It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird One From France Jun 20 20

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ordinarily it would be easy to say that it's just a mylar balloon, but it's an odd one if that's the case here.

France. Fusion powered baguette.

ufostalker.com...

edit on 27-6-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Ordinarily it would be easy to say that it's just a mylar balloon, but it's an odd one if that's the case here.

What about a deflating weather balloon, being rocked by the air currents?

S&F for the OP

edit on 27-6-2020 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Translated

Detailed Description
We were chatting outside, around 9 p.m. the sky was still very clear and clear. it was I who spotted the first bright objects in the sky, as if the light of the sun was reflected on their surface. we counted 4 of them. They all moved in the same direction, at a distance about equal. we thought of balloons because there was no noise. they were very high, cloud height, north direction I would say. we didn't have a telescope so I opted for the super zoom of my pentax. my neighbor was able to take 7 photos before the objects were too far away.

when you zoom in on the small object in the center of the photos, you can clearly see that these are not balloons. there is an elongated shape and a kind of base. we really have impression of seeing reactors and on one of the photos, we even distinguish different colors (white, red, green) ... we thought of military drones but we don't see any fins on photos. so we ask ourselves lots of questions.

I specify that we lost the 4th object of sight. the first was ahead and the other two followed. we can say that the formation of the 3 was in a triangle. they have always followed their trajectory, no random flight. we also thought of space debris ... but the objects had the same shape. the sighting ended when they were no longer within sight.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
(Dr. Evil takes off in rocket)
(Austin glances up and says it looks like a huge)

Air traffic controller “Johnson!” “What is that?? It looks like a big...”

“Willy” (Willy Nelson coolly glances over)

I’d go with a bachelorette party before aliens.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

It looks like a giant dong.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

What about a deflating weather balloon, being rocked by the air currents?
S&F for the OP

I guess it's possible. But it doesn't fit the description above. Also I don't see how it could stay afloat so deflated. It looks more mechanical than that.

I keep thinking that a similar kind of thing was spotted and videoed about a month ago (who can keep track of time these days?) In the US somewhere. Maybe I'll go look for it.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe

It looks like a giant dong.

At least it looks like something. Not just another indistinct blob.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

France. Fusion powered baguette.

"it's just a mylar balloon. "

What's so odd about it? 4 tethered balloons drifted off into the sunset, one broke off...

I really don't get the fusion part...

From the site:

Sighting Specifics
Distance Unknow
Altitude 500 Feet Or Less
Duration 00:05:00
Features None
Flight Path Straight Line Path
Shape Blimp

edit on 27-6-2020 by ByteChanger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Some of the participants in the Ft Meade/SRI remote viewing program, saw UFO's traveling to Earth. It was described as if they saw them in a different dimension. There has also been talk about them coming from a different dimension and part of their craft de-materializes in our 3 dimensional world.
I wonder if this is what we are seeing.
SnF

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

One of those shapeshifting military drones we heard about? But why above France?
It looks a bit "unfolding"?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ByteChanger
What's so odd about it? 4 tethered balloons drifted off into the sunset, one broke off...]

You could be right, but I don't know how you would prove it with these images.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

What's so odd about it? 4 tethered balloons drifted off into the sunset, one broke off...]

You could be right, but I don't know how you would prove it with these images.

Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. UFO or Ballon. In this case the one that requires the smallest number of assumptions is usually correct.

- Ockham's razor

But you're right. I couldn't prove these are balloons using those images.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. UFO or Ballon.

Okay, but only for the sake of argument. And assuming you mean "UFO" as some kind of machine built by "aliens" of some kind. Because it's unidentified now, and not necessarily alien. Like we just don't know what it is. A balloon or some variation of it is likely, but is more of a conjecture than a proven fact or explanation. The razor cuts both ways.

But you're right. I couldn't prove these are balloons using those images.

Yeah, that's the inherent weakness in images only. Without additional data from elsewhere (eyewitness reports are of very limited value except to pinpoint time and place to see if there were known things happening then) any attempt at positive identification is essentially impossible.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

assuming you mean "UFO" as some kind of machine built by "aliens" of some kind.

Not really, I was gonna put ufo/uap... But I was being lazy and couldn't remember the correct acronym at the time.

BUT, the post is sourced from 'UFO Stalker' with a picture of a alien as their logo. And it is posted in the UFO/Aliens forum. So I don't think I made a huge leap by using the term UFO in an effort to demonstrate Ockham's razor.

