It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I am voting for Biden.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: Lumenari

So what has Trump said he will do?
Don’t worry I’ll wait.

Oh and I’ll do whaT you did. I don’t want a cause he is old argument type thing.
I will vote Biden because Trump has done jack crap for us man. And the drinking a sip of water thing in Tulsa was a joke. The fact that anyone would vote for that man is mind boggling.
But you do you man.

America was the most prosperous it had been in 50 years. are you anti American?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Trump fails.
a reply to: RazorV66

A difference between failing and mistakes especially when lives are involved...

I keep hearing that story.
Failed at what exactly?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
4 pages into this thread and I have yet to see any valid response from the esteemed Dem supporters here on ATS on why Biden is the superior candidate.
It’s all been....because Trump blah blah blah.

If the Dems would run a #ing candidate that was worth a sh!t and proved that they were for America and not against it, I would vote Dem again.
But they can’t and I won’t.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: radaghast5

I defy your "Don't reply if your reply is "because he's not Trump" variable.

Because Biden "Isn't Trump" is exactly why many won't vote for Trump/

Trump doesn't act "presidential"

He's not Reagan, He's not even close to Bush.

The problem is that so many think acting the part is being the part and forget that acting the part is only a small part of the equation.

My alma mater hired a football coach a while back who very much acted the part. He could say all the right things and really looked and sounded like he knew what he was doing. The problem was that when the rubber met the road, there were absolutely zero results on the field. If he knew what should be happening, then he couldn't put it into practice.

It wasn't recruiting either. Even the recruits thought he sounded like he knew what he was doing. When the admin had had enough, the next guy in only took a year to take those recruits and make a huge difference in on-field performance.

Presidents are no different. It's one thing to look the part, but results matter more. I'd rather have results.

I was better off until 2020 made everything go pear-shaped. I have more confidence that Trump's policies can effect a faster recovery than anything Biden's backers could produce.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I have answered that question in detail in several threads. One of which I know you were posting in I guess you didn't see any of those.

No, I didn't see it (or at least don't remember seeing it) so thank you for an actual response.

It is on record that Trump was briefed on this back in December I honestly think he was briefed before that when he was visiting China and it is the reason why he made an unscheduled visit to Walter Reed the week he got back. I say that because in that time period US intelligence knew and briefed Israel on it. As for what he should have done is made it a point to assess the severity of it and then prepare. There was a playbook just for such a thing and he ignored it. In January most of the world knew there was a problem from all the videos coming out of China still Trump ignored it or downplayed it.

I have no problem believing he was briefed on the virus in December. None whatsoever; if someone sneezes the wrong way in Beijing, our intelligence probably knows about it.

The question is what he knew about it. No one in January knew much about it. January 14th, the World Health Organization made the following statement on Twitter:

Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel #coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in #Wuhan, #China
With the WHO stating that there was no human-human transmission, that would indicate the virus was in the local Wuhan area but was not transmissible. Thus, there is no need for concern outside of Wuhan.

On January 21, the top infectious disease expert in the US, Dr. Anthony Fauci, made the following statement:

“Obviously, you need to take it seriously and do the kind of things the (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the Department of Homeland Security is doing. But this is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about.”
That indicates to me that Trump was indeed "taking it seriously," since Dr. Fauci qualified his suggestions with "and do the kind of things [we] are doing."

When Trump did start to move it was a ban on Chinese entering the country. He didn't stop travel from China some fifty thousand people still entered the US from China. That was one of the big F ups. At the very least he should of had the CDC screening them. He didn't shut down any travel from Italy that was being hammered nor were there any screenings. I think at that point he was saying it was going to magically go away.

I couldn't match your number, but I got close:

Nearly 40,000 Americans and authorized travelers have come into the U.S. from China since President Trump imposed travel restrictions more than two months ago, the New York Times reports.
Americans... would you have preferred allowing several thousand Americans to die without even trying to get them back home? If memory serves, the exceptions also required those entering the US from China to undergo an actual 14-day quarantine. Screening by the CDC would likely have resulted in some Americans being let in easier, since the efficacy of the original testing procedures is in question. As it was, there was zero dependency on testing efficacy; everyone entering was quarantined.

