It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

r/The_Donald has been removed from Reddit..and banned from Twitch

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. This has been a sub since 2015 and has been in the sights of those who oppose our president since.

Link

Reddit is banning one of its most notorious communities today, the subreddit—or forum—dedicated to discussion of President Donald Trump.

The ban comes after years of controversy around r/The_Donald and its promotion of racism, anti-Semitism, conspiracy theories, and violent memes starring a cartoon frog.

The silencing of the average person in the US is continuing.

I can still go out to r/iamatotalpieceof# and read about how BLM is great though and I shouldn't protest.

Link

or here is another good one....

Link

Racism does exist folks but it is not about skin color anymore. It is about your beliefs....

UPDATE - and it seems that he has always been suspended from TWITCH for 'hateful conduct'...

Link
edit on Junpm30pmf0000002020-06-29T12:54:09-05:001209 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This is the new world.

Loreal is even taking "whitening, lightening" from their products because they deem it racist. Their own product!

Soon... I say this in jest but nervously so... Being white will be a criminal act before long.

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Liberals can't allow anyone with an opposing viewpoint to speak. They know they will lose. Only option is to ban it all.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Reddit has an angry mob of progressives just waiting to destroy any conservative on reddit. All it took was one mess up and they'd be banned.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Anybody heard what happened to Dr. Disrespect yet?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Kind of ironic a subreddit famous for censoring and banning people gets, you know, censored and banned.

You are what you eat.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

reddit sucks anyway for the most part, but you should point out that they are banning over 2000 forums they deem to endorse hate speech. Link to slashdot story here

Ironically I feel the BLM movement promotes hate and supremacy but I doubt they will be removing those forums.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

This is exactly why trump issued that executive order om social media.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So I hate the Donald, like really don't like him, he is a total idiot who is unfit to be president.

BUT....

This is just getting messed up, even me, a uber liberal with some pretty progressive views looks at stuff like this and has to say its going too far. People should be aloud to voice opinions, hell, I want to argue with you about your opinion but I can't do that if they're just de-platforming anyone who says something that a minority of offended morons complain about so much that the opinion is just deleted.

If someone is being racist, then call them out, debate them, challenge them, shutting them up changes nothing. I believe racism stems from ignorance, to combat it you need to educate the racists over time you need to expose their views, almost humiliate them by letting them show the world what they are. Shutting them only only makes them more extreme, it doesn't fix the problem its just hides it, drives it underground where I would argue its more dangerous.

It pushes people to the corners of the web that are further to the right, it pushes them to the dangerous racists, the morons prepping fo race war and all that crap.

Liberals need to stop hitting the delate button on any opinion they don't like and start engaging and debating.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Seems like it has been dead silent on that topic. I havent heard anything new but this should probably be in a thread of its own.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Liberals can't allow anyone with an opposing viewpoint to speak. They know they will lose. Only option is to ban it all.

100% truth.
And yet they claim Conservatives are like Nazis.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

And it wasnt just the Donald that got banned it was a massive purge of mostly right leaning subreddits
edit on 29-6-2020 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

This is exactly why trump issued that executive order om social media
a reply to: Bluntone22

But where is the action?! people are still being silenced,censored, banned, demonetized, blocked

Its still happening!!

This is the number 1 issue

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So I hate the Donald, like really don't like him, he is a total idiot who is unfit to be president.

BUT....

This is just getting messed up, even me, a uber liberal with some pretty progressive views looks at stuff like this and has to say its going too far. People should be aloud to voice opinions, hell, I want to argue with you about your opinion but I can't do that if they're just de-platforming anyone who says something that a minority of offended morons complain about so much that the opinion is just deleted.

If someone is being racist, then call them out, debate them, challenge them, shutting them up changes nothing. I believe racism stems from ignorance, to combat it you need to educate the racists over time you need to expose their views, almost humiliate them by letting them show the world what they are. Shutting them only only makes them more extreme, it doesn't fix the problem its just hides it, drives it underground where I would argue its more dangerous.

It pushes people to the corners of the web that are further to the right, it pushes them to the dangerous racists, the morons prepping fo race war and all that crap.

Liberals need to stop hitting the delate button on any opinion they don't like and start engaging and debating.

I don’t agree with a lot that you write on ATS and that’s fine. I am sure you don’t agree with much that I have said in my short time here ( I lurked for well over a decade).

What you wrote above I do agree with and thanks!

I have a lot of left leaning friends. They are easy to be friends with because we give each other the respect deserved for our differing opinions and understand that we have a right to differ.

If we all had the same maturity that you displayed in your post the world would be in a lot better shape right now.

Star for you

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Of course. Their leaders cant speak coherently, sooo...

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Reddit "we need to hire a black person, who cares about finding the best person for the job". The Donald was dead for months now, members of that subreddit made a look alike reddit to get away from the censorship. thedonald.win...

Reddit continues to allows hate and racism towards white people all over the place. They allow a subreddit that won't allow you to post unless your skin is the right color.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Not that I like it but Reddit's users are the anti ATS. Just on a larger scale.
Not a fan that any speech is combed over and censored. We should all have a platform and accept the consequences for it. Looking at you Facebook and most of social media (Our downfall).
If it's online it's in history forever.
Make informed decisions for yourself.
Social media

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

That was just stupid.

I am quitting my job as a white man because I believe a black man should do it.

Its racist on so many levels.

firstly you're being racist in saying only a black man can do my job and a white man can't.

Secondly you're saying "you only managed to get this job because your black"

Its racist whatever way you look at it.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Trump owns entire media platforms. He isn't being silenced, just opposed.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Man, have you see some of the stuff that gets posted (and not actioned) in that sub?

They probably should have quarantined it and left it, but its not really a very good sub for people who aren't bigots.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join