It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The political mentality of ATS and its demise

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Anyone who thinks that their sorry ass can make a difference by voting for example is so far gone that they need to be taken by the river and shot in the head.

We do not need anymore mindless drones.

Those who think that there is no reason to vote, and it's better to be neutral will choose the same thing so many Germans chose when they saw minorities like the Jewish people being sent to concentration camps. Yet many Germans did nothing even those that felt what the nazis were doing was wrong.

There are only two sides, being neutral is the same as being silenced to the wrongdoings of the radical left.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I agree with this entirely actually. I believe leftists/progressives and liberals/democrats are being purposefully conflated by the right. This is dangerous in my opinion, especially since it is the extreme left that is in the streets right now, not democrats and certainly not liberals.

The liberals are getting their window's smashed too.

Is that why so many democrat mayor and governors have been allowing Antifa and BLM to take over sections of their cities and have allowed the chaos, destruction and violence against small business owners throughout the U.S.?

Would you consider Obama an extremists? If not, have you even watched and heard from his own mouth what he thinks is happening with all the looting, destruction of private and public property etc?

Here, let me help you.

How can you ignore the fact that democrat leaders, and the left-wing media have sided with the violence and destruction being brought by Antifa and BLM?

How can you ignore that democrat leaders have called for the dissolution of our law enforcement agencies, the abolition of ICE, the border patrol, the dissolution of the U.S. Constitution, etc?

How can you ignore the fact that democrat leaders, and the left-wing media have been claiming "the protests have been mostly peaceful", yet so many U.S. cities/towns are burning in several areas?

Democrats are part of the extreme left now because they have embraced it completely, and they don't care if violent groups like Antifa and BLM burn the U.S. to the ground as long as democrats get control of the U.S. government once more.

edit on 28-6-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

No , You HAVE to CHOOSE , so Choose Wisely........

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

And there are trump supporters that think trumps partnership with Putin is a good thing. I think it's treason.

You are INSANE. After all the investigations which led to the conclusion of "no collusion between Trump and his campaign advisors with Russia" blind lefties like you keep on claiming that Trump is/has colluded with Russia?...

Lol, the delusion is strong on you, and those who think like you...

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The vast majority of my posts have questions in them and points that could be debated, but they never hardly are. I could write 3 paragraphs and only get a reply off of 3 words that just says orange man bad while ignoring my main points.

edit on 28-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

You are INSANE. After all the investigations which led to the conclusion of "no collusion between Trump and his campaign advisors with Russia" blind lefties like you keep on claiming that Trump is/has colluded with Russia?...

This is the problem...There is no debating with these people they hang on some false narratives and do not let go. They can't even see the double standards they sit on in every post. I love when people ask liberals about "Trump" quotes and say that is why Trump is so bad, then they find out they are Obama quotes and then they just kind of walk away still saying orange man bad.

They can't even debate the stuff they should be debating...

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
It like picking an electric or a gas car.

One blows a bunch of hot air all the time, while "At what cost" for the other.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

History repeats itself. Those who claim "there are no sides" are simply ignoring the fact that there are sides. There are always sides, and today is no different than other times in history.

Either you are on the side for law Enforcement/law and order, either you are in favor of the U.S. Constitution, either you are in favor of the freedoms and rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights, either you are in favor of U.S. sovereignty, or you are against it.

The democrat party is against everything I posted above. It isn't just the "radicals in the left". The democrat party has embraced radicalism.

Biden is the candidate the left wants. Do you call the fact that Biden has stated he would put O'Reorke in charge of "gun violence." In fact Biden said "Beto will take care of the gun problem."

Is that not radicalism? Biden has stated that he will put in charge of "the gun problem" a man that has stated clearly he will send the police house by house to take away our AR-15,and other "assault weapons".

Biden, in one of his incoherent rants, stated that "The green New Deal" was his policy/idea. Even though he falsely claimed this was his idea, unless he was talking about his old plan, is evidence that if Biden is elected he won't be the one to set "climate change policy." It will probably be the VP whom will take over "climate change policy." So if you want to know what Biden will do about "climate policy" listen to what his VP will say about it. As far as i know he hasn't chosen his VP yet. But once he does we will know whose policies will be implemented under a "Biden will be a puppet of the VP administration."

