It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis City Council Unanimously Approves Motion To Abolish Police Force

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is how gangs and mafia's gain political power. Perhaps someone should direct these people to places called Sicily and Mexico.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ya uhaha you have single handily spread false information again and dumb people fed on it.
This is just restructuring p. Simple as that dude. Nothing more and nothing less. You just want stars before you are no more.
The fact that users fall for this is beyond me man.
Restructuring is not disbanded forces..... they are still in place. Please everyone understand that.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: ByteChanger

originally posted by: xuenchen

The entire City Council of Minneapolis MN has voted to abolish their police force !!!!

I think the Mayor will veto it.

If he/she has done any research, I hope so! Camden, New Jersey disbanded the police force and the city is now a mecca-hub for criminals of all kinds.

Camden New Jersey has been one of the most violent cities in American for literally decades before they disbanded their police department, and violent crime has steadily declined once the new agency was formed.

I know you’re here to push an agenda, but maybe don’t use blatant lies to do so.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So is the criminal court system still intact? What’s the point?

Who is going to serve warrants when dead beat parents don’t pay child support. And make arrests?

Talk about consequences?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
If anyone wants to know a good place to start a meth lab I know one...

I bet there are tons of warehouses that will be available to set up any sort of operation you wanted ....from a dream meth lab to your own private elite gladiator games as long as you have enough guns and goons to protect it from the other thugs and goons in the area....the possibilities of lawlessness are as limitless as your imagination
edit on 26-6-2020 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Too busy reading the click bait snippets the OP provides for their echo chamber and can’t be bothered to take five minutes to actually read what’s going on.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Too busy reading the click bait snippets the OP provides for their echo chamber and can’t be bothered to take five minutes to actually read what’s going on.

He only has one goal in mind. To convince others to believe their view point. It is sad to see many that believe themselves to be smart fall for this crap. Kinda like Trump taking a drink of water and the small crowd cheered....like wtf man!

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Camden New Jersey has been one of the most violent cities in American for literally decades before they disbanded their police department, and violent crime has steadily declined once the new agency was formed.

More to the story...

Now, seven years after the old department was booted (though around 100 officers were rehired), the city's crime has dropped by close to half. Officers host outdoor parties for residents and knock on doors to introduce themselves. It's a radically different Camden than it was even a decade ago. Here's how they did it.
www.cnn.com...

The Camden County Police Department (CCPD) is the municipal police agency for the city of Camden, Camden County, New Jersey, formed in 2013. It is the successor to the Camden Police Department.[1]
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Camden didn’t abolish the police department. They cleaned house and restructured. Huge difference.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

To be fair, the city of Camden did in fact dissolve/disband/whatever their own city PD, then formed a county PD. The county took over policing within the city and brought in a buttload of new officers after the city fired something like 70% of the city cops before dissolving/disbanding/whatever the city agency.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If! neighbors lookt out for each other.
and we all had guns and new how to
use them we would be a little ok.

but criminals will flock in knowing cops will not be around.
they can rob you rape and slowly kill you.
then move on to the next one.

cereal killers child rapists and all the sick evil people will move in.
will YOU play Batman? No they will kill you.
only cops have the skill to stop them.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Dominoes pizza delivers by armored car. $100.00 per slice. Prepaid only. Please approach the truck with your hands up.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Did you read anything just cited?

“ (though around 100 officers were rehired),”

“ The Camden County Police Department (CCPD) is the municipal police agency for the city of Camden,”

So no. The city officials didn’t leave a vacuum of law enforcement. How is that equal to what is being pushed by the Minneapolis City Council?

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm going up there. All guitar stores take note: all your bass are belong to me.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
This is one of the daft lunatics behind this.

City council member Lisa Bender. I'm actually surprised the CNN anchor asked her some difficult questions that kind of challenged how stupid the whole plan sounded.

So basically the Minneapolis city council wants everyone to live in fear. That's equality right there folks.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Considering the Seattle Mayor has finally admitted CHAZ/CHOP is getting out of control and needs law and order to come back, I'd say this experiment won't last very long before they realise how dangerous it is:

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
the councel can't just vote the cops out! they would need to abolish the charter that allow the police and also would have to change the Minneapolis constitution which i believe require the vote of the people! worse would be the imposition of shria law in the muslim areas of Minneapolis, social workers arn't equipt to handle violent criminals etc. but we will just have to see it play out, I lived on 34th and Blaisdell in the 1980's and it was a nice area back then. people had more respect for each other, sad times indeed, glad i don't have to go to Minneapolis anymore

I Lived 4 blocks south of where Mr Floyd died
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: (no reason given)

More police training is probably the best way to deal with this problem with input from community leaders and the people who live there
edit on 03 08 2017 by TimHeller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
obviously crime won't spike or anything too much, the sheriffs department will just absorb many of the former police officers and increase in size and responsibilities to compensate for the loss.

it'll probably be like this, regular criminal activities that are low risk being settled by new organization and more dangerous stuff being handled by the sheriffs department.
edit on 26-6-2020 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo
I'm going up there. All guitar stores take note: all your bass are belong to me.

There is no happiness in stolen guitars. Don't you know that, or you still a teenager eating snot burgers from Mc Donald's .

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

originally posted by: SolAquarius
This is one of the daft lunatics behind this.

City council member Lisa Bender. I'm actually surprised the CNN anchor asked her some difficult questions that kind of challenged how stupid the whole plan sounded.

So basically the Minneapolis city council wants everyone to live in fear. That's equality right there folks.

Lol equality of terror. redistributing the fear .

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Y'all keep calling it "Minneapolis." Don't y'all know it's now called #Somiliapolis?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join