It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid 19 & Your Mental Health

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
As always I recommend reading the full BBC Future article because that's some horror story only life can write.

It attacks your brain

“They were extremely agitated, and many had neurological problems – mainly confusion and delirium,” she says. “We are used to having some patients in the ICU who are agitated and require sedation, but this was completely abnormal. It has been very scary, especially because many of the people we treated were very young – many in their 30s and 40s, even an 18-year-old.”

Helms and her colleagues published a small study in the New England Journal of Medicine documenting the neurological symptoms in their Covid-19 patients, ranging from cognitive difficulties to confusion. All are signs of “encephalopathy” (the general term for damage to the brain) – a trend that researchers in Wuhan had noticed in coronavirus patients there in February...

...considered to be a respiratory disease, can also wreak havoc on the kidneys, liver, heart, and just about every organ system in the body....

....“We are facing a secondary pandemic of neurological disease.”

...In Japan, researchers reported the case of a 24-year-old man who was found unconscious on the floor in a pool of his own vomit. He experienced generalised seizures while being rushed to hospital. An MRI scan of his brain revealed acute signs of viral meningitis (inflammation of the brain), and a lumbar puncture detected Sars-CoV-2 in his cerebrospinal fluid. Chinese researchers also found traces of the virus in the cerebrospinal fluid of a 56-year-old male patient suffering from severe encephalitis. And in a post-mortem examination of a Covid-19 patient in Italy, researchers detected viral particles in the endothelial cells lining the blood vessels of the brain itself. In some countries such as France, autopsies of Covid-19 patients are highly restricted (or outright banned), making the Italian finding all the more important – and concerning.

In fact, some scientists now suspect that the virus causes respiratory failure and death not through damage to the lungs but through damage to the brainstem, the command centre that ensures we continue to breathe even when unconscious....

In France, Helms knows better than almost anyone how intense the neurological impacts can be. We needed to delay her interview with the BBC after one of her Covid-19 patients – who was discharged from the hospital two months ago, but is still suffering from viral fatigue and severe depression – required urgent consultation for suicidal risk. And that patient is not unique – she has seen many people in similar states of distress.

“She is confused, she cannot walk, and she just wants to die, it’s really awful,” says Helms. “She’s only 60, but she has said to me ‘Covid has killed me’ – meaning it has killed her brain. She just doesn’t want anything more in life.

“This has been especially difficult because we don’t know how to prevent this damage in the first place. We just don’t have any treatments that will prevent any damage to the brain.”

Or maybe this is the crucial quote

Patients who exhibit symptoms should be moved into interventional trials, such as of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI) anti-depressants or beta interferons (naturally-occurring proteins often administered as drugs for conditions such as multiple sclerosis) to mitigate the damage and prevent further long-term effects. But this simply isn’t being done, he says: “What really bugs me is that every health trust in the UK is looking at the symptoms of Covid – but nobody is looking at the neurological mechanisms, such as the amount of serotonin in the brain.”

Put the whole public on those drugs as preventive measures and nobody will ever protest anything ever again.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It almost sounds like sluggish schizophrenia, right?

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

No.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Rage virus?

Great, more reason for big pharma to pay Docs to push GARBAGE on people. I was a lab rat for 36 years of my life and I can tell you that crap ruins your brain, doing more harm than good. Wish I could quantify it and grab a lawyer and get paid for what its done to me. For some people with a "natural" brain imbalance, it can certainly help, but there are more holistic ways to treat depression, especially if that depression is of the 'without'(not stemmed by chemical imbalance) kind.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Being intubated while awake by people in masks, and then put on a ventilator against your will is enough to have lasting psychological effects.
What terrifies me the most about all this is that it is all un seen, even by people who loose people.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I said from the very start that this 'Thing' embeds itself/hides itself in the nervous system.
I compared it to the way cyanide attacks and attaches itself to the nervous system.
The olfactory membrane is the only place in the human body where the central nervous system is exposed or in direct contact with the external environment.

Thank you for posting.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

This is definitely worth a read.
I had heard the virus may be crossing the brain-blood barrier, but this article goes into detail in a manner easier to understand than the more medical articles I had seen.

Check your PM

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

PM for you.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I read some where that the long term use "3/4 weeks" use of the drugs needed to keep someone on a ventilator is really not good for people. Patients can also develop PTSD in ICU settings.
I would imagine a few people would consider a DNR order.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Im still rather convinced that The Virus is just being used to cover up the damage that has been inflicted on the general population for years.

Its slowly been coming to a head anyway, and doing it in this context serves multiple purposes.

Everything from the rise of ideopathic illnesses (hard to find numbers on..) to the impacts of the MindVirus, dopamine/extreme emotion addiction, EMFs, diminishing nutrients in our food supply, pharmaceuticals, vaccine dependency, poisoning from infrastructure (like Flint, MI), even just basic stress levels.

