It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Offers to Help Chicago Reduce Record Violence - Mayor Lightfoot tells him F--- You.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Poverty exists in New York City too. It's bigger, with fewer shootings/murders.

As of 12 midnight Saturday here in Chicago, there have been 28 people shot since Friday (yesterday) evening.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

18 people shot in last 24 hours just last week in NYC and shootings up 358 percent in last year.
edit on 28-6-2020 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   

This isn't a pissing match between which city has more shootings. The fact of the matter is there is a direct correlation between poverty and crime happening in the same neighborhoods year after year. You don't see the same statistics in more affluent neighborhoods.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

This isn't a pissing match between which city has more shootings. The fact of the matter is there is a direct correlation between poverty and crime happening in the same neighborhoods year after year. You don't see the same statistics in more affluent neighborhoods.

Yet the "activists" working in those neighborhoods, and the city officials who are charged with overseeing those neighborhoods, go ballistic when 1 Black guy (ONE), is killed by a White police officer. In Chicago, that's every 3 or 4 years. During that time, thousands of Black people have killed other Black people.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   

lets be honest here....they don't.

Folks get all stirred up when they have time to worry about it, and someone plays off their emotions.

Typically this would mean that folks who are underemployed in some way are your protesters. In a COVID world, just about everyone is sitting home with nothing to do. Mostly young and social people who yearn for socialization. It was an environment ripe for harvest.

2020 is wholly manufactured. The only judgements/opinions that one can have that are not absurd relate to how easily people are manipulated.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
And a big problem is that we are told to trust what "authorities" say, but not taught how to conduct research for ourselves.

For instance, it was very revealing when Fox News was forced to admit last week that they do not poll "likely" voters. They only poll "registered" voters. Likely voters are those who voted in 2016.

And that only 23% of the people they poll are Republicans.

I suspect that most of the polling organizations who have Joe Biden ahead of President Trump by double-digits, are using the same goofy methodology they used in 2016, which showed Hillary as a sure-fire winner.

After all, a large nationwide poll, not affiliated with CNN, FOX, NYT, etc.., showed 55% of Americans believing that Joe Biden has the early stages of Dementia. 32% of DEMOCRATS feels he does!

The Dementia poll reflects what we can see/hear with our own senses.

But it is totally illogical that someone who most Americans see as having Dementia, is far ahead, or ahead at all, in the Presidential race. Americans are kind, generous and compassionate, but we're not about to turn our country over to a man with Dementia.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

from my perspective, what you point out (if taken as true) simply means that polls are not a valid source of information. It speaks nothing to what the truth may be. We are only left with, as you show, trying to divine truth through perception and opinion.

I don't discount that polls are warped. They may have always been...who knows. But what I can say for sure is that at least until the 2020 election is over, you can believe nothing.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Locking up gang leaders is what led to the rise in violence. Not only did it cause a power vacuum that led to anarchy but Gang leaders on the streets actually enforced laws and some sort of order. Now it's complete chaos.

What needs to be addressed is the root of gang violence and crime in the consistently gang infested neighborhoods is the common denominator...poverty. work on the root causes of poverty and crime will go down. family, education, work ethic, meaningful well paying careers and opportunities will help combat poverty. It's no coincidence that the same impoverished neighborhoods are the once that remain crime ridden and gang infested year after year, decade after decade.

The problem is Democrat / liberal policies actually prevent progress and create the issues when it comes to family, education, work ethic, and meaningful careers... which leads to the cultural dysfunction.

This is what is so frustrating. The people who claim to care are the ones who are actually responsible.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

18 people shot in last 24 hours just last week in NYC and shootings up 358 percent in last year.

New York is 3x's the size of Chicago.

Truth be told though, Chicago actually isn't all that bad on a per capita basis. Cities like St. Louis, Baltimore, Baton Rouge, are far worse per capita.

You almost really have to break down the statistics though by black population and then per capita because the reality is that is the demographic where the bulk of murders are occuring to get a clearer picture.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Can you imagine what the hospital costs and follow up care for the wounded will be? How many of them have health insurance? Even if they do have it, the costs are passed on to everyone else in the insurance plan. I wonder if the hospitals that treat the wounded get any federal subsidies? I just have a strong suspicion that U.S. taxpayers are paying to some extent at least for this continuous carnage, which black leaders like Lightfoot continue to ignore, excuse, or blame on Trump. I am so sick of it.

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
Can you imagine what the hospital costs and follow up care for the wounded will be? How many of them have health insurance? Even if they do have it, the costs are passed on to everyone else in the insurance plan. I wonder if the hospitals that treat the wounded get any federal subsidies? I just have a strong suspicion that U.S. taxpayers are paying to some extent at least for this continuous carnage, which black leaders like Lightfoot continue to ignore, excuse, or blame on Trump. I am so sick of it.

GOOD POINT.. The long-term medical costs brought by Chicago carnage is staggering.

The data — obtained by the Tribune after months of negotiation with public officials — show that Chicago-area hospitals billed more than $447 million to treat some 12,000 documented victims of gun violence in the city between 2009 and mid-2016.

In fact, patients who live in poverty and are insured through the publicly funded Medicaid and Medicare programs account for nearly half of the costs analyzed by the Tribune.
More at: www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   

What she's angry about is that Trump said " Beetle Juice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice" and she was summoned to the White House so he could conference with her.
Alec Baldwin was mad because he wnated her back in his village train set.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Sunday, July 5, 2020

ONCE AGAIN... President Trump extends an offer to help during an ongoing, bloody, 4th of July weekend.
(Chicago: 85 shot this weekend. 19 have died. Several children.)

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Mayor Lightfoot's statement today: "We're making progress!"

WTF is wrong with her? More murders already this weekend (it's just Sunday evening), than prior 4th of July weekends going back 10 years.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

And people try to call the President ‘divisive’

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Fraịdee okwu gi di egwu!

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

And people try to call the President ‘divisive’

It's Democrats and the liberal media who use that word to describe President Trump. It was used a lot this weekend, after his two big speeches, calling for an end to destruction and attempting to erase America's history. To those who want to destroy and erase, his speeches were "divisive".

Never mind how eloquently President Trump spoke of Martin Luther King, Frederick Douglas, and other Black leaders in the same speeches.

His "divisiveness" needs to be cranked up another 3 or 4 notches!

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromunclexcommunicate

Fraịdee okwu gi di egwu!

In English you said: "Friday your wonderful talk". What are you attempting to convey?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

"I will code what I really want to say to Donald Trump,"

Fraịdee okwu

I answered the troll with my take.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join