It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Offers to Help Chicago Reduce Record Violence - Mayor Lightfoot tells him F--- You.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Friday, June 26, 2020

The entire nation was alarmed, appalled and saddened by Chicago's 112 random shootings last weekend..Father's Day weekend. Most of the shooters and victims were, as usual in Chicago, Black/African American.

CHICAGO (WLS/ABC) -- President Donald Trump wrote a letter to Illinois Governor JB Pritzker and Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot, criticizing their response to recent violence, which the mayor and governor quickly dismissed as a political stunt.

He offered to help the city with its violence by having leaders here, meet with members of his Cabinet.

He closed the letter by saying, "Unfortunately, you continue to put your own political interest ahead of the lives, safety and fortunes of your own citizens. The people of Chicago deserve better!"

Lightfoot responded with a statement, saying, "I don't need leadership lessons from Donald Trump!

As our police officers, street outreach workers and residents continue to work tirelessly to keep our communities safe, he's using the victims of gun violence in our city to score cheap political points, spew racist rhetoric, and ignore the impact of COVID across this country.

It is despicable, disgusting and all too typical. Same old tired playbook. How about some leadership not steeped in the divide and conquer tactics? I stand with the Governor in providing for the safety and well-being of our residents.

"I will code what I really want to say to Donald Trump," she told reporters. "It's two words. It begins with F, and it ends with U."
Source, that also includes Governor Pritzker's response: abc7chicago.com...

This is the third time President Trump has (publicly) offered to assist Chicago reduce the number of (mostly) Black families losing loved ones due to the insane level of violent crime in Chicago. Each instance has been met with a similar response. But he keeps trying.

For those who don't know, Donald Trump the businessman has a long history of GOOD interactions and relationships, that benefited the Black community. He earned several awards, in fact.

Even though it's sad seeing family members wailing and crying over the loss of their loved-one to senseless Chicago violence every week, the people of Chicago and Illinois keep electing the same political leaders, time and time again.

Last week, President Trump said he was going to keep his hands off of Seattle, where Antifa-BLM anarchists had taken over a chunk of the city, because the citizens of Seattle didn't seem to mind.

IMO, other than offering assistance periodically, the President should do the same with Chicago.

If Chicagoans are not rising-up and demanding "change for the better", let the will of the people prevail. Apparently the 1,637 people shot so far this year (Source: heyjackass.com...) are "acceptable losses" to the citizens of Chicago.
So be it...

-CareWeMust
edit on 6/26/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Jun 26 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
And I used to work a short distance from S.Wabash st. Any of you remember Bismark Hotel?

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Remember the old saying, “Useless as tits on a bull”?
That describes the Democrat leadership in Chicago and Illinois as a whole and pretty much the entire Democrat party.
Abject failures, all of them.

This quote from that deranged bitch is pure comedy gold, it is exactly what the Democrats do....to the #ing letter!!

It is despicable, disgusting and all too typical. Same old tired playbook. How about some leadership not steeped in the divide and conquer tactics?

It’s time to run these assholes out of office, unfortunately the brainwashed cult of Dem supporters would follow them off a cliff expecting free sh!t at the bottom but getting the shaft as usual when they hit the ground.
Burn it all to the ground and start over, who really gives a rat’s ass anymore?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

That describes the Democrat leadership in Chicago and Illinois as a whole and pretty much the entire Democrat party.

This quote from that deranged bitch is pure comedy gold, it is exactly what the Democrats do....to the #ing letter!!

It is despicable, disgusting and all too typical. Same old tired playbook. How about some leadership not steeped in the divide and conquer tactics?

It’s time to run these assholes out of office, unfortunately the brainwashed cult of Dem supporters would follow them off a cliff expecting free sh!t at the bottom but getting the shaft as usual when they hit the ground.

although I don't there anymore, but I wonder if the states are falling into where it is hopeless to live in a big city these days

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   
When state leadership talks to the President of the United States like that... it borders on treason. This has to be fixed and it is definitely going to get ugly.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
When state leadership talks to the President of the United States like that... it borders on treason. This has to be fixed and it is definitely going to get ugly.

What people don't realize is this: Trump does not have blood on his hands and they ( govt. officials ) from the beginning have not been afraid of him. Its like your father having a belt, are you going to tell him to go fk off ?
Of course not, one would be too afraid, why, because he probably used the belt before.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Raz.orV66
Useless as tits on a catcher mitt.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
So... will Mayor Beetlejuice turn down any further federal aid she may be offered in the near future as well? Chicago is a literal Sh@! Show and has been for quite some time. She may not NEED leadership lessons from Trump, but hers leaves a lot to be desired as well.

