It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump thanked 'great people' shown in Twitter video in which a man chants 'white power'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This is great. You have to watch the video. 🤣

(CNN)President Donald Trump on Sunday morning widely shared a video he said is from the Villages, a retirement community in Florida, in which a man driving a golf cart with Trump campaign posters is seen chanting "white power."

The President retweeted the video that showed the community's Trump supporters and anti-Trump protesters arguing with one another. The President thanked the "great people" shown in the video.

"Thank you to the great people of The Villages. The Radical Left Do Nothing Democrats will Fall in the Fall. Corrupt Joe is shot. See you soon!!" he wrote in the tweet. Roughly three hours later, the tweet no longer appeared in Trump's timeline.
"President Trump is a big fan of the Villages. He did not hear the one statement made on the video. What he did see was tremendous enthusiasm from his many supporters," White House deputy press secretary Judd Deere said in a statement.

Before the tweet was deleted, South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott, the only Black senator in the Republican conference, said on Sunday that the video retweeted by the President was offensive and "indefensible."
"There's no question. He should not have retweeted and he should just take it down," Scott said on CNN's "State of the Union" with Jake Tapper.

www.cnn.com...

Continuosly shooting himself in the foot. I swear, if the man would stay off of twitter his approval rating and percentage chance of re-election would go up. 🤣

Whether you're for him or not, can we agree that his liberal use of twitter has done nothing but cause problems for him? Picture it.. the past 4 years with Trump barely tweeting. He would've done much better and the left wouldn't be nearly as galvanized.

It's all been used against him in the court of public opinion. How many formerly potential swing voters will not vote for him because they don't like his personality, the things he says on twitter?
edit on 28-6-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Bet that guy is voting for trump...

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Obviously Democrat operatives knew Trump would be there on a schedule and they planted an agent 🤣🚬

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel
He would've done so much better and the left wouldn't be nearly as galvanized.

That kinda makes it sound like the left isn't galvanized by policy or facts, but by Trump posting on social media.

Seems as though the problem here isn't Trump posting on Twitter but rather a failure for the left to have anything worth being excited over or any policy positions that people care about.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

The things he says in public never mind on Twitter leaves a lot to be desired.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I'll bet any money that fella was put there by anti-trumpers as a propoganda piece.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Something tells me he did it out of spite because of her sign...

Poor choice of sarcasm, though.
edit on 28-6-2020 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I’ve been saying that for a couple years.
The democrats strategy is yelling “trump sucks!”..

It didn’t work in 2016 and it won’t work in 2020.
Tell us why your side is better.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
He use of Social Media is exactly what's appealing.

I said this in a other thread, I really don't see how you think him engaging in Social Media is "shooting" himself in the foot? What, a video with old people fighting and ONE(1) dude chanting? Oh noes it's all over.

You say, "public court of opinion", yet despite even small mistakes and zero relevancy gaffs, HE HAS NEVER BEEN RATIOED, a social media pulse for those savvy enough to understand.
Nancy Pelosis, AOC, Omar, Ted Lieu, Schumer these people have been ratioed on Social Media at least once as a result of, "public court of opinion". So, according to your metric, Trumps still good.

I don't think you have a good grasping of the current events to proclaim anything as such in regards to Trumps use of Social Media, it works and his message read.

How else do y'all get your news???

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
How many Trump supporters does it take to change a light bulb?

None, Trump just says it’s fixed and the rest of them sit in the dark and applaud.

Cue the Cult of Trump apologist

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Obviously Democrat operatives knew Trump would be there on a schedule and they planted an agent 🤣🚬

Yes, Dem operatives baited him with "white power," which he then retweeted.

Of course.

Because he's a super genius with the best brain. Or simply a dumbass. And racist.
edit on 28-6-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I'll bet any money that fella was put there by anti-trumpers as a propoganda piece.

and yet Mr Trump still posted it???

whether it was a planted video, psy op, deep state or deep fake, Mr Trump had no issue posting it to his 82million fans, can that part be easily explained, did AOC hack his twitter or Delusional Nancy or Slow Joe???

The fact remains he posted it

Trump deletes tweet of video with 'white power' chant, WH says president did not hear it - Fox news link just in case fake newz

Not sarcasm this time just a bit of deafness from age maybe?
edit on 28-6-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: link

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Whether you're for him or not, can we agree that his liberal use of twitter has done nothing but cause problems for him? Picture it.. the past 4 years with Trump barely tweeting. He would've done much better and the left wouldn't be nearly as galvanized.

What most folks don't realize is that President Trump is an actual Third Party candidate. The Left hates him, because he is off-narrative (blaming everything the left is doing on the right ... the friggin' hypocrisy). The right doesn't much care for him because he 'smells' like a lefty.

How many formerly potential swing voters will not vote for him because they don't like his personality, the things he says on twitter?

The left might have this coming election. Biden as a candidate isn't much of a threat ... and subsequently ... the left may 'lure' the Silent Majority into staying home. Let his party choose a polarizing 'replacement' and it might be game-on (worse than 2016 ... with a full sweep). Am gonna be LMAO if President Trump gets two more SCOTUS picks because the left couldn't control themselves (again).
edit on 2862020 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

...and? It was removed, done deal.

What? Did you think it had some polarization effect? Can you link the riots and looting as a result?

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

He would've done so much better and the left wouldn't be nearly as galvanized.

Seems as though the problem here isn't Trump posting on Twitter but rather a failure for the left to have anything worth being excited over or any policy positions that people care about.

Then trump should have left the tweet up and not taken it down. Knowing trump supports "white power" would probably get him a few more votes.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

No I am not trying to link it to already existing riots but maybe he should think before he tweets and set an example of unity as opposed to division, he is and has been leader for 3 years now, I doubt something like this helps the current plight, but as the riots had already begun that is not the issue, its not a great look to his fellow world leaders, I wonder if any other world leaders have made such a faux pas?

Trump "did you hear that he said take a shower"

Melania "no darling he said white power"

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

He didn't hear it because Nancy Pelosi left a loud voicemail at the same time !!

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

It's CNN, it was added during editing.
2nd.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech
Something tells me he did it out of spite because of her sign...

Poor choice of sarcasm, though.

something tells me he did what he did , because of who he is, her sign be damned.
edit on 28-6-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
If Trump was a racist, he would have crashed the economy long before Democrats used the C19 crisis to do it !!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join