To state that the travel ban wasn't really a travel ban, is at best disingenuous. It was a travel ban for foreigners, with exceptions for American citizens that still took precautions.

He turned down the WHO tests which set back testing in the US.

Tests which have been shown to be somewhat inaccurate, giving false positives and false negatives, suggested by the same organization that had previously stated that the outbreak was confined to Wuhan, China and posed no risk elsewhere.

He had the states fighting and bidding against each other for PPE instead of acting like a leader for the nation.

The states were already fighting without the assistance of the Federal government. Any time there is a sudden need for a commodity, there is a fight over who gets what is available. New York Governor Andrew Cuomo brought in the US government by begging them for assistance in procuring PPE.

In hindsight, perhaps it would have been better if the Feds had ignored Cuomo's pleas. There turned out to be no shortage. Of course, prudence in a rapidly developing situation dictated that assistance be rendered. I will not fault anyone for failing to ignore such pleas.

When he made it a task to acquire ppe he put it on Jared Kushner and he tasked some of his buddies. Did you know they paid a company that had closed down millions of dollars and they didn't even work in that buisness to begin with? It was a friend of a friend of an acquaintance. You know that playbook that Trump ignored had a list of contacts. Still, it was ignored, in fact the administration claimed there wasn't a playbook which they later recounted.

I really don't think the issue of identity politics deserves to be in this conversation. I asked for specifics, not a list of personalities you like or do not like.

I actually cannot blame the President for ignoring advice that came from the administration that illegally spied on Americans to try and sabotage his campaign, who laid groundwork that was later used to try and impeach him without a crime, who used leftover operatives to try and push false claims of Russian collusion against him, and whose bureaucrats took every opportunity to thwart every move he tried to make since assuming office. I wouldn't trust them either under those circumstances, any more than I would trust someone who had just robbed me blind to watch my wallet.

He should have moved faster to tell the public about how serious the issue was.

I disagree, but at least that is a claim I can understand. I saw Trump's earlier statements as an attempt to avoid panic until his advisors and experts could learn more about the virus. As it is, the panic ensued to the point that the governors literally closed down the entire country. In my state, at one time, someone who was found to test positive was prohibited by law from seeking shelter outside their home during a tornado. An addendum had to be issued when storms started bearing down on the state to allow people to escape the tornadoes.

I do not think such panic is a good thing. On that point I will disagree with you. On the others... your "facts" are either incomplete or simply untrue.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

These are a few of the issues that I side with Biden and the Democrats on...

Health care and public health issues.
Immigration policy and its reform.
The environment and quality regulations.
The military and its use.
Police reform and public safety.
Social Security protections and the social safety net.
Infrastructure.
Taxes, the deficit and the economy.
National security and foreign policy.
Public education equality and student loans.
The courts.

edit on 27-6-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I agree; for example he already brought affordable health care to the people, we should give him another chance to do it again since he has that experience.

I actually have heath insurance under the Trump administration; I had none under Obama.

Please, please, don't take my health insurance away again!

Please!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

but current Republicans are actively evil.

Most of my friends are very middle ground, we have gone both ways regarding elections.
Many have echoed the words you just said. These are people that have voted Republican in the past, and may
have even voted for Trump the first time around.

I think Trump lost a huge chunk of his voter base when it was portrayed that seniors should sacrifice themselves for the economy.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

How should seniors sacrifice themselves for the economy?

No one is forcing them to go outside and work in it. Most seniors are retired and living on a guaranteed, fixed income. They can easily have the things they need brought in to them.

Contrast that with the rest of us who have jobs, lives, families - you know little children who depend on us to feed them. We do not have fixed incomes that come to us no matter what like most seniors. We cannot afford to sit at home on our thumbs forever. We run out of money. We run out of food. We run out of roofs over our heads.

So the older folks are very much demanding we sacrifice our lives and livelihoods and our children so they can feel safer.