It seems to me that a good leader that cared for their constituency would be willing to accept financial aid and or any other type of aid someone is offering them and their people.

Behaving the way Lightfoot is, is petty and clearly shows that her personal feelings trump (no pun intended) whatever the people in her district need and/or want at any given time.

Definitely NOT the kind of traits a good leader generally exhibits IMO.
edit on 6/27/2020 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
And I used to work a short distance from S.Wabash st. Any of you remember Bismark Hotel?
Me too. The Bismarck had a nice restaurant for lunch in the late 1980's.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Makes me sad for the good people in Chicago....hard to believe they just stuff it and ignore it. What should be happening is the protesters sitting outside the homes of these city leaders and demanding they do something about their town and the violence occurring daily.

I need to look up the records on numbers in Chicago for the past few years. I had never really thought about it until Trump said it was worse than Afghanistan.....and it actually is.....that is nuts!

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Me too. The Bismarck had a nice restaurant for lunch in the late 1980's.

I worked there in 71. I worked at the little kind of snack and steak and ice cream shop on the first floor. Coming from the Quad Cities to Chicago back then was kind of exciting, but had a little fear, not much though. I remember going to the real big music store there and the guy trying to sell me a black Les Paul custom. Forgot how much it was at the time. It was used, that's about all I remember. Did have my Sears Silvertone guitar at the time with me.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

You have to love the doublespeak and nonsense here.

"continue to keep citizens safe" would imply that they ever were to begin with.

Sure, Trump sent the letter simply to troll. Any earnest offer of help wouldn't have denigrated them...it would have made it easy to accept the offer. Unfortunately, Lightfoot can't claim any moral highground given the performance of the city.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66
Mayor Rahm Emmanuel was run (voted) out of office 2 years ago for telling the truth about "How Blacks do things differently". His replacement was Lori Lightfoot. So far, Chicagoans seem to be satisfied with her. Not sure why.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

although I don't there anymore, but I wonder if the states are falling into where it is hopeless to live in a big city these days

Since Americans are generally not afraid to move to a different area of the country, it's more of a hands-off approach. When people get fed up, they leave. Those that remain, don't mind the problems, no matter what they are.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

My feelings exactly. If you go back through the Presidents you remember, and those who are chronicled on the History channel, there was never a time when former Presidents bashed the sitting President like Obama has and still does. His lack of respect for the Office of the President gives a "green light" for every naturally evil person to demean the office and the person holding it.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
That's one of several reasons why I'm looking forward to the Indictments and accompanying Reports coming from the team that Attorney General Barr put together to investigate ObamaGate/SpyGate.

America will see that President Trump was a victim, and that he delivered justice to the perpetrators.

The high-profile "haters" will then be less hateful publicly, for fear of lady justice investigating their wrongdoings.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Sanctuary Cities/States took the Trump Administration to court last year, after he threatened to withhold Federal Money from them.

President Trump WON.

Source: www.nbcnews.com...

But being a "softie", I don't think he has yet ordered any funds withheld from any of them.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
So... will Mayor Beetlejuice turn down any further federal aid she may be offered in the near future as well? Chicago is a literal Sh@! Show and has been for quite some time. She may not NEED leadership lessons from Trump, but hers leaves a lot to be desired as well.

It seems to me that a good leader that cared for their constituency would be willing to accept financial aid and or any other type of aid someone is offering them and their people.

Behaving the way Lightfoot is, is petty and clearly shows that her personal feelings trump (no pun intended) whatever the people in her district need and/or want at any given time.

Definitely NOT the kind of traits a good leader generally exhibits IMO.

My goodness, talk about a sight for sore eyes. I hope life is treating you well.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The violence in Chicago is viewed like Covid-19 is, by the general population. Deaths from both are confined to specific niches. 80% of the population....those who "control and own" everything are minimally affected by either one.

But like I pointed out in another thread. One of the 112 people shot this past weekend was WHITE. A 22 year old college student was killed while walking down the street. Police issued pleas for help from the public, and the Chicago news media devoted time to their broadcasts on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday to show his face, explain his background, show his grieving parents, and also ask for help with finding the shooter.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
There really wasn't much to fear in Chicago during the 1970's in the way of violence. I was a gang member in the mid/late 1970's, but none of us had guns. It was more of a tough-guy thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join