It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

r/The_Donald has been removed from Reddit..and banned from Twitch

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

But the people in power mandating these views are white.
What will they do?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: HalWesten

a reply to: matafuchs

Trump owns entire media platforms. He isn't being silenced, just opposed.

Which ones? I found four TV shows. What networks or social media companies does he own?

And as for social media groups, you could consider The Tea Party and many other right-wing groups with a platform to be totally pro-Trump.

That is NOT what you said initially.

Now please tell me what media platforms he owns.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Remember when the news told us Bloomberg was the next president....hahahaha.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

originally posted by: Bluntone22

This is exactly why trump issued that executive order om social media.

No it's not.

Great rebuttal!

“ Such an order, which officials said was still being drafted and was subject to change, would make it easier for federal regulators to argue that companies like Facebook, Google, YouTube and Twitter are suppressing free speech when they move to suspend users or delete posts, among other examples.”

“ but the draft of the executive order, which refers to what it calls “selective censoring,” would allow the Commerce Department to try to refocus how broadly Section 230 is applied, and to let the Federal Trade Commission bulk up a tool for reporting online bias.”

www.nytimes.com...

Selective censoring is exactly what the executive order was about.
Now this will hit all kinds of lawsuits and if it’s legal will be a battle but it is still the main purpose of trumps action.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So I hate the Donald, like really don't like him, he is a total idiot who is unfit to be president.

BUT....

This is just getting messed up, even me, a uber liberal with some pretty progressive views looks at stuff like this and has to say its going too far. People should be aloud to voice opinions, hell, I want to argue with you about your opinion but I can't do that if they're just de-platforming anyone who says something that a minority of offended morons complain about so much that the opinion is just deleted.

If someone is being racist, then call them out, debate them, challenge them, shutting them up changes nothing. I believe racism stems from ignorance, to combat it you need to educate the racists over time you need to expose their views, almost humiliate them by letting them show the world what they are. Shutting them only only makes them more extreme, it doesn't fix the problem its just hides it, drives it underground where I would argue its more dangerous.

It pushes people to the corners of the web that are further to the right, it pushes them to the dangerous racists, the morons prepping fo race war and all that crap.

Liberals need to stop hitting the delate button on any opinion they don't like and start engaging and debating.

I just agreed with OSOTC on everything he said.

Get ready folks, The Rapture is next.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

This is exactly why trump issued that executive order om social media.

No it's not.

Great rebuttal!

“ Such an order, which officials said was still being drafted and was subject to change, would make it easier for federal regulators to argue that companies like Facebook, Google, YouTube and Twitter are suppressing free speech when they move to suspend users or delete posts, among other examples.”

“ but the draft of the executive order, which refers to what it calls “selective censoring,” would allow the Commerce Department to try to refocus how broadly Section 230 is applied, and to let the Federal Trade Commission bulk up a tool for reporting online bias.”

www.nytimes.com...

Selective censoring is exactly what the executive order was about.
Now this will hit all kinds of lawsuits and if it’s legal will be a battle but it is still the main purpose of trumps action.

It's a beauty isn't it.

It's simply the first step in taking away your net neutrality hidden in the theme of the day so you would comply. The clues you can find in the fact that both opposite parties that play out the sheeps want to change section 230.

Instead of promoting free speech as which it is sold to the sheeps now it will be "the tool" to take away your free speech.

Good luck with following your MSM sources though.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: chr0naut

To be fair Trump and Fox are on the outs. Fox's polls show Trump trailing behind Biden so clearly they're "fake news" now too.

To be fair, Trump's initial election wasn't on a wave of popularity.

It doesn't mean that Trump is being silenced in any way, just because he is banned off one, or a few, platforms. He is more 'in your face' and broadcast than any other person in America.

Why would they ban Trump when their ratings revolves around bashing him on 24/7 new cycle. And you only named two

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

it was dead for like 5 months even before this ,they removed all the mods and put in their own then limited posts to like i think 2 people?

originally it was over "threats against law enforcement" which was pretty much bull at the time more so if you go into any of the more popular left leaning subs with all the anti police sentiment going around

they have like 4 new subreddits but two are private and invite only

3 of them are still up i think the 4th one was getting ddosed earlier but a good deal of conservative forums getting nuked

the big purges started years ago against a bunch of subreddits ranging from different political views to some well outright screwed up subreddits that should probably not have been made in the first place (r jail bait and fat people hate for example of the latter) a few of the others taken down today were related to illegal activity (drug selling ones)

www.theverge.com... link on how the Donald was quarantined before the ban for pretty much months you couldnt find it on google unless you had it bookmarked

r/The_Donald has been censured for rule-breaking in the past. In 2016, Reddit CEO Steve Huffman said the site would hide some posts from the subreddit, preventing them from making it to the front page. But its political relevance and popularity have made it a difficult target. Huffman later called it “a small part of a large problem we face in this country — that a large part of the population feels unheard, and the last thing we’re going to do is take their voice away.”
so they changed the tune on that aspect and bluntly as the site was mostly dead at the time taking it down just gives trump some more ammo to use when he brings up conservative voices either being delisted by google or in this case their subreddits out right banned .

for a while james woods was banned from twitter over a quote from the tv show the wire/ralph waldo emmerson boundingintocomics.com...

