It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activist Gary Chambers took on Schools Board Members over Robert E Lee

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
youtu.be...
Pls klik^^ here, I'm transit using an oldtimey IPhone.
So this vid above is about a wks old, still I haven't heard of this incident before, he took on one Connie Bernard, a board member over her blatant disrespect of a meeting by doing online shopping, he also had a few choice words for other board members, before giving a very good history lesson on why Robert E Lee's name should be dropped from a certain school.
Btw how messed up it is in a majority?? or close to a majority , "Black" school system, that the descendants of Slaves have to pay homage to one who enslaved their great grandparents, and a brutal one at that.
Pls klik^^ the link provided..looking fwd to your comments.

edit on 29-6-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   
When you think about it, the disrespects runs deep, hell it gave birth to the Sisters of the Confederacy, which is the organization responsible for a vast majority of the statues of lost, their hatred ran that deep.

Burn it all down. Uncle Ben, Aunt Pancakes, and the Cream of the Wheat dude.

Rip it all up. Never going to be able to move forward as long as this anchor drags this country down.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie
Hey cenpuppie , I'm sending you this link, below, this dude lays it all out for everyone and anyone with just a lil bit of brain activitie can understand, this will not work with the intellectually dishonest tho.
youtu.be...
So here goes it's an 1hr 50 min.
so reserve some downtime, but very educational , as you know I like to find historical stuff out, so I double checked some of what he's saying and he's on point, not only that he was prophetic as hell, as this was done in 2017, but seemed like he could have made it yesterday.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Gen Lee could have ran with a Gorilla War and killed many. Even destroyed buildings....back when buildings mattered

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson
Gorilla War??? was that a typo or tongue in cheek.
If not...Guerrilla war..is what you are looking for, not being judgy I'm prone to fkup spelling all the time.
But that's what he was kinda doing??... they even had irregular types conducting asymmetrical warfare.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
youtu.be...
Pls klik^^ here, I'm transit using an oldtimey IPhone.
So this vid above is about a wks old, still I haven't heard of this incident before, he took on one Connie Bernard, a board member over her blatant disrespect of a meeting by doing online shopping, he also had a few choice words for other board members, before giving a very good history lesson on why Robert E Lee's name should be dropped from a certain school.
Btw how messed up it is in a majority?? or close to a majority , "Black" school system, that the descendants of Slaves have to pay homage to one who enslaved their great grandparents, and a brutal one at that.
Pls klik^^ the link provided..looking fwd to your comments.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Absolute foolishness to fight over something that happened 150 years ago. We have more pressing matters to attend to.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
You should cry more.

No seriously, cry more maybe you'll get what you want.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Absolute foolishness to fight over something that happened 150 years ago. We have more pressing matters to attend to.

Isn't it absolute foolishness to keep ignoring and defending racist things during a time of racial distress?

Yes, there are more pressing concerns but people defending robert e lee and turning this into news are tge ones slowing down progress. Not the one's calling them out for it.....

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
You should cry more.

No seriously, cry more maybe you'll get what you want.

Great input. Bravo.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Ok. Maybe the solution is to rename all schools that have confederate names for a Republican gun owner. Harriet Tubman.
Then there is that other Republican, Martin King.

The Democratic party is the historical perpetuator of slavery. The Republican party was founded in 1854 to abolish slavery and the first black representatives to Congress were Republicans. Democrats founded the KKK and marched at Democratic conventions in the 1920's during a resurgence of the KKK. They targeted all of us immigrants in addition to the black population. They burned crosses in my family's neighborhood and threated everyone. Then some powerful friends hinted that they should stop bothering people by beating the local KKK boss and his assistants. No more burning crosses after that.
No there is a myth that the "Parties Changed Sides" or some such. They never did and the verbal contortions of the Dems are without merit.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Whats that baby? WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!?

You what? You want me to call you a WAHHHHHHHHHHmbulance?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Sayz you of little understanding, but quick of your in your casual dismissals of your fellow darker skinned American POV ,without proper inquiry.
edit on 29-6-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Ok. Maybe the solution is to rename all schools that have confederate names for a Republican gun owner. Harriet Tubman.
Then there is that other Republican, Martin King.

Not in disagreement with any of the above instead I could recommend many others, cuz , this is not about which party was the party of racist POS SHTS!..back in the day...Vs today ... in my Fukem all attitude POV in my current state of mind.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Solving today's problems would require creativity. These people are not creative. All they know is hate, fear, and destruction. They know that they will never amount to anything in life. They will never create a work of art. They will never graduate first in their class at West Point or any other institute of higher learning. They will never contribute anything of value to the human race. All they can hope for is to bring the human race down to their level.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Isn't it absolute foolishness to keep ignoring and defending racist things during a time of racial distress?

Yes, there are more pressing concerns but people defending robert e lee and turning this into news are tge ones slowing down progress. Not the one's calling them out for it.....

Man, i could give 2 rips about anything confederacy. Honestly. Im a Texan, not a southerner.

But Jesus if it doesn't make my brain hurt watching arguments like this.

A couple generations back after the Civil War ended, the Reconstruction era began. Rich southerners paid out their ass for the war, while poor southerners continued to suffer as they always had. The south paid its price. So much so, that some of the most economically depressed areas in the country trace right back to it. Part of the agreement was that Southern soldiers would get full honors as Americans. Today, that agreement is being reneged on. Which, i could care less about. But it seems to me that the south paid in Reconstruction, and if the deal is going to be renegotiated, it should be done so with Northern wallets open.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Honestly, I understand one thing: the sins of 150 years ago cannot be rehashed over and over again. Ever try that with marriage? Every time you get upset, you drag up stuff that happened in the past? At least with that, you can say it actually happened to you and not people who have long since died.

Will you think i am being insensitive? Probably. For that I am sorry. But I will not hand wring over what someone elses relatives did to another someone's relatives 150 years ago, especially when my family was still be run out of towns throughout Europe as Romani Gypsy.

And I guess thats my issue: we all have historical axes to grind. But we don't all have to be diminutive enough to actually grind those axes.

Ill tell you: in government there is a higher ratio of elected leaders than we have in the population at large. This not only speaks volumes against the racism that is alleged, it also speaks volumes to the complete lack of effort that other black people have given to improving any perceived condition issues. If the people who have the experience of living it daily don't seem inclined to do anything, what do you expect from the rest of the country?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Robert E Lee was opposed to slavery, just so you know.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Why remove Uncle Ben, Aunt Jemima, and Cream of Wheat? Those labels brought tons of money to the people on those labels. You're not just taking away their money, you're taking it away from their family. Nice move.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Sayz you of little understanding, but quick of your in your casual dismissals of your fellow darker skinned American POV ,without proper inquiry.

That's rich.... You're complaining about a guy who was opposed to slavery. But hey, it's old history so it's gotta go, just like Lincoln and Roosevelt. Right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join