It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is god real?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
that is my question is god real or is it a program implanted by the military from the future or the present this program or chip implanted was used to create an image of a higher person in being aka God so if anyone can shed light on this please do.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The idea of a "God" goes back to the beginning of the human race! I think you need to take a philosophy class or read a book to answer that question. It too deep for my response tolerance. Theres tons of theories and arguments. One is called the 1st cause argument and another is called the moral order argument. Look those up for a start. They will lead you to many, many more arguments for and against the existence of god, all ripped up and chewed out by philosophers. If you choose to study this in depth, you will eventually get to a point that you will see that the existence of god is in no way knowledgable and you will be in a position of agnosticism, a position of not knowing. The I dont know position. Good luck and maybe some other people on this board can elaborate some more.

Train

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaxPineapple
that is my question is god real...so if anyone can shed light on this please do.

What exactly are you asking us to shed some light on? If it's the is God real? question then this is probably not the appropriate forum.

...or is it a program implanted by the military from the future or the present this program or chip implanted was used to create an image of a higher person in being aka God

You're asking us if we believe a future military (human?) implanted (genetic or electronic?) the idea of God into modern man?

Well...I believe we are genetically predisposed to striving towards a higher self (God). I don't know how it got there...but I imagine a higher self implanted it

What are you getting at though? Are you suggesting a future military implanted God into our brains so we would be more susceptible to control?
Or would it be so we could grow stronger and evolve? Why do you say military?

Okay so to combine both the questions: Is God real? and was the idea of God implanted in us by future beings? I believe both can be true. More specifically I don't believe discovering that the idea of a higher-self (God) was implanted in us (either genetic or electronic) disproves the actual existence of God.

God is everything.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I was just thinking about this. The way I see it, all major religions are just a way for people to attatch themselves to something constant - that is, God is everlasting and will never change. This provides people with a sense of order in an otherwise chaotic life. I do believe that it is God's will for us to seek out some sort of higher being, or whatever God turns out to be. He bestowed upon us free will, and with that we can choose whether or not we would rather conform to a uniform standard of deity worship, or to seek out our own version of enlightenment. I don't believe in the fundamentals of religions, such as the Bible and its stories, but I certainly believe in the good-will, love, and compassion necessary to relate to other human beings.

And look at how interesting life is without us knowing for sure what God is...if its existence was proved or disproved and every single person knew the truth then life would become rather boring and monotonous.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

that is my question is god real

Yes.

or is it a program implanted by the military from the future

The main problem with that is Jesus telling people to "love your enemy". Even in the Old Testament, God is quoted in a commandment ordering his people "You shall not kill". This would be contradictory to a military's objective of destroying your enemy.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   

that is my question is god real or is it a program implanted by the military from the future or the present this program or chip implanted was used to create an image of a higher person in being aka God so if anyone can shed light on this please do.

Personally I don't believe in god. I use to when I was younger but then again I believed in santa, not to forget the tooth fairy and the easter Bunny. Clearly I was willing to believe anything I was told. I was young and didn't understand much about the world and I thought believing in god was the right thing to do because it seemed so peaceful to think about. A few months ago I was on a game called Starcraft, and theres channels where you can talk to people about stuff and these people made it a living to preach on an online game... kind of pathetic but non the less is happened. They asked people if they had any questions about jesus they could go to this channel to talk about it and get there questions answered. I decided to see what it was all about and I told them that I had lost my faith in god and religion altogether and that I was looking for guidance to believe again. I started asking all sorts of questions just messing around and seeing what they believed. The people that were in the channel were christian and catholic. From what I could tell I think they were adults and they were pretty smart but they started to cite pieces from the bible that were ridiculous when I read them and I came to the conclusion that religion seemed like a bunch of bull.

