?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Let’s cut the crap.

The right has gone too far, there is a growing far right that advocates racial violence and rabid nationalism combined with a kind of conservatism that at times feels like they just want to roll back to the 1950’s and get ready for the “race war”

The right has gone to far?

Was that suppose to be some kind of effing joke?

Epic fail for cutting the crap.

Star and Flag for shoveling crap.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Here some more naughty 'right' wingers.

Give me money or else!

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

You wanna go there?
Here are the FBI statistics for hate crime offenders for 2018...
ucr.fbi.gov...

As you can see , Whites committed 53.6% of hate crime offenses in 2018
Blacks committed 24%
Looking at population demographic statistics, it would seem that Blacks are twice as likely to commit a hate crime offense as Whites are
So why isn't this fact reported in the media?

Racism knows no color. Take it where ever you want to, But it might be prudent not to get caught in the middle, have an alternate plan and be aware of the signs that the situation is going "hot" ...

My GF and I can be in Coasta Rica in 4 hrs and watch the show from a TV in my favorite bar...Coco Loco.

It's always good to have options. Glad I don't have kids...

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I disagree thoroughly with everything you said.

And that's OK.

If you think you have the answer you are part of the problem.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

We need a new centrist ideology

Looks like this very thread told us what a prognosis will be for a centrist ideology. I wouldn't make any long range plans if I were you.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
The right in the west today serves largely as a reaction to the increasingly unreasonable demands of the corporate sponsored left. As one side becomes further radicalised the other will too.

Why would the corporations sponsor riots, protests and other such activity? If you’ve been paying attention it’s simple.

A number of tech firms have released detailed demographic information of protest attendees. They know who you are and where you are. Such tracking during a protest by the government would be totally unacceptable. The Stasi would love this sort of survellience technology.

Abolishing/defunding the police simply paves the way for private police forces. Who i’m sure will be totally accountable to the people, law and constitution and not their profits...

Everything that has transpired has served one goal: to further increase corporate power over the political system and control of the population.

I disagree OtherSide. We don’t need a new centrist position. What is needed is for the left to start being the actual left. To oppose the power of corporate elites, ditch the hateful identity politics crap and return to the principle that we are all the same, regardless of race, religion or gender and should be treated equally under the law, and most importantly represent the needs and interests of the working class majority over monied interest groups.

But that won’t happen. The left wing in the west is thoroughly dominated by corporate interests through one way or another.

I think what we need is to let this run it’s course and allow the new left to die. It will happen soon. I know because in a democratic society (as such still remains) the side that resorts to overt censorship and bullying eventually collapses. It happened to the religious right of the 90s and early 2000s, it will happen to the new left.

I just hope the pendulum does not swing too far the other way.

This. This so much.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It's amazing how leftists always attribute racism and racial supremacy to the right, and turn a blind eye to their own social injustices.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I would laugh, but if you go to Reddit, it seems that the centrist is in their crosshairs the most. Somehow, the left believes action is needed in every case. I think its mostly kids, but its devolved into "you're either with us or against us", landing centrist views in the crosshairs.

I joked with someone who PM'd me about a post someone made on me. I commented that there is nothing a partisan hates worse than a centrist. All those precanned arguments don't work when your partner doesn't argue out of a can.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Dude its not smoke and mirrors, there are racists on the political right pretending that there isn't just makes you part of the problem.

As opposed to the racist democrats? The ones who advocate killing tens of millions of black babies, the ones who removed the black fathers from the family units in the 60's, the ones who have done nothing for blacks even under a black president who was in office for 8 years? This racist country elected a black president twice. WORST RACISTS EVER!!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

Libertarian party is the place to be!

Smaller government means less waste too, and I like the freedoms I had when I was born, without a lot of the added bs lately.

The party just signed John Bolton the war monger up as a national personality. The party is not what it use to be.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

People who used to be (and still are in my case but not to their new standards) “left” and do not accept the new correct way to think are treated even worse.

Apostasy is the word that comes to mind. Cult like. Leaving the fold is worse to them than never being a part of it.

I also know from experience the absolute worst thing you do is say that it wasn’t you who changed, it was them. My core beliefs have not changed, but what it means to be “left” did.

There is little tolerance for internal discussion that goes against the narrative in left wing circles nowadays. It’s a dogmatic crowd that allows no dissent.

It’s very disillusioning if you hold traditional left wing values to see it degrade so much, and most importantly so rapidly.

I see what it does to countries in elections as well. Here in the UK this particular brand of crazy has all but destroyed the labour party. It lost 4 general elections in a row, safe seats in the “red wall” (traditional working class areas) flipped Tory for the first time in decades. Almost a century in a handful of cases.

These voters didn’t change. The Party did. It abandoned it’s principles in order to appeal to the new left. And it cost them.

I hope the same thing happens in America. Not because i have much love for the American Right but because it is absolutely necessary to kill the new left in the west and get back to a more traditional pro-worker stance.
edit on 2962020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Yeah, i find plenty to like within a traditional democratic viewpoint. Im pretty antiwar, for one.

It wasnt ideal, but it used to work. To a degree.

Today it feels like stoned teenagers are in control. "We all get a minimum allowa, er, income. And no cops either. We will just share everything." Its like theyre winning a campaign for president by campaigning for class president.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Let’s cut the crap.

The right has gone too far, there is a growing far right that advocates racial violence and rabid nationalism combined with a kind of conservatism that at times feels like they just want to roll back to the 1950’s and get ready for the “race war”

The left though has also gone way too far, basically now banning any speech they disagree with, old TV shows that can’t be aired anymore because they made that one joke about “the Germans” or getting rid of that statue of that one dude who while a pretty good guy once said that gay people were going to hell.

I feel like what is happening is that as the right moves further to the right the left moves further to the left and vice versa. Then there are those of us in the middle, I believe the silent majority who get called “right-wing” by the left and “libtards” by the right. Both groups have went so far that the middle ground now looks like an extreme to them.

Now yeah, racism is wrong, homophobia, wrong, sexism wrong, speaking out against Israel is anti-sematic and wrong…. or is it actually just a political view that some don’t like very much. It pains me to see how its falling into the modern lexicon that a “conspiracy theorist” is almost equated with a racist, it’s also frankly stupid when you look at the number of people across the political spectrum who believe in conspiracies of one kind or another.

As the far-left pushes harder against “hate speech” the far-right just ramps it up. It should not be a social taboo to say there are two genders regardless if one agrees or disagrees, just like it should not be a social taboo to call out Zionism or say, “I believe in aliens”, it shouldn’t be taboo to enjoy blazing saddles. The left needs to focus on the real far-right scum and not people who they basically disagree and the right needs to do the same, call out the far-right scum.

In fact, you could say that both groups need to meet in the centre ground, make our own ideology that calls both groups out for their crap and recognises that the extremes of both have become harmful and need stamped out for their crap.

Meh just some ramblings of a guy too many whiskys deep at this time on a Sunday.

Reading your posts, including this very OP... I don't believe you.

Even your "come to Jesus" "can't we all get along" moment is slanted hard left.

Try again.

I think term limits are the best place to start though

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join