It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeshu ben Pandera the sorcerer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Oh dear me, you have to resort to saying”how christian of you”
That’s pathetic

Why not admit you havnt a clue and just lied, no sources at all and made it all up.

No links, no valid sources, just “not very christian of you” to justify your gibberish op
Not very intelligent of you to post with no valid sources to justify your post

Why not explain to me in your own words what the Talmud is because by your own comments you clearly havnt a clue

So had a bit of time, thought I might chase the rabbit
I see why you didn’t link anything, a veritable pigswill of assumption and guesses, multiple faiths and half truths buried under exceptional stupid beliefs and you question me
You clearly have no relevant religious education but reading Wikipedia and other trash websites to develop your half arsed content

religion.wikia.org...
The accounts in the Tosefta and Talmud take place in different historical periods (see below). A tradition outside mainstream Judaism first seen in the writings of Celsus regarded at least one of the accounts as a reference to Jesus and the Church would later claim that the accounts were derogatory remarks directed at Jesus. Many modern liberal scholars view at least some of them as references to Jesus, albeit spurious references.

www.truthcontrol.com...
Author Tony Bushby, primarily working from rather spurious and convoluted Jewish sources such as the Talmud and Toldoth Jeshu or "Life of Jesus," is convinced that Paul’s hero is based on a legitimate historical rebel leader known as Judas Khrestus and on his twin Yeshua Ben Panthera.

Michael Tsarion / The Irish Origins of Civilization, Volume 2

robinhl.com...

“Jesus, son of Pantera” Nov
by Robin Helweg-Larsen
About 177 AD the Greek philosopher Celsus, in his book ‘The True Word’, expressed what appears to have been the consensus Jewish opinion about Jesus, that his father was a Roman soldier called Pantera. ‘Pantera’ means Panther and was a fairly common name among Roman soldiers. The rumor is repeated in the Talmud and in medieval Jewish writings where Jesus is referred to as “Yeshu ben Pantera”.

Well done, what a joke, you believe that.

No wonder you didn’t source it, the sources all laugh at the gibberish crap younsold as valid
edit on 28-6-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

(post by Peeple removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Crazy
I sourced it for you
So had a bit of time, thought I might chase the rabbit
I see why you didn’t link anything, a veritable pigswill of assumption and guesses, multiple faiths and half truths buried under exceptional stupid beliefs and you question me
You clearly have no relevant religious education but reading Wikipedia and other trash websites to develop your half arsed content

religion.wikia.org...
The accounts in the Tosefta and Talmud take place in different historical periods (see below). A tradition outside mainstream Judaism first seen in the writings of Celsus regarded at least one of the accounts as a reference to Jesus and the Church would later claim that the accounts were derogatory remarks directed at Jesus. Many modern liberal scholars view at least some of them as references to Jesus, albeit spurious references.

www.truthcontrol.com...
Author Tony Bushby, primarily working from rather spurious and convoluted Jewish sources such as the Talmud and Toldoth Jeshu or "Life of Jesus," is convinced that Paul’s hero is based on a legitimate historical rebel leader known as Judas Khrestus and on his twin Yeshua Ben Panthera.

Michael Tsarion / The Irish Origins of Civilization, Volume 2

robinhl.com...

“Jesus, son of Pantera” Nov
by Robin Helweg-Larsen
About 177 AD the Greek philosopher Celsus, in his book ‘The True Word’, expressed what appears to have been the consensus Jewish opinion about Jesus, that his father was a Roman soldier called Pantera. ‘Pantera’ means Panther and was a fairly common name among Roman soldiers. The rumor is repeated in the Talmud and in medieval Jewish writings where Jesus is referred to as “Yeshu ben Pantera”.

Well done, what a joke, you believe that.

No wonder you didn’t source it, the sources all laugh at the gibberish crap younsold as valid

(post by Peeple removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Peeps, you are welcome to your opinion re my faith, it’s your choice. I believe in freewill, in your choice to believe or disbelieve in what I do. In fact I encourage you to make a choice that suits you, no skin of my nose and your opinion is valid to you, good on you

I just draw the line at stupid, ill conceived fantasy pieces of pig swill, crap like you offered, then I will question your fantasy piece, mock it and ask for you to show the evidence

And ask
And ask
Until you admit you made it up or it’s just a whore out for stars and flags

It’s a good idea to leave your thread, very good idea.
You have nothing valid to offer to support this lucid fantasy based on silly sources you don’t even understand

