It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I am voting for Biden.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Almost 4 million jobs created since election.

More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.

We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.

Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.

Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.

New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.

Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.

African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.

Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.

Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.

Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.

Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.

Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.

Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.

Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.

The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.

95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.

Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.

Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.

As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.

Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.

Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.

Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.

Record number of regulations eliminated.

Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.

Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.

My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.

Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.

We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.

Signed Right-To-Try legislation.

Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.

We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.

Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.

Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.

United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.

Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.

Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.

Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.

NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.

Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.

Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.

Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.

Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.

Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.

Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.

Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.

Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.

Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.

Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.

Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.

Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.

We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.

www.whitehouse.gov...

edit on 27-6-2020 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2020 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
Because there are 2 liberal Supereme Court justices who are extremely likely to retire within the next 4 years. 2 more Trump appointees would give the SCOTUS a 7-2 conservative supermajority for years to come.

I thought the OP asked for reasons to vote for Biden?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The other thing is that when it comes right down to it, those fixed incomes depend on a healthy economy to keep feeding them resources. Without those tax dollars, without those healthy companies producing profits to feed stock dividends in the market, without those pension payouts ... those fixed income older folks are just as much up a creek as the rest of us, but they're the ones being scared because the economy is being allowed to continue so that they can indirectly benefit while the rest of us directly benefit.

The funny thing, that isn't so funny.. Those on fixed incomes and pensions are going to be up the creek regardless of who wins. Some states will go down sooner. Just watch. I have actually wondered if Trump does not want to win because he knows what is going to happen. There is going to be a massive pension crisis in the US.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

The other thing is that when it comes right down to it, those fixed incomes depend on a healthy economy to keep feeding them resources. Without those tax dollars, without those healthy companies producing profits to feed stock dividends in the market, without those pension payouts ... those fixed income older folks are just as much up a creek as the rest of us, but they're the ones being scared because the economy is being allowed to continue so that they can indirectly benefit while the rest of us directly benefit.

The funny thing, that isn't so funny.. Those on fixed incomes and pensions are going to be up the creek regardless of who wins. Some states will go down sooner. Just watch. I have actually wondered if Trump does not want to win because he knows what is going to happen. There is going to be a massive pension crisis in the US.

Blame that on public employee pension mismanagement.

Public employee pensions are promises based on unrealistic rates of gain. Most private companies have phased out their pension plans for just this reason. But the public sector keeps on promising based on rates of return that are almost impossible for a pension fund to realize. Then most public employee funds do not demand that employees make contributions out of their own paychecks. So it's all based on government funds from taxes in most places.

Private 401(k) funds have employee contributions and employee control to a point. Employees are invested (no pun intended) in how those funds are doing for them.

But people keep voting for the same empty promises in most state and local elections that keep the pyramid scheme going. And the problem gets deeper. Trump made the right and so did Republicans by refusing to give states a bailout under the label "COVID-19 Relief".

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
How about he will work for some type of health care for people who are poor and can afford non ?
Mite be a good ideas for the poor to not be sick because when they get sick so will you .

How about Dealing with Immigration reform in a way to do More then just add more to a wall THAT WAS ALREADY IN most places .

HOW about Collage for the poor so the ones who you keep saying get educated CAN !
HOW about Getting OUT military out of every country's who dont want us and BE the defense IT should be .

He is a Democrat and this is what The Democrats push .
HOW about Reforming to police humm dout he just panders to saying it .

TRUMP has DONE NON of these things his one and ONLY thing was a Tariff on china .

SHOW ME one thing MORE then just signing papers put in front of him Trump has done in the last 3 months .
No one could fill that in a the last thread I replied to and you can not either .

Is he the guy who saves HECK NO . try getting your out of Trumps rumps .
edit on 27-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

But people keep voting for the same empty promises in most state and local elections that keep the pyramid scheme going. And the problem gets deeper. Trump made the right and so did Republicans by refusing to give states a bailout under the label "COVID-19 Relief".

Wrong, the pension crisis is bipartisan.

www.the-american-interest.com...

Why didn’t Republican lawmakers do more to protect the solvency of state pension systems in the 1990s and early 2000s, before disaster struck? The study notes that Republicans had little incentive to pick a fight with unions before conservative activists made belt-tightening a priority in the wake of the Great Recession. Moreover, Republican politicians relied on the votes of pensioners, who are older than the general population. Finally, the logic of defined-benefit pensions—make promises now, pay later—always encourages politicians to kick the can down the road.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: VariableConstant

It's really just that he is not Trump. No matter if he is a kiddie diddler, or corrupt, or lost and senile, he's not Trump.

Just like last time..anything but Hillary

The 2 major party dynamics are a problem. I encourage people..wasted vote or not to vote outside this.

In any case..life goes on, no matter what doufus in place.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

he is trying to fix healthcare, firstly by getting rid of the nightmare obamacare which has made healthcare ridiculously expensive, but that is exceedingly difficult. Would bidens "new plan" be better than that? Highly doubtful.

College, between grants, scholarships, and student loans is extremely affordable. in my state, it's about $40,000 for 4 years. after grants alone it will be about $16,000. apply for a few scholarships and possibly a couple small loans...where there's a will there is a way.

Trump is literally right now working to withdraw 10,000 troops from Germany and 4,000 from Afghanistan lol. Also, it's not just something you can snap your fingers and do.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Well, this is one retired guy on Disability who understands what's going on.

Luckily, my retirement does not rely on state funds or private funds. Mine is Federal, SS Disability which will likely become SS retirement before the next review. A lot of people are thinking right now, "Yeah, that's not enough to live on" but I have a surprise for them: I spent a lifetime investing in ME. I can live comfortably on it because I thought ahead.