Further, novel pathogens (and even longer term ones) frequently result in cytokine storms. Which, "coincidentally" are made significantly more likely from many of the factors listed above. A judicious exploration will find that some of them directly impact the blood-brain barrier.

I certainly wouldnt be surprised if some of these issues are created by something entirely different than a typical pathogen altogether. Since everything is viewed in context of SARS-CoV-2 though, and the PCR tests are absolute garbage in diagnostic application to begin with, many will never even think in that direction. Much less explore it.. And even if they do, everything is tainted by pushing the most "out-there" explanations to the forefront through everything from censorship (ironically) to the media shaping the stuff we are supposed to dismiss.

The thing about cytokine storms is that they can present in a staggering amount of ways, but tend to be addressed through more universal terms. And, compromising immune response through decades of "work" would get people really upset. Gotta redirect all that in a vague, catch-all direction that wont actually yield any answers. Enter: The Virus.
edit on 28-6-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

No.

Yes.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

No.

Yes.

No.

Delirium due to brain damage and psychosis due to schizophrenia are different.
edit on 0000006053965America/Chicago28 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Call me crazy LOL but Im a little distrustful of any info on COVID from the medical community. Not the Doctors, Nurses and staff on the frontline but the administrators and lobbyists. Let's face COVID is where the dollars will come from easily for the immediate future. I know it's anecdotal but had to spend 8 hours in an emergency room recently, north of Atlanta, asked everyone I came in contact how it's been these last 3 months? The consensus those with chronic conditions and the elderly were the overwhelming majority of patients. Even those cases dropped off significantly the past month, Like the guy taking me to the CT scan said, initially it could have swamped the system, but once they got the protocols down, they got better at triage. More anecdotal evidence the emergency 200 beds. at the GWCC in Atlanta is being relocated south to Milledgeville Ga. why you may ask? cause it was never used. All this in a state that reopened as early as any other

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
You crazy, you should see a professional.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Maybe Ahyawasca will stop it in its tracks..?Ya gotta cross the blood/brain barrier to do that right?
edit on 28-6-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Maybe Ahyawasca will stop it in its tracks..?Ya gotta cross the blood/brain barrier to do that right?

Feeling confused and depressed, ask your doctor about dmt.

You will certainly gain some perspective on 'crazy'
edit on 0000006064866America/Chicago28 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345

No.

Yes.

No.

Sigh. I guess there's no point in conspiracy talk on this conspiracy forum anymore.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345

No.

Yes.

No.

Sigh. I guess there's no point in conspiracy talk on this conspiracy forum anymore.

Please don't stop on my account. I am eager to hear your theory.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Continuing on with my little story so, I was at the ER bad vertigo and tinnitus in my left ear.They do all sorts of tests blood work EKG, CAT scan etc. LOL so I asked the guy who looked like he brought back the most patients how the patients have been. He said people were freaking a little bit, LOL more so than normal cause sometimes people freak in the ER regardless. He said though what do you expect to lock the population indoors take away their jobs and income, take away their distractions sports movies tv, bombard them with stories of death and dying from a pandemic, sooner or later any minor health situation freaks them out. He said especially people who live alone, like the elderly sometimes. Most are going to be okay but they have had to constantly reassure people that they didn't need hospitalization for example

Back to my situation so they say it's likely Meniere's disease and when I finally talk to the ENT the next week, he says like a lot of illnesses it can be brought on by stress and almost everybody is getting double and triple doses of stress and it's constant and can be all-consuming and extremely hard to shut down, ie the stress is likely causing more anxiety and mental issues as anything else. So even if I'm not feeling the stress it's likely there in my subconscious. Makes sense to me...

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=25274008]

Or maybe this is the crucial quote

Patients who exhibit symptoms should be moved into interventional trials, such as of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI) anti-depressants or beta interferons (naturally-occurring proteins often administered as drugs for conditions such as multiple sclerosis) to mitigate the damage and prevent further long-term effects. But this simply isn’t being done, he says: “What really bugs me is that every health trust in the UK is looking at the symptoms of Covid – but nobody is looking at the neurological mechanisms, such as the amount of serotonin in the brain.”

Put the whole public on those drugs as preventive measures and nobody will ever protest anything ever again.

Except the use of betainterferons can be dangerous. Betainterferons interfere with the immune system. They are used in autoimmune diseases. The THEORY of autoimmune diseases is that doctors believe the immune system is attacking for allegedly "no reason".

So in the case of multiple sclerosis, the immune system is attacking the myelin sheaths infected with an abnormal protein. Doctors claim that is "no reason" when it is NOT no reason. The abnormal proteins are not supposed to be in the human body and the abnormal proteins are not supposed to be in the myelin sheaths, which is why the immune system attacks and destroys them.

Doctors who THEORIZE that this is "no reason" developed Betainterferons to interfere with the immune system, to stop the immune system from doing its job, to stop the immune system from getting rid of abnormal proteins that are not supposed to be in the human body.

And now they are using Betainterferons on Covid. Dangerous. They are interfering with the immune system fighting off Covid.

top topics

join