It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The political mentality of ATS and its demise

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: face23785

You describe the same kind of polarisation that is displayed by avid Trump supporters towards democrats now.

The issue is that you can't see that. Both sides do it. You are more alike than you might think. Your post actually proves that.

Where did I say Trump supporters are exempt from divisiveness?

The real issue is, while you think you're above all this, you're years behind the curve on this issue. This isn't even a left-right issue anymore. It's freedom versus authoritarianism. Apart from a few TV mouthpieces, very few people on the right are running around talking about bringing people together. It's the radical left that's running around pretending to be tolerant and inclusive while they want to ban free speech and even think some people should be jailed for disagreeing with them.

The far left, which runs the Democrat party now, thinks they're bringing people together by calling half the country racist and forcing their agenda on everyone (which is hilarious considering the left used to be against that kind of thing, see the 60s). The rest of the country--Republicans, independents and moderate liberals--doesn't think they're bringing anyone together by fighting the radical left. We know there's no reasoning and finding common ground with them. They have absolutely no interest in that. They just want control. It's the authoritarian left versus the rest of the country.

You might wanna check in on the issues more than once a decade or so. Your talking points are old and inapplicable to today's American political climate.
edit on 1 7 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TimeForAThirdParty

Let's use 2020 as an example. When I would frequent ATS the main focus of conversation would have been about what does this evil and corrupt government have in store for us? What's the end game?

There are still countless threads like that on ATS, I wrote several non-political threads about CV19 before it became some sort of left vs right thing, such as my in depth thread asking Is Peng Zhou the creator of Covid-19?. You just have to actually look at the new threads or visit the specific forum you are interested in. It's true that we don't have the same volume of high quality conspiracy topics being made but they still exist if you look for them.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Me personally I've noticed ats went down hill when the original owners of the site sold.the new ppl in my opinion kissed the far right wings ass a little touch there are a ton of far left wingers who have been banned from the site.the moment the admin desided to choose one side over the other the site lost a ton of creditability.i will also point out we used to have q and a with Jessie Ventura and a bunch of others that all dispensered .I mainly get on the site for the forums like area 51 etc.as for the politics I feel it's trash.bit I'm voting Joe Biden 100%.for one thing I don't support the Russian bot in office now.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob420

Cite one case of a left winger being banned for something that wasn't obviously against the rules. I'm also pretty sure ATS is still operated by the original owners or at least some of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join