Actor James Woods has responded to his ban on Twitter. The conservative actor was banned from the platform after quoting the television show The Wire. Woods wrote, “”If you try to kill the King, you better not miss.” #HangThemAll” The quote from The Wire paraphrases Ralph Waldo Emerson. Woods’ girlfriend Sara Miller revealed Twitter claims the tweet violated their “rules against abusive behavior.”
meanwhile if any one has spent any time on twitter you will be suprised what is actually allowed to stay up on a variety of topics

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don’t think many will disagree in regards to cancel culture being ridiculous. It’s just a game of whack-a-mole. A forum/subreddit/group gets dismantled, the members flock somewhere else to say the same sh!t. I’d have to assume with a higher degree of intensity due to the feeling of being shut out/down.

Hell, YouTubers who cracked a joke 10 years ago that is now offending people are shutting their channels down just because they don’t want to deal with the BS. Jenna Marbles stated it last week and while I don’t expect anyone here to know who she is, (my wife watches her videos), she’s a general YouTuber who’s made millions off her channel. Another one, Shane Dawson (my wife digs the YouTuber stuff) is getting called out for something and is suggesting he’s going to quit. These are multi-millionaires getting cancelled out....it’s only so long before the less-progressive ones start fighting back.

I can definitely see how one side’s reaction pushes the other in the opposite direction. It’s spoken about here regularly and the same goes for other places I discuss politics. I know some left-leaning people who were right-wing a couple years ago and jumped ship when Trump came along. I’ve seen numerous times on this forum, people saying that Trump won because of the left keeps going further to the left. I can understand that.

It’s rather annoying for someone like myself who sees both sides. For the most part, I agree with both sides on many points....and some are just foreign to me. I flip-flopped between giving myself a D or an R and now I’m settled on L because f*ck that noise. I find it hilarious every time I say something and someone calls me a libtard or a repugnantcan because it tells me that they just aren’t listening, only reacting. More than half the time, I don’t even post on ATS when I feel like it because it’s pointless....I’ll just get called a libtard and told to go to the MSM for my daily spoon feeding ....which is funny because I don’t watch the news or read many headlines.....if I do, I go in knowing full and well it’s slanted towards their bias. In relationship to Trump, I watch his addresses and follow him on Twitter. I won’t watch an edited address, I want to hear it all from his mouth alone. Not that that really helps much.

But yes. We need to find some common ground. There’s room for improvement on both sides, but ultimately, if the left is going to keep this cancel culture going, no one is going to bother putting their best foot forward. If someone made a mistake 10 years ago and they’re getting crucified for it now, after acknowledging their mistake and owning up to it, what’s the point? The left needs to give people a chance to make amends. And the right needs to realize that just because the economy is going good and there are jobs in to be had that life is 100% perfect.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i wont post snippits as were not suposed to quote other message boards but here is a comment chain from the new policy announcement from reddit

old.reddit.com... link to bulk of the comments that some how dont violate reddit policy from a reddit user with a funny username

i.redd.it... hoping his wife/gf gets murdered over a comment

imgur.com... wants to laugh when the gun owners get killed

the rest are posts that were taken down but R/politics a huge and mostly left leaning sub reddit has not been taken down and the bulk of the posts cited in the top link are stuff that is worse then even the worst stuff i saw on the donald when it existed yet its still around not quarantined or the truly heinous stuff said there ranging from hey lets stage a military coup to lets get rid of the entire middle of the country for not agreeing with us etc

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Liberals can't allow anyone with an opposing viewpoint to speak. They know they will lose. Only option is to ban it all.

Not just liberals. We're in the middle of a propaganda war world wide

Stars and Stripes is going away, there was just a kind of coup at Voice of America - both potentially pro Trump moves. It remains to be seen how that all plays out

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

"liberals" are nothing but the left foot.

Anyone trusting anyone who has held office is a fool.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's not hard to have an opinion - but these days it's getting harder to have an informed opinion :-)

It's a mess out there

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: StallionDuck

But the people in power mandating these views are white.
What will they do?

They're not white. They're liberals. lol

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Which media platforms? Not some fringe stuff. Name the big boys. I'm generally curious because I spoken to lots of leftist who claim they don't own 90% of the media

Faux News, Breitbart, and a whole stack who echo them. You know, news media that never say a single thing against the President and that search for excuses and justification for every slip up and lie Trump does, while also paying out on his opponents, real and imagined.

Trump owns Fox News? I'd like to see some proof of that.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
He doesn't
Its a lie
Typical

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Of you are going to defend the great white hope, at least pick a subject that matters to the people. Such as knowing that Russia offered bounties on American soldiers and not doing or saying anything about it. Try and defend the orange asshole for this without repeating his lies.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It was all fun and games at first eh, with all that triggering of liberals, branding media fake news, all that reeeeing, all that finger pointing and now he we are with the master troll being trolled with his own game.

Winning !

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53
Try defending the leaker of national security intelligence.

No big deal there?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: hoss53
Try defending the leaker of national security intelligence.

No big deal there?

Ask you not to quote tRumps lies. Don't you have a mind of your own. Oh wait tRump supporter, never mind.

edit on 29-6-2020 by hoss53 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join