You know ... a homeless mob isn't able to wear masks and social distance properly.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I will vote against one of two candidates as I have done in the past.

Proclaiming that either sock puppet is superior, particularly when both are so similar, is absurd.

IMO.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In JAGStorm's defense, she stated "when it was portrayed that seniors should sacrifice themselves for the economy."

Key word there: "portrayed."

What I wonder at is that New York, under Governor Cuomo, did sacrifice seniors... he required all nursing homes to accept Kung Flu positive patients against their objections, and many of them died as a result. That wasn't even over the economy... it was over cheap political points. But no one is "portraying" that at all. I assume because it's not something that can easily be spun for more cheap political points. It's simply fact.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
The "He's Not Trump" people should not respond to my question, unless you can tell me what Biden can do that Trump cannot do that you wish can be done.

During all of this turmoil over the past six months, can you point to one instance where Donald Trump has ever made you think that everything is going to eventually be okay? That if we try working together things will start to feel normal again, even if it won't be exactly the same as it was.

As it is, Trump actually seems to like throwing gasoline on the fire, mostly to reverse troll his own supporters by riling them up to be against some perceived group or idea, instead of for something positive. He's good at mocking and blaming. He has no concept of "the buck stops here". And it really plays well to his core fanbase.

But people are tired and afraid of the future. Tell me how Trump makes you safe and confident and secure that things will eventually work out all right. Because from what I've seen, he only knows how to make it worse.

Come election time, I can definitely see why more people would choose the dotty old grandpa who makes soup over the uncle who laughs when you don't feel so good.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Trump already gave an out to the Dreamers for a citizenship path and the Democrats turned him down...

We really need to make sure people don't forget this. Pelosi threw the Dreamers under the bus because she didn't want to give Trump a win on border security.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm voting for Biden so he won't lose so badly. (compassion vote)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
These replies are going to look so sad come the first debate. I HATE Joe Biden and even I will feel sorry for him. The real Biden is a POS. But this husk of a man is just a vulnerable adult. It’s actually elder abuse.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
Because there are 2 liberal Supereme Court justices who are extremely likely to retire within the next 4 years. 2 more Trump appointees would give the SCOTUS a 7-2 conservative supermajority for years to come.

6-3. Roberts isn't a conservative.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Honestly I don't think Biden is going to be the Candidate and the democrats are going to pull a switch a roo. My money is on

Michele Obama.

Regardless of that Im not voting for any democrat Im done with that crooked party for now and maybe for good

until they clean it up kick out the elites like Pelosi Clintons and all the behind the scene scum.

After 2016 they had their chance to do this and they failed to do so on all fronts.

I hope that rotten party crumbles to the ground under the weight of it own corruption and is either reformed or another

party takes its place preferably a strong libertarian party.

I voted 3rd party last election as I started my own "walk away " from the democrats ....I may not totally like the orange man

in chief but I don't hate him either and he is seeming like the best option at this point. Also voting for him just feels like a big

middle finger to the democrats and cancel culture and wokeness at this point for me.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Because I don’t care anymore. America is done. You Republicans killed it.

Democrats are bad, but current Republicans are actively evil. No other political party has argued in court and has tried to have enshrined into law that the President is above the law. No other political party follows in lockstep behind whatever the President does, however unethical and illegal.

How hard were you laughing while you typed this?

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Well the real question is why lord trump prevented anyone else from his own party from running.

How does that work?

Party over everything?

Trump has no such power. He did not prevent anyone else from his own party from running. Wherever you get your news from just hasn't informed you that there was a challenger. Either that or (more likely) they actively lied to you and told you to think Trump didn't allow anyone else to run.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yeah the COVID19 crisis !!

What should he have done that wasn't done ?

Nobody seems to know 🤣

The Pneumonia crisis is worse !! 🤣

He should've not done the travel bans from China and Europe, because of political correctness. More Americans would've died then. Biden has stated for a fact that's what he would've done.

Yeah we'd have totally been better off with Biden...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join