It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Normalizing the Unreasonable the Platform of the Left.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
That is it in a nutshell; get rid of the police! Make Washington DC a state! Tear down that Confederate statue! Tear down that one too; it's some White guy! Ban that book, that cartoon! Rename that school! Let's "Create" (i.e. squat illegally) autonomous zones! Riot! Loot! Burn! - All justified due to the past, sometimes several hundred years. It really is about making ludicrous demands, so loudly , so broadly directed and so often as to make any opposition cave in for fear of reprisal. A nation is being held hostage to the demands of the mob, er protesters.

All these extreme demands do is make formerly large concessions seem miniscule by comparison when the unreasonable becomes the norm.
edit on 27-6-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
That is it in a nutshell; get rid of the police! Make Washington DC a state! Tear down that Confederate statue! Tear down that one too; it's some White guy! Let's "create" (i.e. squat illegally) autonomous zones! Riot! Loot! Burn! - All justified due to past, sometimes several hundred years. It really is about making ludicrous demands, so loudly , so broadly directed and so often as to make any opposition cave in for fear of reprisal. A nation is being held hostage to the demands of the mob, er protesters.

All these extreme demands do is make formerly large concessions seem miniscule by comparison when the unreasonable becomes the norm.

Well, if people would actually show up to their local R BS meetings then maybe R's would feel like they had more support than from BLM supporting grannies. Just saying. It's easy, google that # and show up and make your voice heard.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Let's not forget the actions of the left help the right and bury the center.
While neither party helps us.
At a time a great distraction is needed to maintain power for a few.
Massive funding by Trump to corporations who are backing BLM is highly suspicious.
His behavior of instigating more problems like tweeting cryptic trash talking and not leading is pretty obvious.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools
Google that #? Maybe Youtube and Facebook will be fair platforms for Republicans or anyone not agreeing with the Left? Plenty to read up right here on ATS about how those voices and groups are de-platformed, demonetized, shadow banned, views and ratings skewed along with outright censoring on the grounds of community guidelines.

For all intents and purposes the internet, Google and a handful of social media sites have become the arbiters of reality in our world. It was supposed to be the commons where you could gather and speak to the crowd. It's as if they put a fence around it, claimed it as their own and posted thugs at the entrance.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Do you think it's possible there's a portion of the population that are simply so disenfranchised, so lost and so desperate they've taken to the streets and are acting out in any way they can.

The media being the propoganda arm of the state are labeling these people lefties to rile up the right into a reaction, therefor perpetuating a circle jerk of blame.

I'm not saying there isn't lefties in these groups nor am I condoning this looting, violence and tearing down of history, I'm simply asking for an opinion because to me this seems all to convenient and is likely engineered .

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

A nation is being held hostage to the demands of the mob, er protesters.

Why not employ; GIVE the same opportunities or rules of disenfranchisement to northern Californians. As once was suggested divide the state into 3 states (Cal, NoCal, SoCal). That is perfectly reasonable, or just succeed from the Union. Why do Washington lawmakers want the District of Columbia to become a mere state..go for separate country status.
edit on 27-6-2020 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Internet info has disappeared into a dark place just like manuscripts went into vaults of Rome.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
All the domestic upheavals have their purposes for the maniac Democrats, but don't forget about the international stuff that has cost many Democrats lots of money.

The N.W.O.Global/American.Democrat.Complex ....
Paris Accords
Iran Agreements
Iran Sanctions
Russian Sanctions
Several Trade Agreements that returned some fairness back to the U.S.
EU nations paying their fair share of NATO costs.
End of U.S. dependence on foreign oil.
Border and Immigration.
Wars have been reduced.

Domestic issue getting "solved" the Democrat way.....
Low Unemployment especially among Minorities (The COVID19 has settled some of that for Democrats)

Lots more too many to list.