A balloon or some variation of it is likely

That was my only point. geez louise.

but is more of a conjecture than a proven fact or explanation. The razor cuts both ways.

Well, of course it is conjecture. Do you expect me to prove to you it is a balloon!? I dunno, maybe it is a kite, or a drone, or a piece of paper.

I asked what is so odd about its characteristics as claimed by the OP. It didn't do any fancy maneuvers, it didn't have an lights beaming down to Earth, it didn't disappear into another dimension. It drifted off into the horizon. It behaved like a balloon...

Nothing 'odd' about it at all as described in the linked article.

I'll ask you again, what was so "odd" about the sighting? It is your post after all.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I'll ask you again, what was so "odd" about the sighting? It is your post after all.

Appealing a bit to my own authority, I've probably looked at thousands of UFO photos over the decades. Most of the time when you get details as clear as these generally are, it becomes obvious that it's a balloon or some other mundane thing. Generally, balloons tend to show some indication of inflation, which would be symmetrical rounding and highlights not on the edges but on the rounded body of the balloon. I don't think this shows that. And if an object is smaller, as these things appear to be, the rounding is more obvious because you need to pack more helium into it to get it to fly. That creates additional rounding but also rigidity.

This thing (these things, I guess) doesn't show those indications of inflation. There are curves and straight lines that to me make it less likely they're inflated in some way.

And then there are the lights/reflections. Because they appear flat and not following an inflation curve, they look to me more like something self-illuminated. And then there is the apparently modular look of it. Different sizes and shapes linked together, rather than a cluster of the same kinds of things, like a cluster of balloons gone astray.

If it was just one of these things, it would be easier to just write it off. But added up they make the sighting and the images a bit more compelling than average, which is why I posted it. I'm not trying to prove anything, but to me it's unusual and rises just ever so slightly above the rest of the garbage images out there. Worthy of note. Not necessarily anything more than that. For reference, this is what a cluster of mylar balloons looks like. Similar? Eh...

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
that looks like a flying cock and balls.
edit on 0000006035763America/Chicago27 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
that looks like a flying cock and balls.

I wish I could find the video from I think was Michigan earlier this year. It was similar in my recollection, but I could be mistaken. A larger component with attachments flying through clouds at a pretty good clip.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Blimp towing a banner that got all tangled up?
The lights. I don’t know? Do blimps have lights?

WOQ

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It looks like two silver helium numeral balloons attached, like a 1 and 8 for example. The 1 is still inflated and the other has gone flat and reflects the light in different ways as it is moved by the wind that is blowing it quite strongly according to witness accounts.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I don't think this shows that. And if an object is smaller, as these things appear to be, the rounding is more obvious because you need to pack more helium into it to get it to fly. That creates additional rounding but also rigidity.

This thing (these things, I guess) doesn't show those indications of inflation. There are curves and straight lines that to me make it less likely they're inflated in some way.

Not convinced... I've added a video below that demonstrates straight edges, which I'm sure could be improved if desired.

ETA: Don't forget these 'objects' are reported to be as far as 500 feet away. Not sure how much 'bulge' you would see in a inflated object at that distance.

And then there are the lights/reflections. Because they appear flat and not following an inflation curve, they look to me more like something self-illuminated. And then there is the apparently modular look of it. Different sizes and shapes linked together, rather than a cluster of the same kinds of things, like a cluster of balloons gone astray.

Okay, but red & green LED's are pretty common items and not really 'odd'. I have RGW and maybe blue (or yellow?) in my drawers as I type this for example...

If it was just one of these things, it would be easier to just write it off. But added up they make the sighting and the images a bit more compelling than average, which is why I posted it.

I do like the images quite a bit, they do have a slick design to them.

I'm not trying to prove anything

Me either of course.

rises just ever so slightly above the rest of the garbage images out there.

Agreed. (more or less)

For reference, this is what a cluster of mylar balloons looks like. Similar? Eh...

Oh come on now! You know damn well there are better looking balloons out there than that poor dollar store example.
Tisk tisk.

I can't imagine it would be hard to make you own balloon for that matter. Whatever shape you'd like.

For example: Skip to 2:!5.

Well, you definitely are making it hard for me to say it's just a mylar balloon. But, I still think it's just a mylar balloon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join