One thing is clear, you never thought to source your material or even question any of the childish links you read
Two things are clear
I did, I went looking for the truth, found your churlish links, your infantile sources, your ludicrous lies that you based this fantasy on. I searched, found linked and showed you where you failed
Then you say I didn’t
I asked you for sources then had to supply them for you s
So
When you say I didn’t, couldn’t, wouldn’t, I actually did, you were the one who read something, put no effort into it and then posted like you knew everything
Dumb wasn’t it, really dumb

I am rubber you are glue, what you said at me is now on you

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Seriously dude, I have said in the OP the timestamps don't match 100% that it might not be the Jesus, I really do the # not know what you want from me.
I said from the beginning Yeshu ben Pandera, not Jesus Christ, the one/s from the Talmud and you keep being silly and annoying.

The problem is you still can't deny that he was a sorcerer even if we only go by the biblical accounts.
That he couldn't even save himself.
That God left him, because he claimed to be God himself.

Just for the fun of it: I am God. Pray to me. I don't know who my father was and I promise to kill everybody who questions my words.

That doesn't feel right, does it? It doesn't today and didn't 2000 years ago.
A human is always flawed and weak, limited by the capacities of the biological existence.
We can only strive to be better.
But that's not what Christianity does and it's not what chrisitians do. It's always only about authority, limiting the potential, surpressing the evolution of knowledge.
Hiding behind a man, who again even if we only go by the biblical accounts did the opposite, who wanted power, immortality and bettering the world around him by questioning authority.

Sure it's immensly harder to build a relationship with a force beyond our grasps, but the answer can't be to just invent a poster boy as distraction that the religious authorities got no #ing clue what they're actually doing.

Every ritual is magic, if you like it or not, every repitition of "magical words", every hand gesture, the symbols you use to focus your mental energies on... all of that is magic.
And has in itself nothing whatsoever to do with god/s it's just means to influence your surroundings. That's religion, that's prayer and the only purpose it's used for is to strengthen the negativity.
Christianity is and always was in essence an apocalyptic death-cult. Built on magic and pushing the human species towards suicide.

Focus on the cross which means torture and death. Focus on the guy who died for the sins you will commit because of his actions. Idolatry.

edit on 28-6-2020 by Peeple because: add

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Younare way overthinking your replies
I just wanted to point out to everyone how shallow your research was for this thread
How shallow you are for posting it up, star and flag whore
Not a good idea to source from Wikipedia, pretend you know the subject either

I asked for evidence and you call me shallow? Me shallow for asking for evidence, evidence, you can’t even supply evidence and I am shallow?

You talk of looking for the truth and you post that, with no evidence, seriously? And have the Gaul to say I don’t research?

I asked for the truth and you offered nothing
I questioned your article and you start attacking me and my faith, absolutely irrelevant what I believe, irrelevant
Prove your op and then get back to me

My faith, my beliefs are your best deflection to show how out of control you are. Great deflection but I don’t care what you think of me and my faith, this is about your op, not me, not my beliefs

I asked for sources and links and you question me, you condescend me for not questioning, really? I questioned you and you say, “your dumb, you don’t question anything”

Care what you think of me or my faith?
I am discussing your op and inability to show sources outside of wikipedia

Clearly you were not honestly looking for the truth, You didn’t check the lies. But you yourself, no thought of thinking, never questioning, just hoping to whore a few flags and stars.

Sources and links, nothing at all, just blind faith and guess work.

Please come back and Attack me and my faith again, a nice warm deflection because your ignorance has been so completely exposed you have no other recourse. This thread has become a classic failure of gigantic proportions

In fact best I don’t post again, have the last word please, I will just let you scuttle this wreck of a thread. 😬

edit on 28-6-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I gave you my sources. Wikipedia gives you at the bottom of the page sources.
Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they don't exist.

And it's been a lifelong dream of mine to get 5 flags on a dying internet forum nobody cares about.
I ask you to please respect that.

You really are insane
edit on 28-6-2020 by Peeple because: add

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

6 now peeps
Just a little more research, cheers
Enjoy

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Where's your source for claiming I did no research?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   

The question you should be asking yourself is, "Why do I choose to believe the lost works of a philosopher over a religious text that has survived thousands of years?" Surely, there is something to that.

Celsus was either a Greek or a Roman who wrote during the latter half of the 2nd century AD. Very little is known about his origins or life. The work in its original form has been lost and the True Word survives only as excerpts from a work by the Christian scholar Origen

en.wikipedia.org...