All the above are Democrat nightmares 🤣

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Just wondering..
Why is making dc a state, or at least incorporating it into Virginia or maryland so unreasonable?
The war cry of our revolution was no taxation without representation.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
And don't forget, the name "John Wayne" is now offensive. California is changing the name of the airport named after him, to something else, yet to be determined.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well on the plus side the democrats and fringe lefts absolute insanity is pushing me to vote republican for the first time in my life.

Im sure im not the only one.

I bet there is a growing silent majority right now.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I was pretty much a 30 year democrat until mid-term Obama showed his true colors. I believe in a lot of progressive values but today's Left has pushed the needle so far left I simply can't go another step that direction. Not saying the Republicans are any better but right now they are the other end of a balancing act that needs all the weight it can get. It's the crap results of a 2 party system.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes, there is a small group who are always disenfranchised under our current system. Not to excuse it but you will have that in every society, every type of government. At least in America I feel we have a system that allows correction to keep things fair. In the ideal it exists; in reality it has been hijacked by big money.

My heart is always with the underdog, even when they might be in the wrong. It doesn't necessarily follow I would condone their actions. I think right and wrong exists independently of right and left politics.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Yea, the left is and has been bonkers. Still delusional after 16', not willing to admit the only people they have to blame is themselves for losing power, and being so out of touch to not understand why.

But right now the right is all good with spending trillions which is a topic we could debate forever by itself. They're doing that while trying to keep the same needy corporations on low taxes... And I'm all for low taxes, when we're not spending more than we pull in.

The right is also for ramping up rhetoric for terrorism charges for rioters... And right now the senate introduced a bill to try and make encryption illegal unless a back door for the government is there.

They're both over spending authoritarian parties. They also both allow it to continue by championing "at least we're not as bad as them", and creating an enemy their base has to come together to beat. The opponent is always Hitler or Stalin.
edit on 27-6-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I like making Medicare available for anyone who needs it, due to existing medical conditions. That's not far-left, like Bernie's proposal to force everyone into it, but Republicans hate the idea of Medicare for anyone under age 65. Totally illogical.

But, I owe Bernie a high-five and big hug for forcing states to include those of us who are sole-proprietors/contractors, in the Covid-19 Unemployment income stream.

Bernie would have been so much better than Joe Biden...who has ZERO meaningful accomplishments for American citizens, over the past 42 years.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I was pretty much a 30 year democrat until mid-term Obama showed his true colors. I believe in a lot of progressive values but today's Left has pushed the needle so far left I simply can't go another step that direction. Not saying the Republicans are any better but right now they are the other end of a balancing act that needs all the weight it can get. It's the crap results of a 2 party system.

I worked on the first obama campaign I thought he was the breath of fresh air after the bush war years.

Man that opinion soon changed as the optimism soured .

Im not good a categorizing myself politically especially when the terms keep shifting and no one even agrees on what left right moderate center or libertarian means these days.

I have always considered myself liberal.

But by the radical lefts new standard Im likely a racist nazi right wing cis white male who cant help that he is racist because

white people are genetically racist from birth......ok too loony for me your party has lost me. So if im that according to this

woke left if Im a right winger even though I saw myself as moderate liberal.

Then screw it I might as well vote for Trump since I'm classified as right winger now LOL

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Can I ask what books and cartoons have been banned in the USA, all I could find was this list of books, I was not aware Harry Potter had been banned , is that true?

the American Civil Liberties Union of Texas's "Free People Read Freely" report also cited concerns over sexual content

I could not find anything about recently banned cartoons

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Heres a good vid on this from the education perspective AtA. Its a bit longer, but well worth the watch. Particularly note the clip @ 8:20

This is something that has been inculcated for quite some time. I became aware of it around 2000, the folks in the video are saying the 90s.

Its a difficult situation to handle. How do you change peoples minds when lack of adherence to the hivemind, in any way, shape, or form is grounds for total demonization?

Its a much trickier situation than many seem to think (not you AtA). In a lot of ways, its one of those finger traps.. I think a lot of solutions almost seem non-sequitor or counter-intuitive.

But, I do believe the key is to address the very foundation of many issues that have arisen from centralized dependency on many fronts.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join