It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The giant white, woke, 120lb elephant in the room

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth
Ok pls read the article above, the trend for Portugal is the best in Europe, from where they started as among the worst.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Ok pls read the article above, the trend for Portugal is the best in Europe, from where they started as among the worst.

I thought I did and their position was to ease the arresting and be more liberal.

Now they stopped arresting and are reporting positive results.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

for all you looters out there, can you loot me a 4K UHD TV?

These protesters are out of control because the mob is rudderless. Floyds brother tried to insist people to calm down and behave but that obviously fell on deaf ears, we need prominent black people like Serena williams, LeBron James, Neil DeGrasse Tyson-all the prominent black people need to come out and say 'i'm very disappointed in you, looting is not protesting, so please protest responsibly' there needs to be a voice of reason and so far Floyds brother is the only one.

And i'm still waiting for my TV.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

for all you looters out there, can you loot me a 4K UHD TV?

These protesters are out of control because the mob is rudderless. Floyds brother tried to insist people to calm down and behave but that obviously fell on deaf ears, we need prominent black people like Serena williams, LeBron James, Neil DeGrasse Tyson-all the prominent black people need to come out and say 'i'm very disappointed in you, looting is not protesting, so please protest responsibly' there needs to be a voice of reason and so far Floyds brother is the only one.

And i'm still waiting for my TV.

Ironic post, considering the topic of the thread.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

A couple people wit guns does not an armed populace make. Sure, some folks there may have guns, but it ain't nothing like it is out here in the hinterlands, where everybody and his or her brother or sister has an even dozen, and all the ammo to feed them.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing up this point. I think BLM at its core has some solid points and the initial reasons for the protests are legitimate. Many people are, as usual, taking advantage of the situation for their own agenda under the guise of BLM itself, whether it's white looters, black looters, left-wing ANTIFA, right-wing supremacists, companies that genuinely want to do good, companies that are putting on a performance to align their brand with the cause to make more profits, social media influencers who show up just to take a pose and go home, cops who take a knee for a photo op before putting on their masks and tear gassing the crowd, Democratic/Republican leadership theatrics, etc. etc.

I think it will disproportionately be blamed on BLM and black people, and for every one idiotic activist playing woke Olympics who wants to replace the Star-Spangled Banner with Lennon's "Imagine" (I think literally one dude said this) that gets massive media coverage by all the major outlets, there are hundreds of thoughtful, articulate lists of tangible and substantial systemic changes we can immediately act on floating around that get zero press.

Some of the slogans that popped out of nowhere like "defund the police" are definitely suspicious too.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I have no compassion, zero, and no empathy, and I'll be damned if I'll hand out needles to addicts. They got themselves in that situation - I didn't put them there - and they can figure it out or die trying. Not my problem.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu
How do you know it is just some folks?

You said all, except the criminal element, were disarmed. Seems that is not the case.

Saying they don't have as many guns as people in the rural areas is a poor attempt at shifting the goalposts.

edit on 30-6-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I thank the heavens for having several people in my life who taught me to love, respect and listen to what other have to say whether I agree with it or not. In addition to that someone that was part of the school system yet was a part by not only teaching me some practical Stills but to think and to ask questions especially the why. I do agree that instant gratification is the game of the day. There are many out there who are angry don't even know why so exactly like others have said they focus on others angers just as a reason to expel there's but yet with no guidance purpose or meaning. Unfortunately African Americans in this country have dealt with a lot of things bad things horrible things and yet some have managed to pull through it is also up to them up to their community their families to bring themselves together to teach and to learn from past mistakes theirs and others. I've never been much of the praying kind but I do hope that something positive comes of all this and not just Mayhem. As far as those pulling strings are they racist I don't think so do they have agendas absolutely our people being played absolutely even those putting in their two cents that they feel they're obliged to at the same time they're also infuriating flames of hate even though what they're saying may not be hateful but people love to disagree and want to be right especially in this day and age. keep your family safe

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Well then! If you've got the firepower, go ahead and light 'em up!

I'll wait and watch the news to see when it happens...

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu
I never said I was one of "them".

I just pointed out your baseless assumption and your backpedaling.

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

I have no compassion, zero, and no empathy, and I'll be damned if I'll hand out needles to addicts. They got themselves in that situation - I didn't put them there - and they can figure it out or die trying. Not my problem.

Now who narcan, they are staying alive longer.

Ban narcan.

For awhile they were afraid to try heroin because of a rise in overdoses years ago.

But narcan gave them a pillow to fall on, a comfort blanket. Now they are willing to try heroin again.

Dont worry your school nurse has come narcan

posted on Jun, 30 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I think you are right it does have a chance this time around , as other things are happening too along side these events.

These groups all need strong leadership , I dont agree with the destruction of property and looting, but it appears it always a time when opportunity strikes for those who cling to materialism to loot and those who cling to hate to break and burn. It happens all over the world in every riot or public uprising, the main goal can be achieved but there is always those who just cant help themselves by helping themselves to whats not theirs , it only causes further suffering.
Everything is insured from a corporate perspective they will just claim it all back and get more money so they dont care really.

All the while the small businesses fail as they cant pay their insurance premiums from the damage of looters or arsonists as they are furloughed etc or unemployed now.

I feel this is a good shot to change things in our lifetimes , but like you say strong leadership is required and unity is required to make real change and looting and burning doesnt create unity it creates fear and panic.
it tars the movement and sows seeds of distrust in the working class.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Yet BLM leaders are known for calling for violence against police officers, whites, and anyone whom dares have a different opinion from BLM.

It's ironic the lengths that left-wing media like "youtube" go to lose videos of BLM leaders,and BLM protesters calling for the death of police officers, and whites. Or call to "hang police officers..."

The worse part is that democrat/liberal police officers allow themselves to be denigraded. You think BLM members will respect these officers?...

Anyway, back to "these protesters." What exactly are you talking about that these protesters might change?

Remember this fact...

They are protesting the lowest homicide in the U.S. as if it was "a systemic problem."

There is no "systemic racism." That's just the latest excuse to become violent, to rape, robbing, human trafficking, etc.

edit on 1-7-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join