It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Covid-19 Observations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I just want to hear from people in other places your Covid-19 observations now.

PLEASE, I don't want this a mud pit dialogue.

Here is where I'm at. When I look at county numbers it is very reassuring that this isn't bad at all. The percentage of the population that got it, or the percentage of people that have actually died. The amount of people that have died in recent months in my county has tripled, but it is still a very small number compared to the population.

Being in a small town, I also know how small towns work. I have known crimes that have happened here and they are NEVER reported. They do it to keep up a certain facade. Are they doing that with Covid?

I've always been a person to watch things rather than believe what they tell me.
I have known several people that have died. They were mostly young (under 50)
The small small town I live in has an old cemetery (pre-civil war). I've noticed one burial every five years or so. In the last two months I've seen
three freshly dug graves.

I've seen various friends post that their loved ones have died of..............pneumonia.
The number of these outnumber the people that I have actually known that have died.
I'm wondering if they don't want to say Covid-19, or if it was truly pneumonia from another source. One week alone it seemed like
five friends posted that their family member had passed away. In my gut, I know many of them were probably Covid..

Various local restaurants have opened and closed because their workers have Covid-19.

I've noticed suicides are up. This is so sad. I think the stress from quarantine, job loss and everything else has just gotten to some people.

The other thing I've heard from almost everyone, seriously a good 90% of people, is that they think they already had Covid-19 this year or late last
year.

So what have you observed?

edit on 28-6-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

There are zero cases where I live. At least officially. I also have a friend who's a front line covid worker in a major hospital in the city. They said their job is boring and they don't do much.
edit on 28/6/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
JAGStorm,

PM for you.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

There are zero cases where I live. At least officially. I also have a friend who's a front line covid worker in a major hospital in the city. They said their job is boring and they don't do much.

That is one of the very weird things. I have friends in the medical community that have the same experience as your friend. I also have friends that are er nurses in other areas that have experienced the exact opposite.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
We're still at infections in the two digits and deaths since the end of March at seven. Seven. One county nearby has had three. Another county nearby has had thirteen. That's 23 deaths in three counties since March 31. And people wonder why there was such a push toward lockdowns? Clinton County where Lansing is has had twelve.

There are around ten deaths per day as reported by MLive, but that is dropping too. Specific areas are seeing increases but nothing on the scale of March or April. And we still don't know if those are all Covid deaths or not. Even if they are, we're just not seeing a major issue. And this is with at least 30-40% of the people I've seen in stores with no mask. Young or old, it doesn't matter. And we're in the top ten for testing at over a million tested so far.

I used to work for a hospital system and my friends that are still there (in IT) are either working from home still or are laid off, as are many of the non-emergency staff.

Since I have severe vascular issues I am a high risk person if I had major symptoms. But when I went to my vascular surgeon's office a couple of weeks ago for a consult, we weren't required to wear a mask but could if we wanted to. This is a highly respected surgeon that is one of the best in our region. I have to conclude that if there were a real danger to any of us they would all have masked up and made us as well. So I have to question the seriousness of the worst cases, because we do not know what other conditions the patient had and they won't tell anyone under the guise of HIPAA.

That's what I'm seeing.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Small town here, haven't had any REPORTED cases. Counties surrounding us mostly have. We get a LOT of out of town passers through as one of the more "major" highways passes right through town. Most people don't care about wearing a mask, but do keep a distance in stores. Stores have glass or Plexiglas shields at the cashier counters and practice lots of sanitizing. Sanitizer available for use in every store in town when you walk in or out. The town does follow Nebraska health Covid guidelines, which have been fairly standard, somewhat relaxed. What I find strange, maybe coincidentally, has been the uptick in older folks dying the past few months...but nope apparently NOT from Covid. Strange.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

large community with small population, 50,000 residents (+-). We have had 30(+-) reported positives, zero hospitalizations and only 1 death (a stage 4 lung cancer patient who was waiting for her final breath but still tested positive) early in the start of the crisis. Numbers going up in the state next door, but life is going on here.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
We live in a community of about 700 000. Only 1 covid case in a month and no covid deaths in over two months. 130 illegal drug overdose deaths in March alone, only 36 covid related to date. Yet all we hear is the dangers of the covid .

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

What I find strange, maybe coincidentally, has been the uptick in older folks dying the past few months...but nope apparently NOT from Covid. Strange.

