It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mental Disorders Linked to Alien Abductions and Political Leaders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm not a psychologist but recently have been watching interviews of alien abductees. Some of these people are extremely intelligent and they really suck you in. If it was a mental disorder causing their firm beliefs it would damn near impossible for most to not believe them. Similar to a good trial lawyer convincing a jury. If they sell the sizzle most will buy it. One psychologist I watched stated many of her patients don't even consider they have a mental disorder even if it was proven to them clinically they did with confirmed evidence showing them things they said are not true.

With so many mental disorders, dozens of them then, an assumption could be made that there are 10's of thousands of these people that firmly believe their delusions and are, not intentionally, misleading and even convincing even more people of their mental dillusions.

This had me think about politics. Everyone knows politicians do in fact lie. It's par for the course but it also made me think some of these politicians likely suffer from severe mental disorders where they truly believe something and convince others either intentionally or not. Pelosi for example is a professional gas lighter. Constantly making outrageous claims and reinforcing it with statements like the one this week where she said the GOP murdered George Floyd or something to that effect. Once she said Trump would never be President and you could take it to the bank.

I'm using her as an example but Trump, Biden, many of them make statement they truly believe or want people to believe. They may even believe the statements themselves that can be proven as absolutely false. Even when shown they facts they sometimes still deny the truth.

I guess my point is there is a good chance we are electing highly intelligent people with severe mental disorders and most of us don't even know it. They are so believable like some of these alien abductees they suck us in. We want to believe them and often do because by and large the spectrum of mental health is made up of people without mental disorders and who are not capable of misleading people on that level.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

Is is well known that research suggests politicans are more likely to be psychopaths

edit on 27/6/2020 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

This is also a problem-

We have created a perfect world for perfect (SNIP) holes.

Check out this interesting documentary about the subject.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

That would make sense. A politician would have to have a low susceptibility to depression or nervousness. The average person would struggle with half the people at work, on a team or on their block hating them with a passion and calling them names. Anybody that is perfectly fine with that scenario has something much different going on in their mind than the average person.

My favorite one is Bill Clinton. I don't even think he is capable of being empathetic or showing any form of grief or sadness for others with any level of sincerity. He is capable of convincing others he does however.

Geez, could you imagine how different the world would be if these people could be filtered out and banned from entering politics or at least letting the public know they have a mental disorder first before electing them. The world would be a much improved place.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

That's why "psychology" is silly made up bs. They don't suffer from a disorder if they're functioning at that extremely successful level.
It's not them who have the problem it's us. We who enable them are the problem.
Society and the whole system require certain mental gymnastics like a learned schizophrenia.

99.999999% have a mental problem and mostly it's not what's been diagnosed.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
People elect bad politicians based on labels like Democrat and Republican, conservative or liberal. They also elect them because they don't do their homework or because someone they trust tells them to do so.

Frankly, it boils down to their level of education and willingness to properly research their candidates.

On the mental illness aspect, most people have some form a mental illness. Who wouldn't existing in the world we live in today?

I do think exposure to the paranormal of any kind increases that risk. Our minds have a limited capacity to deal with what doesn't make sense to us. The brain finds another way to cope with it.

top topics

join