It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theories, speculation and evidence within the ATS UFO forum

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: IsaacKoi

I think id generally post something even if there is like 10% , because someone else on ATS may know more or have more info than you.

Giving it more thought, I would use something like this, or do you think the information would be interesting to others?

As long as you think the information would have an audience, specifically if you saw someone post similar ideas, would you be interested? There are some people in the forum looking for absolute white house landing proof, Im not sure why they even bother posting at all, but I wouldnt worry about that crowd.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think we'd have an easier time trying to prove God, or a Grand Unified Theoety of Everything that they wont start over again...an again...

Science an Technology can be living testaments, but saying that the impossible, with efficiency can be done requires showmanship. As for Gov,'s Aut, ABC's, just follow the trail of bread crumbs, and tell your friends.

Then there mythology and folklore make great psychological thrillers an bed time stories.
edit on 30-6-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   

This thread and the one today from SO got me thinking: "maybe we should go all out again and hit a modern unsolved UAP/UFO case and see if we can tear it apart to get some answers before this whole site is lost"
edit on 1-7-2020 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There’s a lot of things to consider in this question.

One is that in science, a theory is very different from a theory of speculative possibilities in something like UFOlogy.

In science, they require strong evidence even for any theory to be legitimate.

The question I would ask Issakoi is, what theory in Ufology anywhere is their compelling evidence for its veracity?

edit on 1-7-2020 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I took a 4k video of 2 strange objects and sent the video to a number of sources in the UFO community, never heard a single thing back, deleted the video and never spoke about it.

I'm convinced everyone else is NPC's

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Also, there was a process whereby digital photos were taken into a steep angle of sun and shade that would reveal floaty things in the sky. Any recall of these? If ATS is to be buried, there's a certain knowledge base I'd like to see preserved.

Are you thinking of Jose Escamilla and Rods?

www.roswellrods.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

This thread and the one today from SO got me thinking: "maybe we should go all out again and hit a modern unsolved UAP/UFO case and see if we can tear it apart to get some answers before this whole site is lost"

I've tried that here...the only thing that was "torn apart" was me. And, none of that on any valid grounds, never any attempt to understand the processes used in the analysis of the data, or the data collection. Never mind complete ignorance and disregard of the data sources.

My experience here actually indicates that there are none with the ability, and possibly, the true desire to analyze data of this type with an open mind.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Trying to force proof of UFOs, It’s like trying to force evidence of a belief in God.

A lost cause as everything stands now.

Maybe if the reality behind UFOs decides to expose itself, then that is another matter and can change the present focus from theory to reality.

I don't believe it depends on our angle or perspective since we’ve tried a lot of things and, so far, no certainty has been attained.

The very fact of the elusiveness of UFOs is downplayed. IMO it should be seen as a phenomenon in itself—their elusiveness.

We very arrogantly assume we can do this or do that and then UFOs will be exposed and understood.
Not necessarily the case.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

how about the Russian Phobos probe and that cylindrical shaped object it captured ?

isnt that good enough evidence of something unidentified and in space ?
captured by our earth based space administrations no less

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Also, there was a process whereby digital photos were taken into a steep angle of sun and shade that would reveal floaty things in the sky. Any recall of these? If ATS is to be buried, there's a certain knowledge base I'd like to see preserved.
Are you thinking of Jose Escamilla and Rods?
www.roswellrods.com...

I recall photos taken and sketches made that utilised the gable of a house to shoot from the shade into the sun light. I don't recall them as rods, but it might have been an earlier incarnation of that inquiry. Appreciate the thought, though.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Ancient Aliens: Space Angels (Season 11, Episode 12) | History

Excuse the AA theme but I liked this story. Don't know what it means but it sounds interesting.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Willtell

how about the Russian Phobos probe and that cylindrical shaped object it captured ?

isnt that good enough evidence of something unidentified and in space ?
captured by our earth based space administrations no less

No. It was a processing artifact from the imager.
High resolution version of that photo:
link

Another pic of Phobos showing similar artifacts:
link

Harte

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: sapien82

Ancient Aliens: Space Angels (Season 11, Episode 12) | History

Excuse the AA theme but I liked this story. Don't know what it means but it sounds interesting.

So did David Koresh.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trying to force proof of UFOs, It’s like trying to force evidence of a belief in God.

A lost cause as everything stands now.

Maybe if the reality behind UFOs decides to expose itself, then that is another matter and can change the present focus from theory to reality.

I don't believe it depends on our angle or perspective since we’ve tried a lot of things and, so far, no certainty has been attained.

The very fact of the elusiveness of UFOs is downplayed. IMO it should be seen as a phenomenon in itself—their elusiveness.