The people it is gonna suck for are those who didn't plan ahead and now are retired on an extravagant budget. That's gonna sting when the funds run dry!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Lumenari

Because I don’t care anymore. America is done. You Republicans killed it.

Democrats are bad, but current Republicans are actively evil. No other political party has argued in court and has tried to have enshrined into law that the President is above the law. No other political party follows in lockstep behind whatever the President does, however unethical and illegal.

Hell, the Democrats criticize each other so much you guys constantly laugh about them eating themselves. As if it’s a noble thing to follow a politician unquestionably. This administration has crippled environmental protections and locked kids in cages separating them from their parents. And now thousands of them can’t be found at all. That’s thousands of families that will never see their children again, just because they chose to come here to seek a better life. And obviously you all are ok with that. Because you continue to vote for it.

On his way out Obama changed the language in his drone policy so that there was no such thing as civilians when it came to drone strikes. So it would reflect better on his record. Trump doubled down on that. And in his first days in office gave control of the drone program to the CIA for the purpose of less transparency. Now we can’t even get a list of who is killed. And this is the guy you all crow about fighting a “deep state”? Please.

If I vote for Biden, it won’t be because I like him, his policies, or who he is as a person. It will be as a middle finger to all of you who think what I’ve written here is ok. And there’s no way around it, if you vote for Donald Trump, you support those things. Because you are helping keep in power the person behind it. You can talk all your BS about the media making things up etc, but deep down you all know who and what you’re supporting.

And the sad part is, I think most of you like it. Because he’s hurting the people you think deserve to be hurt. That’s not America. And that’s definitely not the America my family has fought and died for. All of you who look the other way on what Donald Trump does because you hate the left so much should be ashamed of yourselves.

It’s because of you we’re where we’re at as a country right now. Not some shadowy deep state, not the Democrats, it’s you. Every one of you who thinks it’s ok to gloss over the bad parts of this administration because of lower taxes, or the mistaken belief that Republicans care about your gun rights. Make no mistake, when it looks like the guns will be pointed at them they aren’t the champions of the 2nd amendment they claim to be. Research who started Californias crazy gun laws if you don’t believe me.

I realize this will all fall on deaf ears because I truly believe most of you don’t even care. As long as he hurts the people you think should be hurt, right?

Quoting this excellent post because most of you owe it to yourself to read it a second time. The GOP has abandoned every single ideal that true conservatives support, and they get away with it by drilling it in their followers heads that every thing wrong with America is because of "the left".

This is the same party that started the war on drugs. This is the same party that fed you the lies of "trickle-down" reaganomics. The same party that elected the former head of the CIA, and 8 years later elected his son. The same party that knew 9/11 was coming, allowed it to happen, and used it as an excuse to effectively abolish the 4th amendment and start a BS war. And somehow, some way, they've convinced the right that it's all the Democrats fault.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Because he's not Trump is a magnificent reason to vote for Joe Biden.

And here are several others...

1) He's experienced in politics and has held many elective positions. Trump doesn't have any experience in anything relevant to public office and governing on behalf of the people or the consitiution.

2) He knows how to chose competent people to surround himself with and will listen to them even when they disagree. Trump governs by whim and listens to only those who show 'proper' appreciation of HIM.

3) Biden would like to see this country and humanity as a whole survive into the future. Trump only cares about Trump - doesn't care whats left after him and that includes his family.

4) Biden will pick a competent VP (hoping for Susan Rice myself) to succeed him as he is in his sunset years. Trump's VP pick was a weird holy roller sycophant - I've never understood this religious support for Trump.

Would you like me to go on?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Oh, by the was. I recommend the OP read the excellent book "Say What You Mean" by Oren Jay Sofer.

Any post that starts with Sorry about..... I'm going to do it anyway....

At lease you are aware of your contradiction. Next step Dont' Do It.

edit on 27-6-2020 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Im voting for Biden because of his Musical skills ...man his buy a shotgun single is WOKE AF.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

He also hides in his basement while the country burns

He's also not the one starting the fires

Try the press for that.

You're so right. Fox is quite the firebug

Ummm...no silly...she meant...”try the press for that”...as in...

place them on trial...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

Aww that’s cute that you believe any of that.
But you do you man.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The people it is gonna suck for are those who didn't plan ahead and now are retired on an extravagant budget. That's gonna sting when the funds run dry!

I'm not planning on any SS. So any that we get will be a bonus.

You are right, it is going to suck bad for a lot of people.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I wasn't planning for disability either... but I have always wanted to be as self-sufficient as possible.

And, as it turns out, I was self-sufficient enough.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Which is exactly why I voted for him, and will again in a few months. Thanks!!

originally posted by: radaghast5

I defy your "Don't reply if your reply is "because he's not Trump" variable.

Because Biden "Isn't Trump" is exactly why many won't vote for Trump/

Trump doesn't act "presidential"

He's not Reagan, He's not even close to Bush.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

he is trying to fix healthcare, firstly by getting rid of the nightmare obamacare which has made healthcare ridiculously expensive, but that is exceedingly difficult. Would bidens "new plan" be better than that? Highly doubtful.

He's not trying to fix # because has no plan, but he talks a big game: he's just trying to get rid of it.

He is actively trying to entirely eliminate ACA, which strips healthcare coverage for millions of people with preexisting conditions without having any plan to replace it or their coverage, under the BS guise of "making it better" or "fixing it", during a pandemic, all the while suing and fighting to eliminate—all the way to SCOTUS.

It's a bunch of BS, but you guys buy it because "Trump," when it's simply another continued effort to undo something Obama did, which is all it is, and deny people their right to healthcare.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Trump fixed my healthcare.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join