These people were telling me that satan had taken over my soul and that I had to fight satan to release my soul. Once I got off the floor from laughing so much, I told them that religion has brainwashed people and has been more of a disaster than a peaceful ploy to stop violence. I then expressed my personel belief that UFO's are our "god" or "gods". I asked this one guy that was in the channel... Is it possible that we are a scientific experiment using cloning of species to form a new specie which would be humans in this case, place them on a planet to study intelligent life or to see the process of intelligence evolve. We can almost do it now. We can clone and stuff, so I ask you is it possible that another race created us rather than a superior being that is all around us that has unstoppable power that can give himself a human body(jesus). If you could go back in time to about 2,000 or 5,000 years ago with a plane and you flew it to earth and flew over villages so that people could see it, do you think they would look up and be like "whats that?" Fellow villager: "oh thats just a plane from Jerusalem air force base or Jerusalem international air port. I think they would be more skeptical about it and believe that there was a superior being(god). I think they would come to speculate that maybe that flying object could have created them. UFO's aren't uncommon when it comes to the bible either. There are pictures of ships flying around with people looking up at them. The kid that was in the channel with me just stopped talkin to me after I said that and he eventually replied like 10 mins later saying that my theory was "F-cked up" and that was I "F-cked up for thinking that" and then he got off and never came back...Guess he wasn't prepared to except the fact that maybe his almighty god is just a more advanced race experimenting. I think your question can only be answered if u can define what god is. Is god a superior being that created himself and is not of advanced origin of another solar system with unlimited power who can't communicate with humans now but could 2,000 years ago. I dunno, but what I do know is if god is what christians and catholics believe, then I'm screwed for losing faith and have a damn good chance at going to "hell" lol O well... I guess I'll have to debate this with satan when I die.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Well Pineapple he is absolutely vry real. Iveseen this jeus work awesome instancesin life that were truly amzing, i see him do it all the time.

I can tellyousome of thethings ive seen him done in me and my families lives that are just amazng, true miracles, stuf that happens throughout the orld on daily basis, that some regard
to as luck or being lucky, but its not that at all.

Iamhungry rote someting very weird.

" Attatch themselves to something constant "

Do you know God requiresus t do this.

" Go sell everything you have, take up your cross and follow me "

He tells us to live for only the kingdom of heaven. And suffer daily ad acept suffering for a sacrafice for sin.

Thsis not easy, truly, its alot easir to deny this religion and be a person of the world, and live in wealth, and in comfort, and in the way (yoour) selfish being wants to. I know this first hand because he things of the world have gtten to me before and still sometimes do, so why would anybody in their right mind want to go the hard road for a kingdm they have (no) faith in?

what im saying mr hungry, is that souls have actual realfaith, an hve seen God work through this faith, and for this they cannot go back because they hav seen his works from their faith, true miracles, and haveheard his words which touch their heart, and for this their heart has grown not like
ouselfish hearts but with true heart.,

peace/.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yeah pineapple....God most definitely is real. I mean, when someone is rescued by paramedics after a car accident...truth would thank god. Who else could he thank...I mean, we all know it wasn't the paramedics that actually saved the person....how laughable would that be. Humans actually doing good without gods interference. Yea right.

Truth, I swear, you enlighten me more every day.

Ok, that was funny.

Pineapple, if god is real, he certainly does not interfere or anything like that, so there is no way of knowing for sure. What you should do is start studying science books. Disregard the heap of nonsense that is compiled together calling itself the bible, because nothing in that deranged book makes sense. Any questions? If so, please ask.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Even wax pineapples have to be created.

Everything must have a creator.

So yes, God is real.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
All of the stuff that happens in your life, all of the balances in the universe and here on earth it is impossible for it to all just happen by falling into place. God is pretty leanient on most of you so you never feel wrath, but some he condemns for all eternity to this exitance. He is real no one or nothing else can do what has been and will be done.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTrain
The idea of a "God" goes back to the beginning of the human race!

Really! Are you sure? The cavemen worshipped this god of yours? That is news to me and I considermyself well read.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Really! Are you sure? The cavemen worshipped this god of yours? That is news to me and I considermyself well read.

I'm glad Jonna pointed that out. I'd like to know too please.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Dont change what he said to suit your own need.
He said from the beginning of man. NOT since men lived in caves.