How can anyone think that a man who can barely form a coherent sentence be a good POTUS?
How can anyone think that a man whom confuses regularly where he is at be a good POTUS?
How can anyone think that a man that often in mid sentence forgets what he was talking about be a good POTUS?

edit on 28-6-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

They Cannot because they have Lost the Ability to Think Coherently with Logic and Reason . Dumb Man Animals they be ........(

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
There are very few new members on here. Maybe I am wrong and they are just afraid to post. The couple times I have seen new members this year and they had opposing views they got slagged and a couple of times they were singled out for being new.

It doesn't surprise me ATS is in trouble. Who would want to sell ads to a place where there are the same groups of people going in circles.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Anyone who thinks that their sorry ass can make a difference by voting for example is so far gone that they need to be taken by the river and shot in the head.

We do not need anymore mindless drones.

Those who think that there is no reason to vote, and it's better to be neutral will choose the same thing so many Germans chose when they saw minorities like the Jewish people being sent to concentration camps. Yet many Germans did nothing even those that felt what the nazis were doing was wrong.

There are only two sides, being neutral is the same as being silenced to the wrongdoings of the radical left.

And the radical right.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

And there are trump supporters that think trumps partnership with Putin is a good thing. I think it's treason.

Oh you mean the conclusion by the Republican GOP? That conclusion?

Lol.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
There are very few new members on here. Maybe I am wrong and they are just afraid to post. The couple times I have seen new members this year and they had opposing views they got slagged and a couple of times they were singled out for being new.

It doesn't surprise me ATS is in trouble. Who would want to sell ads to a place where there are the same groups of people going in circles.

Look at the post above yours just as one example. ATS now has a reputation similar to that of the_donald on Reddit before it got shut down. Far right echo chambers don't attract new members from any other corner, because there is no objective, balanced, respectful discussion over all. It's mostly mud slinging and propaganda. It's basically the exact opposite of antifa.

Same stupidity, different side.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Look at it another way.

Do ATS users foster open and intelligent debate?

Do they use analytical tools properly to tease out nuance and challenge the headlines?

Do they use language carefully to communicate shades of thinking on complex issues?

In short, are ATS users "denying ignorance", the thing that made this a very special place?

Or is there a very vocal minority that thrives instead on generalisations and sound bites and conflict?

I'll leave you with this line from your post - "Unless a liberal can answer these questions in a robust fashion I fail to see how ATS has become a pro-big-brother website."

edit on 29-6-2020 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I used to come to this site a lot as it encouraged independent thought, focused on neat conspiracy theories and had cool paranormal stuff. The last few years though it has turned into a 'Trump can do no wrong no matter what' type of site and is more or less propaganda in my opinion, so I rarely visit this site anymore.

JD

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I'm not talking about Democratic Party leaders.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

According to me, the reason ATS is going down is because of the lack of creativity. No innovation.

I've been trying to rectify the lack of innovation with threads on cryptids, mysterious people, the paranormal, like the ATS of old.

I think i speak for many long term members that the site is not what it used to be. Political diatribes based on confirmation bias are flooding in and I for one am sick of it, just like the MSM flooding the broadcasts with the COVD-19 reported cases, nobody needs to know or cares, as is the case with many 'headline' threads as of late.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Its an open forum full of anonymous young and some old people all striving to be heard by saying the wittiest or most outlandish thing they can.

Then there is the nopaid fans running it.

Few if any forums are better - zero hedge when it comes to finance has alot of at least well read commenters.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
People have changed.

ATS is just a representation of the people.

A poor tradesman blames his tools.
ATS isn't to blame.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
It’s difficult to have debate with many here who toe the line of their party to the point of defending anything and everything they say or do, regardless of how insane it is. That # I’m sick of here. The political trolls, shills and anti-trumpers that have infiltrated ATS have done more damage to ATS than anything else. A large majority of the toxic material on this site comes from these people. They don’t care about debate, only invoking reactions and discord.

Such as this post. This was in context to the discussion, not directed at the following poster.

Swallowed whole by the usual suspects too

Following post:

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
You would know, after all nobody knows how to swallow quite like you do.

WTF? This wasn’t even in the pit, which would still violate T&C I believe. This is the kind of troll crap and mentality that’s killing this site.

So again.. now you blame the anti-trumpers for the demise of the website...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join