It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Offers to Help Chicago Reduce Record Violence - Mayor Lightfoot tells him F--- You.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: carewemust

You have to love the doublespeak and nonsense here.

"continue to keep citizens safe" would imply that they ever were to begin with.

Sure, Trump sent the letter simply to troll. Any earnest offer of help wouldn't have denigrated them...it would have made it easy to accept the offer. Unfortunately, Lightfoot can't claim any moral highground given the performance of the city.

That statement by the Mayor stood out for me too. Maybe because less than 1% of citizens are murdered every year, she's proud of herself. You have to have a big ego to be mayor, governor, or President.

The former Mayor (Rahm Emmanuel) did allow President Trump to send 60 ATF agents to Chicago in mid 2017 to assist Chicago police. Murders have declined each year since, according to: www.cnn.com...

Chicago jails are full. As our police chief said last week, due to overcrowding, offenders are released very quickly, only to shoot someone again.

President Trump wants to send in Law Enforcement teams to apprehend gang leaders, and whisk them away to some place for rehabilitation.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   

President Trump wants to send in Law Enforcement teams to apprehend gang leaders, and whisk them away to some place for rehabilitation.

, that's hillarious, why hasn't anyone thought of that before.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Hey there BFFT!! Thanks. Life does it's thing on occasion doesn't it? I popped back up at what seems an inopportune time. But it is so good to see you and everyone else. Almost feels like I haven't been gone long. I hope you and yours are thriving and well.

On topic ( it's the rules
) I still don't feel like she should put her own feelings above her constituency. 😂
edit on 6/27/2020 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Last week, President Trump said he was going to keep his hands off of Seattle, where Antifa-BLM anarchists had taken over a chunk of the city, because the citizens of Seattle didn't seem to mind. 

Lol what

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Trump couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag. He's proven it. His COVID 'response' has been epic. The only people doing well is L'Oreal because of the vast amounts of lipstick Trump keeps having to put on that pig.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Actually he did a phenomenal job, he really did. I mean really guy he can't control who gets infected, their bodies immune response to the virus, not to mention the millions of critical variables whether someone dies or not based on tons of factors like things as simple as WHO their nurse and doctor were, timing of treatments, you name it. The fact that only 125,000 died when original projections were 2,200,000+ (5% of projected) says a whole lot about how serious President Trump took this and mitigated the damage to the lowest levels. Some will just never be happy and talk out their ass.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Trump couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag. He's proven it. His COVID 'response' has been epic. The only people doing well is L'Oreal because of the vast amounts of lipstick Trump keeps having to put on that pig.

What’s been proven is that the Dems won’t work with Trump to help America, because they are a bunch of anti-American assholes.
And the last I heard the Dem party does their own makeup and are just as ugly inside are they are on the outside.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

My such bitter hatred !!

What should Trump have done about the COVID19 ??

I know I know. It would take you too long to write it all down right?

🤣

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
My such bitter hatred !!

What should Trump have done about the COVID19 ??

I know I know. It would take you too long to write it all down right?

Maybe LISTEN to people who were warning about the pandemic in JANUARY. When his own administration was having meetings about it and then not do a damned thing until MARCH. And spend the next 3mos trying to blame everyone else. LYING about the spread of the disease. Holding rallies when cases are soaring and telling people the 'curve has been flattened'. His behavior has been reprehensible if not criminal. 'Obama left us no ventilators. Cupboards were bare. All broken and obsolete.' Horsesh!t., Almost 17,000 were on-hand. Another 2,500 were held-up for maintenance because HIS Administration cancelled the service contract. Won't wear a mask. Encouraged states to 'open the economy' against the advice of professionals and the states that did (FL, AZ, TX, etc.) are now in deep poop as a result. He's a reckless, feckless, POS. Yea, I could go on all day.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What people need to realize is that Chicago is two cities.

One is the cosmopolitan major city with beautiful parks, high rises, architecture, museums, world class universities, clustered around the lakefront. IMHO Chicago is one of the most beautiful and clean cities in the US. Seriously, Chicago is probably the most livable Tier 1 major city. HIgh paying jobs in finance, tech, law, F500 out the wazoo. This is the Chicago most people tend to envision.

The other Chicago is the far south and west sides of the city. These areas are a good 7 to 15 miles outside of the downtown area. These areas are largely comprised of the black lower class (some hispanic pockets). This is where like 90% of the murders occur. These are bombed out areas of poverty and cultural dysfunction. No random tourist would ever be in these areas. You'd have to purposely try to go to these bad neighborhoods as they are so far outside of the main area of Chicago.

