It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No clemency for cross! War Memorial Cross must go!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Here is a flashback and shows just how absurd this is getting, just where will it stop? Will it be a crime to show anything Christian in Public?

July 14, 2003: National Park Service officials, under pressure from the ACLU, decided three 40-year-old plaques containing quotes from the Bible were a threat to the Grand Canyon – millions of years old, according to some – and ordered them removed from their South Rim locations.

"The Department of Interior determined that the plaques were not appropriate for federal public facilities. The First Amendment prohibits the government from supporting a particular religion," Maureen Oltrogge, spokeswoman for the Grand Canyon National Park, said. "It's a difficult issue, but it is supported by numerous court decisions."

LINK

Just what did this accomplish? I have seen the Grand Canyon and I was awed indeed, heaven forbid I see a Bible passage at that time.....

The is just plain stupid!

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Here is a flashback and shows just how absurd this is getting, just where will it stop? Will it be a crime to show anything Christian in Public?

just on government land. it's also going to be a crime to show anything muslim, satanist, hindu, or from any other religion there too.

again i must say this on ats. "bad christian, you can't have a persecution complex. not yours."

Just what did this accomplish? I have seen the Grand Canyon and I was awed indeed, heaven forbid I see a Bible passage at that time.....

The is just plain stupid!

it's not really that stupid, it's just pointless to have them up.

and it's not quite as stupid as this line

...the Grand Canyon – millions of years old, according to some – and ordered them removed from their South Rim locations.

bias much? i mean, the question of its age has nothing to do with the story. the AP or any respectable news agency (not like WND, which has been caught making crap up to further its agenda) would just say "...the Grand Canyon and ordered them removed from their South Rim locations."

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So should we remove Moses from the Supreme Court?

"In God We trust " on our currency?

[edit on 16-7-2007 by edsinger]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

So should we remove Moses from the Supreme Court?

Yes.

"In God We trust " on our currency?

Absolutely, yes!

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well I totally disagree and would not vote for a politician that advocates such nonsense.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I completely agree with Theodore Roosevelt when he said that to put God on money (he actually said "coins") was "dangerously close to sacrilege".

posted on Jul, 17 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well , I think it says that as a nation we hold to something greater than man and that we are spiritual people. It is not a Christian saying at all, it could well be for Muslims and Jews. If it was set for one, then maybe I would differ, but for now I hope it stays.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Well , I think it says that as a nation we hold to something greater than man and that we are spiritual people. It is not a Christian saying at all, it could well be for Muslims and Jews. If it was set for one, then maybe I would differ, but for now I hope it stays.

you mean that YOU are spiritual people. about 18% of the population isn't spiritual (atheists/agnostics) at all. and again, what about the hindus, pagans, satanists, and buddhists? buddhists don't believe in any sort of deity per say, hindus and pagans would say under godS. satanists are just outright insulted by the assertion.

just leaving it out hurts nobody at all, keeping it in makes things messy. just be utilitarian about it.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I don't mind monuments paid for by the state and whatnot, I don't believe that anything but the federal government should be regulated by the establishment clause. But I think that it should be done at a lower level than the state whenever possible. What bothers me is things like putting God on a dollar (which I've always found offensive, as I've said), but monuments aren't really too bad.

I don't know, it's hard when there's no one religion.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
But if you notice, the only religion that is getting the 'complaints' is....well take a look and you will see...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join