We very arrogantly assume we can do this or do that and then UFOs will be exposed and understood.
Not necessarily the case.

Well if the whole planet would play dead and they came out to clean the cage that might be something we could try....

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

How much evidence should you have before presenting a theory for something in the UFO forum?

ATS is an eclectic soundboard of the UFO/Alien community, and as such, must be given some latitude in judgments about integrity as expressed via disparate postings in our oh-so-diverse -village of enthusiasts, experts, trolls, wannabes, and various hangers-on.

We have much in common – an insatiable inquisitiveness about the topic if nothing else. We can also be fiercely individualistic while pretending to be pseudo-sociable, a complex balancing act of emotions and behaviors loosely connected to often disputable, incongruent “facts” – many of which are continuously and dynamically under personal re-interpretation.

In some areas of the UFO forum, I think it’s perfectly acceptable to toss a bit more speculative ideas to the ATS winds. Depending on the mood, purpose, history, reputation, etc. of the OP, the thread can take quite a series of odd-angle turns -but so what? It’s an open forum. People have ideas, opinions, speculations they would like to share. Maybe they saw a UFO in a dream, or a “friend” encountered something they didn’t understand. You may have a literary artist, journalist, researcher, or government agent fishing for sentiment, inspiration, disposition of the UFO-crowd. There is some wonderful UFO/Alien fiction on ATS (or used to be), admittedly identified as such -cool puzzles and contests even!

So no, evidence is not ALWAYS required nor made explicit in a socio-forum like this. This is not a peer-reviewed scholarly publication. It’s barely visible to the mainstream of humanity. And let’s be honest – those that are serious and interested in the topic have few “official” or “accepted” venues to explore their ideas – or share them without ridicule (which is still overabundant on ATS as well).

YET: there is always the cadre of pros and semi-pros, Isaac among them, on whom we can count for laying it all out and doing the due diligence we’ve come to admire, respect, and, frankly, am occasionally awestruck by. The amount of time and energy some put in to plan, organize, design, compile, edit, and post their mini-masterpieces is mind-boggling. Some of you guys should be getting paid! Are you? No matter – I’m certain I speak for many here that we certainly appreciate all you do: it’s free, high-quality UFO-education for us…

So the bottom line is, the query: “How much evidence...” requires a quantified response. There is no right answer. Some posts, threads, discussions engender fact-checking, evidence-verification (or at least bona fide attempts), a bit tighter scrutiny, and a healthy, but not dismissive air of skepticism along with our insatiable “hope” for the truth…

Other threads and postings in the UFO forum can and should be allowed a bit of freedom to share an idea, opinion, or yes, even a theory, with little or even no evidence at all. As long as the poster is mutually-respectful, not dishonest, and from all intents, sincere – leave them alone. Let them post their theories. As silly, spontaneous, or thoroughly contemplated – but sans evidence they may be. Most of the theorists-without-evidence mean no harm (with some exceptions). They need a platform too.

Besides, for those of us trying to get the Big Picture – we need all the inputs available. The theorists-without-evidence are also a measurable quantity…

Keep searching, friends...

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jimy718

it might have been how it was presented. PM me a link to the thread and I'll see if I can help.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

awww what , well that sucks , thought it was unexplained well you learn something new every day

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

awww what , well that sucks , thought it was unexplained well you learn something new every day

Practically all the still unexplained cases I've seen (and remember - I don't do the UFO thing so that's not many) remain unexplained because there's not enough information about them for an explanation. Another good reason for me not to waste my time on the subject. I mean, I can read the debunks here from people that are FAR more well-versed in the subject matter.

Sometimes I'll look at a case someone has posted though.

Harte

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It looks to me that you havent done your homework before joining the ufo field. Which begs the question why are you here? I dont #ing eat vegetables yet i dont go to vegetarian restaurants yelling "hey you arent eating properly". Thats what you do. All is misindifications to you yet here you are. Do your homework before joining the ufo fray son

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: PHDIKOULAS

It looks to me that you havent done your homework before joining the ufo field.

Haven't joined.

originally posted by: PHDIKOULASWhich begs the question why are you here?

Because I already roasted and ate all the true believers in the Ancient and Lost Civilizations forum.

originally posted by: PHDIKOULASI dont #ing eat vegetables yet i dont go to vegetarian restaurants yelling "hey you arent eating properly".

How you eat is your business. But, now that you bring it up, we were debating whether or not someone should say something to you about your manners.

originally posted by: PHDIKOULAS
Thats what you do. All is misindifications to you yet here you are. Do your homework before joining the ufo fray son

I don't think I'm young enough to be your son. I wish I were.

Younger, that is, not your son.

I wonder if you can read. If so, read what I wrote and despair at the ignorance you just displayed.

Harte

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join