The second question you should ask yourself is, "Why does the Old Testament of the Bible, which was written by Jews, prophecy of their own demise where only a remnant (a third) will be saved, as told in the book of Zechariah?" Did the Jews not ever catch that part in their own religion and think that maybe there was something they didn't understand about their own religious texts?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Personally I don't believe Jesus was a real person at all might be distortion of an older myth, maybe Horus, but more likely a mixture of quite a few stories.

And your second question is I assume because they unlike Christians don't think claiming fellowship in the right faith is enough to be an unfailable worthy human being the almighty won't judge.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Well, your assumption on the second question is wrong.

edit on 29-6-2020 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Is that so? And what would've been the right assumption on that question in your opinion?

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

In summary, it helps to know and understand what's written in the Bible, but here's the short version...

www.chosenpeople.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I can't read that because my internet isn't functioning right. You'll have to tell me in your own words.

But my guess is it's some bs about how they resisted being deceived into worshipping a mortal and if that's it: don't bother, because I think it's obvious what my opinion on that would be.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

You're wrong again...

We need to go back to the earliest biblical texts to understand the Jewish concept of salvation. Based on God’s unique relationship with the people of Israel as presented in the Tanach (Old Testament), salvation is almost always understood as collective and national, not personal and individual.

As for your opinion that Jesus was just a mortal, it's clear that you don't understand that he was conceived by the Holy Spirit and why he took on a human physical presence in the first place. The Bible goes into detail as to why this fleshly aspect of God was requested by the Jews and then ultimately necessary to serve God's purpose for mankind.

edit on 29-6-2020 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Zeus did that a lot, making children with human-ladies. But he also hated humans in general.
If he wasn't a mortal why did he die?

And isn't it also said that after the one the Jews are waiting for, the almighty will be a known presence to everybody, and it will basically be paradise on Earth?
Olam ha-ba.
Do you live under the impression that's the case?

What's this purpose you're talking about? The Inquisition? The Crusades? The television priests getting filthy rich? Our modern day liberties, everybody #ing everybody and everything? The children starving? The growing inequality between the poor with no rights and freedoms and the rich who can do and control everything?
Don't you agree this world now needs a lot more salvation than ever before?

And in the twisted mind-# Christianity is, didn't they kind of know that, that after they made people worship a man, things could only possibly get so much worse that's why they left the door open with all that talk of an apocalypse.

That's more likely right? Jesus was an invitation to the devil to rule the world, to make things so bad, the almighty kind of has to come back.
Because as I said earlier: after the real deal Earth will be Garden Eden.

Adeoque probantur Jesus is the Great Deceiver.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Zeus did that a lot, making children with human-ladies. But he also hated humans in general.
If he wasn't a mortal why did he die?

Zeus hated humans because he was a follower of Satan, not God. Like many previous "gods", he wanted to be God, but that was impossible.

Jesus only died a human death, not a spiritual one. That's why He is still considered the "living God" and claims He won't be returning until...

Luke 24:44 - And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Notice that Jesus points out that many of the scriptures in the Old Testament were about him, unbeknownst to the Jews who still don't understand their own scriptures.

And isn't it also said that after the one the Jews are waiting for, the almighty will be a known presence to everybody, and it will basically be paradise on Earth?
Olam ha-ba.
Do you live under the impression that's the case?

Yes, but this is only after the "harvest of the wheat and tares" and it will only last 1,000 years before the end of the world as described in 2 Peter 3:10.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

What's this purpose you're talking about? The Inquisition? The Crusades? The television priests getting filthy rich? Our modern day liberties, everybody #ing everybody and everything? The children starving? The growing inequality between the poor with no rights and freedoms and the rich who can do and control everything?
Don't you agree this world now needs a lot more salvation than ever before?

Jesus died a human death as a sacrifice for human sins so that humans would not die a spiritual death along with their human one. In the Bible, this is referred to as the second death, which includes both a human and spiritual death.

The world does need a Savior more than ever, but Jesus told us in Matthew 10 and Luke 12 that he came to bring division and a sword, not peace. Jesus doesn't bring in peace until the Millennial Period, which is His 1,000 reign on earth that I mentioned to you in my previous post. The reason God allows the earth to essentially turn into hell in a handbasket is because it's the only way to show stubborn humans that they are not capable of saving themselves and are indeed in need of a Savior.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join