Chicago also has a major gang culture in these communities. Moreso than any other city. If you are young, black, and male.... YOU WILL BE ASSOCIATED with your local gang whether you want to or not. If you are born / live on a certain block, you have to claim that gang. PERIOD.

The vast majority of the murders are gang related either directly or indirectly. When you hear of a small child getting killed, it almost always is because the child was around the actual target (usually a parent).

These gangs do not have the leadership that they used back in the 80s / 90s. They are not the multi-thousand member frats like they used to be where you had major leaders like Jeff Fort or Larry Hoover.

The gangs now are just groups of teens (say 15-30 members) claiming a few block areas. They are often at war with other small groups. They also have alliances or "cliqued up" with other groups.

The gangs are just scoring on each other but most really have no idea why they are rivals. One gang loses a member and they try to get back at the other gang. Some have literally been going tit for tat for damn near 15 years right now.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: RazorV66

Remember the old saying, “Useless as tits on a bull”?
That describes the Democrat leadership in Chicago and Illinois as a whole and pretty much the entire Democrat party.
Abject failures, all of them.

This quote from that deranged bitch is pure comedy gold, it is exactly what the Democrats do....to the #ing letter!!

It is despicable, disgusting and all too typical. Same old tired playbook. How about some leadership not steeped in the divide and conquer tactics?

It’s time to run these assholes out of office, unfortunately the brainwashed cult of Dem supporters would follow them off a cliff expecting free sh!t at the bottom but getting the shaft as usual when they hit the ground.
Burn it all to the ground and start over, who really gives a rat’s ass anymore?

although I don't there anymore, but I wonder if the states are falling into where it is hopeless to live in a big city these days

Since Americans are generally not afraid to move to a different area of the country, it's more of a hands-off approach. When people get fed up, they leave. Those that remain, don't mind the problems, no matter what they are.

Those who stay may be too poor, old, disabled or sick to move. I think it might be a mistake to think everyone who stays approves.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

My such bitter hatred !!

Lol a few lines of criticism, maybe a paragraph as oppossed to endless threads

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The Chicago media is only sharing snippets of the President's Letter to Gov Pritzker and Mayor Lightfoot.

Here is a link to the entire thing: www.whitehouse.gov...

Very True, and a Genuine Offer to ASSIST.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The Chicago media is only sharing snippets of the President's Letter to Gov Pritzker and Mayor Lightfoot.

Here is a link to the entire thing: www.whitehouse.gov...

Very True, and a Genuine Offer to ASSIST.

They can't accept the help even if they wanted to... they'd be slammed by the left for accepting help from Trump. Given this is an election year, they are trying to deny Trump any wins he can claim, particularly if that win one ups the Democrats in their own backyard and constituents. In their minds, they have more to lose by accepting Trumps help than they do just letting the status quo killings continue.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

And the Democrats claim President Trump is "playing politics"?

What the hell do they think they're doing, by letting people die needlessly, because it's an election year!

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Saturday, June 27, 2020

Chicago Violence with child victims continues.

20 month old Chicago boy killed this evening, by a bullet through the car door, while his Mom was driving.

Source: chicago.cbslocal.com...

Last weekend, a 3 year old boy was killed while riding with his Dad.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
That was not an offer of help. That was him slapping her in the face with fairly great force. That said, im not defending her against it...the performance of government in Chicago in general, and Illinois as well, has been terrible. He wasn't wrong in what he said to her.

But it wasn't an offer of help. It was a politlcal stunt.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
That was not an offer of help. That was him slapping her in the face with fairly great force. That said, im not defending her against it...the performance of government in Chicago in general, and Illinois as well, has been terrible. He wasn't wrong in what he said to her.

But it wasn't an offer of help. It was a politlcal stunt.

Yep, just an ego stroke from the meglomaniac himself.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Have at it any way you want with Trump. Your argument lacks reason
far more than error. And anyone wasting such hate on Trump when
Nancy and Schiff and Cuomo are available. Is truly putting a sick mind
on display.

No two ways about that.
edit on 28-6-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Locking up gang leaders is what led to the rise in violence. Not only did it cause a power vacuum that led to anarchy but Gang leaders on the streets actually enforced laws and some sort of order. Now it's complete chaos.

What needs to be addressed is the root of gang violence and crime in the consistently gang infested neighborhoods is the common denominator...poverty. work on the root causes of poverty and crime will go down. family, education, work ethic, meaningful well paying careers and opportunities will help combat poverty. It's no coincidence that the same impoverished neighborhoods are the once that remain crime ridden and gang infested year after year, decade after decade.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join