The very reason babel happened is because men turned from God. This is after he flood. You look at cave men as some barbarian ape lookin creature.

The bible tells us that they certainly were some disgusting looking/acting people.

Job 30:1 But now they that are younger than I have me in derision, whose fathers I would have disdained to have set with the dogs of my flock.
Job 30:2 Yea, whereto might the strength of their hands profit me, in whom old age was perished?
Job 30:3 For want and famine they were solitary; fleeing into the wilderness in former time desolate and waste.
Job 30:4 Who cut up mallows by the bushes, and juniper roots for their meat.
Job 30:5 They were driven forth from among men, (they cried after them as after a thief

Job 30:6 To dwell in the clefts of the valleys, in caves of the earth, and in the rocks.
Job 30:7 Among the bushes they brayed; under the nettles they were gathered together.
Job 30:8 They were children of fools, yea, children of base men: they were viler than the earth.
Job 30:9 And now am I their song, yea, I am their byword.

If you read all of Job, you will find that this is the time of babel. There is no Israelite naiton yet. This is when God divided the earth. It is now when the Ice age happened.
What was it like?

So, no, not all cave men worshiped God. Many went after the harlot religion that started with Nimrod. But Adam, Abel, and Seth did.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You look at cave men as some barbarian ape lookin creature.

The bible tells us that they certainly were some disgusting looking/acting people.

Oh thats right I forgot. You dont believe in Evolution.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Science has proved to them that evolution exists. However, they now classify it....and use other terms so as not to admit that once adgain, science has revolutionized their sacred document that has no flaws. Much like when Copernicus was persecuted by the church with his EVIL IDEAS like the one that the earth isnt the center of the universe, people are persecuted today for their EVIL IDEAS that another scientific discovery makes their bible look foolish.

Christians will tell you all day..."I believe in micor-evolution". Nice little catch phrase they have developed. But, at least they are starting to admit it. Its only a matter of time now before christians are once again shown to be the foolish sheep who follow an awfully flawed document that will do nothing but make them less intelligent. It has been doing that as well as hindering our human progress for thousands of years.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The term micro-evolution is bs as well.

adaptation

Evolutionists believe many things. Among the things they believe are that the earth is billions of years old and that science says so.

The former is a foolish idea (not a theory) and the later is a lie.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
God is nothing more then an invention to explain the unexplainable. "God" is used by people as a means to shove an agenda down peoples throats also known as reglion. :shk:

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Why not ask Him yourself? Not in a 'folded arms doubting' kind a way, but openly, honestly with the belief in mind you'll get your answer one way or another. Seek to find Him, what do you have to lose? For starters, if you want to find out why Christians believe in God
, click on the link on my signature line. I'd be interested to know when you have some findings.

Pray, train, study.
God bless.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Why not ask Him yourself? Not in a 'folded arms doubting' kind a way, but openly, honestly with the belief in mind you'll get your answer one way or another. Seek to find Him, what do you have to lose? For starters, if you want to find out why Christians believe in God
, click on the link on my signature line. I'd be interested to know when you have some findings.

Pray, train, study.
God bless.

The link shows how to "become" a christian and all the benefits of being "saved" It does NOT explain WHY christians believe in God. I dont think you can really explain why a person believes in God.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s
The link shows how to "become" a christian and all the benefits of being "saved" It does NOT explain WHY christians believe in God. I dont think you can really explain why a person believes in God.

I see what you mean, sorry 'bout that. I think you're right, it would be personalized. My testimony is a bit long and not typical I'm sure. Long story short, I challenged whatever existed beyond the human realm to show itself and I would believe (whether is be God, Satan, Zeus, etc.). Well, I got the answer but not one I was expecting. It was in running from this that I ran into God. He delivered on the same promise mentioned throughout the Book. It wasn't until after this incident though that I began reading it. I get verification regularly which is a big help.

My recommendation is to seek out God first, it'll save a lot of risk and pain. Again, nothing to lose in that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join