It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a new centrist ideology

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Let’s cut the crap.

The right has gone too far, there is a growing far right that advocates racial violence and rabid nationalism combined with a kind of conservatism that at times feels like they just want to roll back to the 1950’s and get ready for the “race war”

The left though has also gone way too far, basically now banning any speech they disagree with, old TV shows that can’t be aired anymore because they made that one joke about “the Germans” or getting rid of that statue of that one dude who while a pretty good guy once said that gay people were going to hell.

I feel like what is happening is that as the right moves further to the right the left moves further to the left and vice versa. Then there are those of us in the middle, I believe the silent majority who get called “right-wing” by the left and “libtards” by the right. Both groups have went so far that the middle ground now looks like an extreme to them.

Now yeah, racism is wrong, homophobia, wrong, sexism wrong, speaking out against Israel is anti-sematic and wrong…. or is it actually just a political view that some don’t like very much. It pains me to see how its falling into the modern lexicon that a “conspiracy theorist” is almost equated with a racist, it’s also frankly stupid when you look at the number of people across the political spectrum who believe in conspiracies of one kind or another.

As the far-left pushes harder against “hate speech” the far-right just ramps it up. It should not be a social taboo to say there are two genders regardless if one agrees or disagrees, just like it should not be a social taboo to call out Zionism or say, “I believe in aliens”, it shouldn’t be taboo to enjoy blazing saddles. The left needs to focus on the real far-right scum and not people who they basically disagree and the right needs to do the same, call out the far-right scum.

In fact, you could say that both groups need to meet in the centre ground, make our own ideology that calls both groups out for their crap and recognises that the extremes of both have become harmful and need stamped out for their crap.

Meh just some ramblings of a guy too many whiskys deep at this time on a Sunday.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I don't think there will be any moderation as long as one group thinks their candidate is anointed by God. Trump himself said he was the "chosen one"...

www.pewresearch.org... -policies/

religioninpublic.blog...

www.sfchronicle.com...

edit on 29-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Too many people believing all the MSM BS 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I was kinda hopin Covid was gonna wipe out a couple billion. There is still hope with all these yunguns coalescing on the beaches. Every single argument comes back to overpopulation.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Libertarian party is the place to be!

Smaller government means less waste too, and I like the freedoms I had when I was born, without a lot of the added bs lately.

edit on 29-6-2020 by cognizant420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Meh just some ramblings of a guy too many whiskys deep at this time on a Sunday.

I'm pretty sure it's Monday.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'm pretty sure it's Monday.

okay....am gonna stop drinking...

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Ill cut the crap even further for you:

The concern you have about a racist right is nothing but smoke and mirrors. Are there people like that? Sure. There are racists of all stripes. The reality is, however, that media makes it money amplifying the minority voice. So you have a perception of people ready to wear cloaks and burn crosses, when the reality is maybe a few thousands assholes nationwide feel this way.

There is rarely a silver bullet to fix problems. But in this instance, there actually is. Smith Mundt. With the repeal of Smith Mundt came the nightmare that we call "national politics" in the US. Will it miraculously fix everything overnight? No, because government has been allowed to lie and propagandize an entire generation. Its going to take awhile. But if we outlawed the ability of our government to lie to us, it would absolutely fix a large portion of what is going on today.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If you just admit Epstein killed himself and worked alone it will all end.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Dude its not smoke and mirrors, there are racists on the political right pretending that there isn't just makes you part of the problem.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Apparently, live and let live isn't good enough.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Of course there are racists on the right saying stuff. YOu know this because the media shows you the same footage of the same few assholes repeatedly. Its an amplified voice. Smoke and mirrors.

The vast overwhelming majority of Conservatives are actually displaced Libertarians. We don't care about skin color, hair color, any of that crap. All we care about is that you don't mess with us, and we won't mess with you. Live and let live. If you remove the evangelicals from the right, what you have left is libertarians that don't have a party.

Source: i live in the middle of Texas to a Mexican woman, have black neices, korean and japanese nieces and in laws....no one cares what race you are. The only things anyone cares about is being able to take care of their families.

Turn off the TV. Its skewing your perception of the people around you.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Ill cut the crap even further for you:

The concern you have about a racist right is nothing but smoke and mirrors. Are there people like that? Sure. There are racists of all stripes. The reality is, however, that media makes it money amplifying the minority voice. So you have a perception of people ready to wear cloaks and burn crosses, when the reality is maybe a few thousands assholes nationwide feel this way.

There's more than a few thousand white supremacist in Texas alone. Half of them are in Lubbock and Amirillo.

www.splcenter.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Apparently mr Brit your reading comprehension isn't up to snuff.

He said ' Are there people like that? Sure. There are racists of all stripes'

he goes on to say they are a minority. I can attest to that from personal experience growing up 'right' and in the military. i never met one like that . not one.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

There really isn't a chance for moderation, but not for the reasons that you cite.
There won't be moderation because of the end goals desired.
Once upon a time it was fairly well understood that Americans all wanted the same end result, they just disagreed about how to get there.
That's no longer the case, and it shows. We have groups that want completely different countries, or ideas of what the country should be. There really isn't any coming back from this, unless some extraordinary event brings people together in a unified front. Sadly, I don't even believe this is possible anymore

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I hate to discount sources...but the Southern Poverty Law Center? Really?

Did they gather this information via a door to door census? LOL

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

There really isn't a chance for moderation, but not for the reasons that you cite.
There won't be moderation because of the end goals desired.
Once upon a time it was fairly well understood that Americans all wanted the same end result, they just disagreed about how to get there.
That's no longer the case, and it shows. We have groups that want completely different countries, or ideas of what the country should be. There really isn't any coming back from this, unless some extraordinary event brings people together in a unified front. Sadly, I don't even believe this is possible anymore

I know, there are even people on ATS calling for a civil war. We know what Boogaloo means.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Lol
Even the FBI during the Obama Admin stopped using SPLC as a trusted source
I think you're on solid ground discounting them as a valid source

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Will you accept FBI statistics?

or will you trot out #19 again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Curious...do you know what "burn it all down" means?

Sounds like a different way of saying "boogaloo", doesn't it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join