I wonder if it is from the added isolation and stress?
As noted in the OP I've seen the same thing, but for the ones I saw they were pneumonia related.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I spose it could be. I haven't really asked around and in most cases the obit doesn't say why. We've had some real heart breakers lately as some younger folk have passed as well. One from cancer this past week, and a 15yr old who hung himself a few weeks back. Very tragic. It seems around here death comes in bunches, sometimes very tragically. They also list obits from folks who died that lived here at one time but moved away. However, just taking the amount who have died who do live around here, there has definitely been more the last few months. I don't get out of the house much to gather at any social watering holes anymore, so I don't hear much.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Vancouver Island here and just had one new case after a six week run of none. This is in a population of 870,300 (in 2019) so not much happening. No one from our town as far as I've heard. I've worked for the last three months with the public and no one knows anything or anyone so far. I haven't t taken any precautions as I am outside all day and my kids come and go from the house visiting from heaven knows where. Not worried and not holding my breath over this but we do have the extreme benefit of living on a very big island and this happening before tourist season started.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
My county has recorded 129 cases, 14 hospitalizations, and 4 deaths. This was during a prolonged shutdown, and I've NOT seen anybody NOT wearing a mask when I had to go into a public indoor location. Infections have happened in small bursts. The county has been very aggressive at contact tracing, so they have pretty much contained these little outrbreaks as soon as they've started. Without the masks and aggressive contact tracing, who knows where we'd be at today?

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tearman

Contact tracing does not immediately effect infection rates.

Contact tracing by definition is data gathering after the fact.

After the fact..

Again contract tracing does not have anything to do with RealTime infection rates..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I don't trust the numbers and I have yet to see any actual, raw data being presented.
That being said, I am a very public and social individual. I get restless sitting at home so I'm always out and about here in my small city (80k+). I see a lot of friends and we talk and interact almost like we've always done.
To this day, I do not know 1 single person that's tested positive, been hospitalized or has passed. Neither do they.
Maybe I'm just lucky

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

To this day, I do not know 1 single person that's tested positive, been hospitalized or has passed. Neither do they.

Where I live most of my local friends don't either. When I tell them they are seem shocked.
I know a lot of people that live all over the United States and world, and people that live in very populated areas.
I think that makes a big difference.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: BoscoMoney

What I find strange, maybe coincidentally, has been the uptick in older folks dying the past few months...but nope apparently NOT from Covid. Strange.

I wonder if it is from the added isolation and stress?
As noted in the OP I've seen the same thing, but for the ones I saw they were pneumonia related.

The rez has been devastated....now they are taking it very seriously and wearing masks.

navajotimes.com...

www.bbc.com...
edit on 28-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
My observation is that people die alone behind close doors, with little to observe.
For me this is the scariest part.
Also that everyone is trying to lay blame, pretending to know what is going on.
I don't think many people in fact do know much.
edit on 0000006063966America/Chicago28 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Two cases, zero deaths. This is a small town, but it's a common stop along the Alaskan Highway, so there are people from all over stopping here to shop, gas up, camp, etc.

Masks are not required for shopping and such and few are bothering to mask up anymore. We don't have to wear them at work though we do have to do a wellness check before shift. The annoying and intrusive plexiglass barriers are everywhere and we still have cleaners hovering around the front end cleaning the pin pads and other touch areas at the tills between customers. Still also have the infuriating arrows on the floor pushing people to only go one way down aisles. This is most annoying to me as a worker. It makes our jobs on the floor take twice as long when we have to go all the way down an aisle and back up the next just to put away stock. Combine that with the whole 6 ft distance stuff, and it's tedious. We spend more time standing around waiting on customers get their stuff and move than we do working.

And again, people are hitting stores in droves. We're seeing sales and numbers in the store that rivals the biggest shopping days of the year up here. I'm gonna laugh when people realize they have to pay taxes on that handout money and they squandered all of it on shopping sprees.

Anyway, there does not seem to be any increase in deaths or illnesses around town. Seems like business as usual in redneck Alberta.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I have about 60 fellow employees. 2 have been sick - very I'll for weeks but not hospitalized, several have had hospitalized relatives, all but 1 of whom recovered. My cousin's father in law just passed fro the Rona - only family member known to have been sick at all so far.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
A handful of people closed down an entire planet and I will probably never understand why.

That is the sum of my experience.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join